1a top teams

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play two privates every year in 4-1A.

If they play in 2A they will have to go through all the alphabets, DCA, CPA, FRA, Goodpasture, etc...... and then there is ALCOA. It would be smart for them gate wise to move into the region with the bigger gates, that's if they need the money. Traveling for 3A games is sure to be expensive.

I really started this just to get TC fans riled just a little. I really don't care where they play or who they play.

1 Friendship Christian 12 : On paper they should be ranked here; could be their year

2 Trousdale Co. 11 : Always gonna be in top 2-3 b/c they are always good w/ good track record

3 Mt. Pleasant 0 : Maybe the best athletes in 1A year in year out; if they get by JB they could win it all

4 Gordonsville 0 : Dont know much about them

5 South Pittsburg 0 : Dont know much about them

6 Jo Byrns 0 : Great coaching/system; now probably most athletic they have ever been. Could be the year to win it all provided they beat MP

7 Hampton 0 : Tough team but have trouble against more athletic teams in the play-offs

8 Union City 0 : Usually good athletes just not always consistent

9 McKenzie 0 : Do well until they play the top tier teams in the play-offs

10 Trinity Christian 0 : : Dont know much about them

1. Gordonsville- in my opinion the best team in 1a as of right now.

2. FC- state runner up in a close championship game last season and rickaway is back. they should be tough

3. Trousdale- porobably the best coaching in 1a football. good team year in and year out.

4. Bruceton- two players who could possibly be playing d1 football next year (alex matlock TE and Chad Jordan RB).

5. Hampton- back to back semi-finals appearances, great defense. they return a load of talent and experience.

1. Friendship could have as good of a backfield in 1A with three super talented runners in one backfield in Alsup (not enough credit), Rickaway, and Markham. Defensively big holes to fill but Coach Lowe has a great scheme and they will be solid.

2. Mt. Pleasant seen them play last year and Daily is a special young man. I would still like to see him play against some of the defenses in Region 4, but regardless he is exceptional.

3. Trousdale this is just out of respect. Talent wise I can not see a whole lot there, but they will be the well drilled and you are going to have to beat them, they willnot beat themselves.

4. Gordonsville offensively they could be spectacular. Probably the best dual threat QB in 1A with a pretty good offensive line. A couple holes on defense are going to be huge to fill, but talent wise could probably be on the top of the list.

5. South Pitt fastest team in 1A football no questions asked period. Needs to improve up front but they are scary.

6. Jo Byrns very good footballl team saw them and MP play last year I know they lost a couple, but I don't know if there speed is as good as those in the top 5, but they are a very good football team.

7. Hampton well coached and they play extremely hard.

8. Cascade usually very competitive and they should be that way again.

9. Huntingdon do not know much about them but they usually have a lot of athletes. (Probably should be higher)

10. Silverdale could be a sleeper in Region 3. They could have one of those Temple years.

1. Friendship could have as good of a backfield in 1A with three super talented runners in one backfield in Alsup (not enough credit), Rickaway, and Markham. Defensively big holes to fill but Coach Lowe has a great scheme and they will be solid.

2. Mt. Pleasant seen them play last year and Daily is a special young man. I would still like to see him play against some of the defenses in Region 4, but regardless he is exceptional.

3. Trousdale this is just out of respect. Talent wise I can not see a whole lot there, but they will be the well drilled and you are going to have to beat them, they willnot beat themselves.

4. Gordonsville offensively they could be spectacular. Probably the best dual threat QB in 1A with a pretty good offensive line. A couple holes on defense are going to be huge to fill, but talent wise could probably be on the top of the list.

5. South Pitt fastest team in 1A football no questions asked period. Needs to improve up front but they are scary.

6. Jo Byrns very good footballl team saw them and MP play last year I know they lost a couple, but I don't know if there speed is as good as those in the top 5, but they are a very good football team.

7. Hampton well coached and they play extremely hard.

8. Cascade usually very competitive and they should be that way again.

9. Huntingdon do not know much about them but they usually have a lot of athletes. (Probably should be higher)

10. Silverdale could be a sleeper in Region 3. They could have one of those Temple years.

Huntingdon is 2a.

If they play in 2A they will have to go through all the alphabets, DCA, CPA, FRA, Goodpasture, etc...... and then there is ALCOA. It would be smart for them gate wise to move into the region with the bigger gates, that's if they need the money. Traveling for 3A games is sure to be expensive.

I really started this just to get TC fans riled just a little. I really don't care where they play or who they play.

It worked- anyone, anywhere, any time the Jackets will suit up and play whatever the classification win or lose they will play with heart and soul.Sounds like the Jackets are already being dreaded even before the practice begins by many. Moving? probally so ,but where ever they land many will rejoice and others will cry. JACKETS NUFF SAID!

If i recall they did get kocked off in the Championship last season and they really choked in that one

No offense (pun intended) but last years 1A football game was the most boring Game ever in the STATE championship games!!!! Lets just hope that this years 1A championship will bring more excitement...

No matter who it is ...

by the way it will NOT be Huntingdon they are 2A someone had them listed above...

They might be playing that night at 7:00 but Not at 3:30!!!!