Logan Parker out 10-12 weeks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bigger blow then we wwill notice on our side of the scoreboard. I would like to see Jason Click rin the QB position and let Taylor stay in the RB/slot guy, but thats not my call.

how does this affect Taylor on defense and for that matter whoever has to pick up the slack. I am not afraid to lose a QB on offense , I scared to lose a DB on defense, The biggest issue for D'burg this year was defense, and without Parker someone picks up a little more which leads to more effort lost on defense, which isn't good, I think they have been saying the reason Taylor hasn't played much D the last two years has been cuz of him playing QB, so if he goes back why does that change

I feel bad for Parker, the oppruntity to play for a winner and make a title run, show off the talent he has but I was think today about his injury last year, and wasn't suprised to see this...If it is 8-12 weeks then 8 would be week 5, its possible we could be undefeated and in great shape, but if its 12 he might as well hang it up and watch, no reason to stir it up that close to playoff time.....Atleast thats my opinion....Sorry The Trojans should be fine, but for Parker's sake lets pray for the best and hopre for 8 weeks or better.....

And I know Coach Bowling has a spot for Parker in his heart, but in my opinion is the team is doin alright without Parker and he ends up being health in like wk 8 or 9, don't stir things up. Let the boys play, Don't stop the train just so someone can enjoy their last ride. This train wants to go to Murphesboro

This is a bigger blow then we wwill notice on our side of the scoreboard. I would like to see Jason Click rin the QB position and let Taylor stay in the RB/slot guy, but thats not my call.

how does this affect Taylor on defense and for that matter whoever has to pick up the slack. I am not afraid to lose a QB on offense , I scared to lose a DB on defense, The biggest issue for D'burg this year was defense, and without Parker someone picks up a little more which leads to more effort lost on defense, which isn't good, I think they have been saying the reason Taylor hasn't played much D the last two years has been cuz of him playing QB, so if he goes back why does that change

I feel bad for Parker, the oppruntity to play for a winner and make a title run, show off the talent he has but I was think today about his injury last year, and wasn't suprised to see this...If it is 8-12 weeks then 8 would be week 5, its possible we could be undefeated and in great shape, but if its 12 he might as well hang it up and watch, no reason to stir it up that close to playoff time.....Atleast thats my opinion....Sorry The Trojans should be fine, but for Parker's sake lets pray for the best and hopre for 8 weeks or better.....

And I know Coach Bowling has a spot for Parker in his heart, but in my opinion is the team is doin alright without Parker and he ends up being health in like wk 8 or 9, don't stir things up. Let the boys play, Don't stop the train just so someone can enjoy their last ride. This train wants to go to Murphesboro

