Unranked 2A Teams

singray

Not sure if you knew that Westview did not have their starting QB, Harrison Moore, who is also the starting free safety, .and three other key starters when they scrimmaged Hickman County last spring. Westview used a freshman QB who had never taken a snap against another HS team ever. Not nocking your guys. Just saying that you did not see the Westview team that will be on the field this fall. Good luck to Hickman County. Hope you have a great season and playoff run.

I agree. Westview was not a very senior heavy team this past year. They are bringin back alot of experience with, who Cottontop mentioned, Harrison Moore. He brings a double threat to that Westview offense. I dont know who the others who did not play were but i garuntee you that when it comes down to it, Westview will be a force. They will raise it up a level with everyone up and ready to go when the season starts. That just means everyone else in 2A has to step up. Not the most talented team but, they get the job done. I personally played this team twice last year playin with Humboldt. I'm lookin forward to the matchups when we suit up and pop pads again. Go Vikes!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well apparently you know nothing about football. You give me a team who has faith and can stand behing a QB that hasn't seen a start in his high school career and I'll give you a gold ball. Morale is going to be low.

A split is just that-a split. You are now two different schools so no matter how bad you would have liked those players to play in that scrimmage it would be impossible. Ours could play and would make a huge impact. Not Knocking(with a K) your guys, but if I'm correct you barely won the scrimmage and if we're pretty average compared to teams you will play then welcome to a 0-10 season.

If you attended the scrimmage I think you would agree that HC was decidedly better than westview. Perhaps your qb would have made a difference but it was obvious who the best team was in the spring. Losing players your counting on hurts you regardless of how you lose them. I'm sorry but yes, your pretty avg compared to the teams we played in 4A, heck we were pretty darn avg. But seeing how we competed against you guys really opens my eyes. Westview is usually a very solid 2A team and if this holds true its gonna be a fun year for we'uns. You powerhouses should never make excuses, just be big boys and learn from it, like we have. Here's hoping we see you guys in KEG COUNTY during November. Don't forget to bring your qb.

If you attended the scrimmage I think you would agree that HC was decidedly better than westview. Perhaps your qb would have made a difference but it was obvious who the best team was in the spring. Losing players your counting on hurts you regardless of how you lose them. I'm sorry but yes, your pretty avg compared to the teams we played in 4A, heck we were pretty darn avg. But seeing how we competed against you guys really opens my eyes. Westview is usually a very solid 2A team and if this holds true its gonna be a fun year for we'uns. You powerhouses should never make excuses, just be big boys and learn from it, like we have. Here's hoping we see you guys in KEG COUNTY during November. Don't forget to bring your qb.

Good luck to you guys this fall. Just don't make the mistake of using a spring scrimmage against Westview as the measuring stick for what Westview and other AA schools will bring on Friday nights. Westview will get a taste of 4A football at Henry County in week 3.

Something I learned a long time ago is don't read too much into a spring scrimmage or a pre-season jamboree.

I know Sequatchie is not a sleeper because we permanantly killed them last year.

Wait a min.. if you killed sequatchie last year and they are better this year... does that mean they are not a sleeper.. i wouldnt count sequatchie out after 0-10 season and people not thinking its goin to be any better.. they will be a sleeper

Guest Termite

I think you are exactly right. SC lost way too many key players to be ranked in the top 10. I would enjoy that top 10 ranking while it last if I were from SC. I also think that the big birds, as Antwitt refers to them should not be ranked in the top 10, however before the great falling away of impact players the big birds could have easily won the region 4-2A championship. That would have made it 2 in a row to the now #10 ranked team in 2A, SC.

How do you know so much about SC and who they lost???? Your really a closet SC fan...ain't ya...but cann't say as I blame ya....

As best as I can tell you would enjoy a top 10 rankng anytime..... they are kind of few and far between up there....

Could have easly won.......Would have made it 2 in a row????? Now all we need is a SHOULD HAVE........come on lets hear it..We should have.........

I think you are exactly right. SC lost way too many key players to be ranked in the top 10. I would enjoy that top 10 ranking while it last if I were from SC. I also think that the big birds, as Antwitt refers to them should not be ranked in the top 10, however before the great falling away of impact players the big birds could have easily won the region 4-2A championship. That would have made it 2 in a row to the now #10 ranked team in 2A, SC.

EASILY won the region? I doubt that. You guys have to come to our house this year.