Equipment

compusatman

Riddell? Next you'll be mentioning Spotbilt!

I'm wearing my Spotbilt Classic Coach shoes as I write this. Extremely comfortable & well built. Don't know much about their current cleated shoes; back in the day they were a very good cleat. They are priced reasonable at less than $45 for a removable cleat type shoe.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wearing my Spotbilt Classic Coach shoes as I write this. Extremely comfortable & well built. Don't know much about their current cleated shoes; back in the day they were a very good cleat. They are priced reasonable at less than $45 for a removable cleat type shoe.

I didn't think many people here would know what Spotbilt was. I had a pair in 7th grade (1973); they were the most comfortable shoes I ever played in. My feet grew a size and a half that year, and I couldn't wear them again. They got passed on to a family with 9 kids; I think four of them got use out of them. And my dad went to his grave horrified that he had been forced to spend $22 on a pair of football shoes.

I didn't think many people here would know what Spotbilt was. I had a pair in 7th grade (1973); they were the most comfortable shoes I ever played in. My feet grew a size and a half that year, and I couldn't wear them again. They got passed on to a family with 9 kids; I think four of them got use out of them. And my dad went to his grave horrified that he had been forced to spend $22 on a pair of football shoes.

I remember my Dad chewing on me about paying $8.50 for a pair of Chuck Taylors when I was a H.S. freshman (1968) & how I better not be mowing the yard in those shoes...

I hope that they are not white. Black was the best color.

What about Puma. I wore them and they were very light. Wore them for 3 seasons. They had plastic steel tip cleats and had a shoe with molded cleats. Kangaroo skin. Remember Roo's and Walter Peyton.

I hope that they are not white. Black was the best color.

Nothing but classic black for me. They, of course, have the classic white spot on the heel.

What about Puma. I wore them and they were very light. Wore them for 3 seasons. They had plastic steel tip cleats and had a shoe with molded cleats. Kangaroo skin. Remember Roo's and Walter Peyton.

Another great shoe. I had a Dick Butkus poster with him tearing off the head of some poor sap; he had on a pair of Puma's. I remember they were very light. Puma made a lot of shoes for track.

The revolution helments are good but break near the earpiece (2 times) my personal favorites are the Shutt DNAs they are comfortable and no concussions this season, a first in a while

I think Douglas shoulder pads are pretty good, the only helmet I have wore is Adams and it feels good and it can take hits but I have tried DNAs on and they feel great but never have played in one.

Personal oppinion from having worn the equipment, Revolution by far best helment over all, though adams are comfy, they don't take away the blows as much as the Revo. shoulder pads Riddell Power PM86CV, did catch a couple of stingers but wasn't to bad, very comfortable shoulder pad for a fullback/LB type possibly even a big SS. cleats i wore, were Nike Air Zoom Apocalypse III. that was my base apparrel , w/ a oakley visor, cause i kept constantly getting poaked in the eyes in scrambles that would keep me out for a play or so. also wore UA forearm sleeves, it kept me from getting scraped up as bad on my arms and elbows. also wore nike manigrip blade gloves. very comfortable and durable. also instead of gettin tape spat i wore X-wrap ankle braces, which is what you see the guys on UT wearing, it's ankle braces that fit over your cleat. so very comfortable and work extremely well.