CSS TV Schedule-Knoxville

robjim

I hope a Halls matchup will be shown. Good luck on this project.

Week 9 Halls @ Maryville is one I'm working on. There's not much space for a TV crew at Maryville but I told GC he could put me in the bushes for all I care, LOL. We'll see if it happens.

My plan is to show every High School in the Knoxville area at least once in a 3 year span. So some years I'll have to pass on Alcoa vs Maryville to make sure Wartburg, Rockwood, GP, and some of the smaller schools that never get TV time on so they do get some TV coverage. If all the games I have on this years schedule are finalized, I'll have 10 new teams on TV that I didn't have last year.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very small chance I'll have a Chattanooga HD game of the week too. My plan was to do it next year but I've been talking to a fella who is interested in trying to see if we can pull it off this year. I think it may be to late to get the sponsorships and schedule lined up and get the camera crew and all but I'm game if we can do it.

I'll keep you guys updated.

this schedule is a lot more balanced than last year when it seemed like catholic and fulton were playing every week...and whoever does the wmak games does good work because they carry the broadcast into the playoffs

They (WMAK) are able to do this because they are tape delay. If a playoff game is aired live the broadcaster would have to pay the TSSAA for the rights.

No Farragut/Bearden? What an outrage. ONe of the biggest, if not the biggest rivalries in Knox Co. and it isn't a game of the week?

the last few years not much has been expected out of bearden and while every game was close, farragut on paper was supposed to blow them away. in 04 bearden was 0-2 and been outscored like 80-6 or something, and farragut was 3-0 and had given up only 20 points but the game was a one-score nailbiter until miller broke the punt return late in the fourth qtr. but its never built up as a game between two powerhouses early in the season because well neither are powerhouses until they consecutively stay on top of their respective regions. but if there was ever a year to broadcast the farragut/bearden game it is this year. bearden is predicted by many to win their region and farragut is slated to finish in the top two of theirs. so for the first time in about ten years these two are both potential late-round playoff contenders. should be a great game this year at bearden.

the last few years not much has been expected out of bearden and while every game was close, farragut on paper was supposed to blow them away. in 04 bearden was 0-2 and been outscored like 80-6 or something, and farragut was 3-0 and had given up only 20 points but the game was a one-score nailbiter until miller broke the punt return late in the fourth qtr. but its never built up as a game between two powerhouses early in the season because well neither are powerhouses until they consecutively stay on top of their respective regions. but if there was ever a year to broadcast the farragut/bearden game it is this year. bearden is predicted by many to win their region and farragut is slated to finish in the top two of theirs. so for the first time in about ten years these two are both potential late-round playoff contenders. should be a great game this year at bearden.

For once, I agree with you, but I mean it is still the biggest rivalry, whether the teams are expected to be good or not. It attracts atleast 10K people every year, plus like you said they are always close, but I think this year will be one of the btter ones in the last few years, maybe since the double-ot thriller in '02 also @ Bearden.

For once, I agree with you, but I mean it is still the biggest rivalry, whether the teams are expected to be good or not. It attracts atleast 10K people every year, plus like you said they are always close, but I think this year will be one of the btter ones in the last few years, maybe since the double-ot thriller in '02 also @ Bearden.

that was actually '01 when bearden won 49-42 in 2 OT

Looks like they (WMAK & CSS) will be at 5 games together this year.

CSS-

Knoxville (All games at 7:30 p.m. ET) - 2007

August 24 West @ Farragut

August 31 Oak Ridge @ Fulton

September 7 Halls @ Central

September 14 Catholic @ Webb

September 21 Bearden @ Karns

September 28 Webb @ CAK

October 5 Maryville @ Central

October 12 Anderson Co. @ Austin-East

October 19 Fulton @ Catholic

October 26 West @ Powell

November 2 Farragut @ Oak Ridge

WMAK-

August 31 Maryville @ Alcoa

September 7 Catholic @ Austin-East

September 14 Sevier Co. @ Knox West

September 28 Powell @ Anderson Co.

October 5 Halls @ Clinton

October 12 Powell @ Halls

October 26 West @ Powell

Looks like they (WMAK & CSS) will be at 5 games together this year.

CSS-

Knoxville (All games at 7:30 p.m. ET) - 2007

August 31 Oak Ridge @ Fulton

September 7 Halls @ Central

September 14 Catholic @ Webb

September 28 Webb @ CAK

October 5 Maryville @ Central

October 12 Anderson Co. @ Austin-East

October 26 West @ Powell

WMAK-

August 31 Maryville @ Alcoa

September 7 Catholic @ Austin-East

September 14 Sevier Co. @ Knox West

September 28 Powell @ Anderson Co.

October 5 Halls @ Clinton

October 12 Powell @ Halls

October 26 West @ Powell

five games together is just lost money for wmak....i wonder if they showed these schedules side by side to the paying sponsors?