I agree, feel bad for the kid but if dburg is rolling you have to let em go

I hate it for the kid.... That kid left friends who he played ball and went to school with his WHOLE LIFE to play for a winner... YOU KNOW HE took ALOT OF HEAT for coming down here....But he was in a "no-win"situation.....And so was Bowling.... THE KIDS WERE FINE WITH IT!......And I believe the PARENTS OF THE KIDS WERE FINE WITH IT!..... This move has been in the making for SEVERAL MONTHS......And the move would benefit TAYLOR AND THE TEAM.....because Taylor WILL NOT PLAY QB in College....He will play another position......And in Bowlings offense this move would get the ball into Taylor's hands in more ways than one... And let him be the playmaker he is....And play SAFETY ON DEFENSE......BUT GROWN UPS WILL NOT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE......And I really believe that if this team had STRUGGLED in the least ....Struggle to win a game ( AND WE WILL BE THE GAME FOR EVERYBODY THIS YEAR) or lose a game or two and "second guessing and CONTROVERSY would have been putting it mildly.....Because all that SOME PEOPLE see is a guy who went 22-3 as a starter ( I AM NOT ONE OF THEM) being moved out of a position that he has played since 10th grade when James Counce MADE him quarterback after Justin Blake had been the qb on an UNDEFEATED freshman team....And Darren Bowling bringing in "his guy"..... Parker was all 3A region qb as a sophmore.. And knows Darren Bowling's offense INSIDE AND OUT... And he would have made EVERYONE around him better and vice versa.... But He is on the shelf... And Probably for the year...So for the rest of the year....(think Lake County with Brandon Springer).......Taylor YOU ARE THE MAN!..... YOU WILL DO A GREAT JOB!..... And in this offense... You have SPEED, SPEED and MORE SPEED at the skill Positions... With Taylor at the helm... And Caldwell and Whitfield to pitch to.....If YOU ARE A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.... WHO ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE KEEP THE BALL TO BEAT YOU?.........Parker ( although he has a really good arm) isn't THAT FAST.....Like I have said before... THEY ARE NOT GOING TO THROW THE BALL OVER 10 TIMES A GAME.... And when he HAS TO PASS.... and I would say up to 30 or 40 yards...Taylor can throw a "FROZEN ROPE".....And you DON"T HAVE TO THROW THE BALL EVERY PLAY TO GET TO MURFREESBORO....Being able to RUN THE BALL and play GREAT DEFENSE is what all Champioship teams have in common.... GET THAT DEFENSE READY WES KENNEDY!...Look at Lipscomb and Knoxville Fulton....Run, Run and Run somemore... What did David Lipscomb attempt in last year' semi-final win... 1 pass?... UT signee Dennis Rogan put up over 200 yards against Lipcomb in the State Title game... And had over 200 yds more in a semi-final win over Pearl-Cohn....And I bet they DIDN"T throw the ball over 10 times a game... And that is what Bowling's offense is based on... Regardless of who is playing WR......Lots of mis-direction and a man in motion constantly....I hate it for Parker in the worse way... My heart goes out to him and his family and I hope he has a speedy recovery...And has a chance to play college ball somewhere....But as of right now.... Rashad Taylor HAS BEEN A TEAM PLAYER.... I HONESTLY BELIEVE He wanted LOGAN PARKER here MORE THAN ANYBODY... .He and the other kids as well.... "My hat is off to him AND the other kids for taking Parker in an making him feel welcome...Takes a "big man" in more ways than one to "take one for the team" ... and play a position that is going to HELP THE TEAM( and no doubt help HIMSELF AS FAR AS HIS FUTURE GOES) ...But as of right now... Parker is out of the picture...and from all reports I have been hearing.. Probably for the season...Taylor is back under center.... And I look forward to the "Black and Gold" rolling on....Because I have NOTHING BUT FAITH in the kid who was handed the job over 2 years ago as a raw unproven sophmore.....Hey, dude... It's YOUR SENIOR season... I can never remember a Dyersburg team having this much SPEED and talent at the skilled positions...Bowling is giving you the "keys to the Black and Gold Machine Rashad, So crank this baby up and grab the wheel and LETS" ROLL!....I know football is a TEAM game and you are as only good as the guys around you.......And we still are loaded as a "baked potato"......... Dyersburg is 22-3 with Rashad Taylor at the quarterback position.... I would love for him to end his career with only 3 loses in the W column.... "Be a leader like WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN and point this bunch towards Murfreesboro".....

Maybe they should hire Stevie Ray to do motivational speeches..Or at the very least he could tape a speech like George Steinbrenner used to do back in the Billy Martin days and play it to the team every now and then....

A couple of points to make.............

First,I hate it for Logan.....He missed all but two games last season with a very freak collar-bone injury...Now he is going to miss time with from what I hear is another very freak injury to his hand...Maybe he will be able to get back and play some this season.....Although many say Dyersburg would not have thrown the ball,Logan did pass for close to 900 yards in his only full season..A season by the way that was not a full 10 games....Dyersburg would have thrown the ball....

Taylor may throw "frozen ropes"....Problem is he is not very accurate.....I saw D-Burg play five times last season and he does not impress as a true QB....He is a converted scat-back that was pressed into action because of injuries..Not saying he is not talented,because he is...Taylor had receivers open in the David Lipscomb game and missed them...Most of them badly...Caldwell was able to get some good yards against DL and had Taylor been able to hit his open receivers the outcome of that game may have been different...

I saw Fulton's name mentioned...Although D-Burg is a very good team,you might wanna hold off any Fulton talk....I've seen them a few times also....D-Burg is no Fulton....

Bowling is a very good coach but more importantly a good man...You guys will get to know the joys of crawfish suppers and if you do win a state championship you might get to meet one of Bowling's old college buddies,Tim McGraw(Although I would much rather meet Faith Hill)...Dyersburg was the favorite before Logan transferred and they are still the favorite now....Logan is a pretty good basketball player as well,so if he doesn't get to play much football he will get to play basketball at least...

Good Luck to Logan and I hope he has a speedy recovery...

Stevie...You have the best avatar on the T...................

First of all "Purple and Gold"......The second coming of Manning this kid wasn't going to be.... I agree he was a good quarterback....And it was an EXCELLENT MOVE!..... But... CONTROVERSY WAS BREWING!.......THE COMMUNITY DIDN"T LIKE THAT TAYLOR WAS BEING PULLED FROM QUARTERBACK!......His parents and the Players were OK with it... BUT all MOST PEOPLE SAW WAS A 22-3 KID getting put at WR.... And an OUT OF TOWN KID being put at QB!....A place he WOULD BENEFIT FROM.... The PARKER KID was in a "NO WIN" situation .......PEOPLE WHO DON"T KNOW "JACK" about FOOTBALL have stirred up MORE CRAP over this move than you could ever imagine....Trust me, I know what I am talking about.... The ONLY way Bowling would have pleased EVERYBODY would have been to WIN IT ALL!..... Lose a game you weren't supposed to lose....AND THE "RASHAD GOT SCREWED TALK".....would be on the front page of the State Gazette by Monday Morning.... I have had people tell me.... "THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TB"S IN THE STATE IN CALDWELL and are GOING TO THROW THE BALL!..... RIGHT!...... This town has had enough CONTROVERSY with Brian Brown.... BOWLING, sure didn't need it.....And as far as Knoxville Fulton goes... I NEVER SAID DYERSBURG was in a class with KNOXVILLE FULTON..... I SAID THEY WON WITH A GREAT RUNNING GAME ( Dennis Rogan) and GREAT DEFENSE... PLUS A HUGE OFFENSIVE LINE.....THEY DIDN"T THROW THE BALL ALL OVER THE PLACE!...... Most teams DON"T ....You don't see a really GOOD PASSING TEAM around here... At least I haven't.... This is a talented group of kids.... And the GROWNUP'S NEED TO STAY OUT OF IT!.....Because a bunch of crappy talk we don't need.... Let the kids play and let them decide the outcome..... And BTW thank you for the comments about the avatar...

First of all "Purple and Gold"......The second coming of Manning this kid wasn't going to be.... I agree he was a good quarterback....And it was an EXCELLENT MOVE!..... But... CONTROVERSY WAS BREWING!.......THE COMMUNITY DIDN"T LIKE THAT TAYLOR WAS BEING PULLED FROM QUARTERBACK!......His parents and the Players were OK with it... BUT all MOST PEOPLE SAW WAS A 22-3 KID getting put at WR.... And an OUT OF TOWN KID being put at QB!....A place he WOULD BENEFIT FROM.... The PARKER KID was in a "NO WIN" situation .......PEOPLE WHO DON"T KNOW "JACK" about FOOTBALL have stirred up MORE CRAP over this move than you could ever imagine....Trust me, I know what I am talking about.... The ONLY way Bowling would have pleased EVERYBODY would have been to WIN IT ALL!..... Lose a game you weren't supposed to lose....AND THE "RASHAD GOT SCREWED TALK".....would be on the front page of the State Gazette by Monday Morning.... I have had people tell me.... "THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TB"S IN THE STATE IN CALDWELL and are GOING TO THROW THE BALL!..... RIGHT!...... This town has had enough CONTROVERSY with Brian Brown.... BOWLING, sure didn't need it.....And as far as Knoxville Fulton goes... I NEVER SAID DYERSBURG was in a class with KNOXVILLE FULTON..... I SAID THEY WON WITH A GREAT RUNNING GAME ( Dennis Rogan) and GREAT DEFENSE... PLUS A HUGE OFFENSIVE LINE.....THEY DIDN"T THROW THE BALL ALL OVER THE PLACE!...... Most teams DON"T ....You don't see a really GOOD PASSING TEAM around here... At least I haven't.... This is a talented group of kids.... And the GROWNUP'S NEED TO STAY OUT OF IT!.....Because a bunch of crappy talk we don't need.... Let the kids play and let them decide the outcome..... And BTW thank you for the comments about the avatar...

Stevie....Bowling is in a "no-win" situation anyway....With the talent he has coming back and being the favorite and all is tough...At Central he wasn't in that situation....Anything but a berth in the state championship game is going to be considered by some as a disappointment,especially after making the semis last season....The last part of your post is getting more and more prevalent nowadays in high school athletics.....Parents,for some reason,think they need to be involved in every aspect of a team...Seems like Dyersburg is having that go on more....Lord knows Obion Central has been thru it...