I can't stand traitors

Derek Bowles an incomming freshman at CHS has transfered to tullahoma after spending all summer working with the team and even showed up to have his picture taken with the team saturday... Bowles is a good player and the coaches had made an extra effort this summer to work with him. this is everything that is wrong with hs football and i blame the tullahoma coaching staff and the parents for this.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back up...slow down...breathe...and think about this reasonably for a minute. That's what I told mysef when I heard of the news...but I'm still furious! First off, let's give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Chances are, his father had most, if not all of the say so in this situation. In fact, I'd say with 99% certainty that it was his dad's decision the whole time. I'll even take this one step further...I believe this has been in the works for a while now. I believe his dad and grandfather both played in Tullahoma. This kid is def. a good athlete, and I'd say Tullahoma had something to do with the situation, maybe even more than I want to think, but you know what...if they want him....and he wants to be over there that bad...let them have him and his family. Because they have torched a bridge that one day they will regret...the people in Manchester will not forget this. It ads just a bit more bad blood...maybe even a little hate blood...to a rivalry between two cities. Go Raiders!

Back up...slow down...breathe...and think about this reasonably for a minute. That's what I told mysef when I heard of the news...but I'm still furious! First off, let's give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Chances are, his father had most, if not all of the say so in this situation. In fact, I'd say with 99% certainty that it was his dad's decision the whole time. I'll even take this one step further...I believe this has been in the works for a while now. I believe his dad and grandfather both played in Tullahoma. This kid is def. a good athlete, and I'd say Tullahoma had something to do with the situation, maybe even more than I want to think, but you know what...if they want him....and he wants to be over there that bad...let them have him and his family. Because they have torched a bridge that one day they will regret...the people in Manchester will not forget this. It ads just a bit more bad blood...maybe even a little hate blood...to a rivalry between two cities. Go Raiders!

Hit the nail on the head. I have a few reliable sources in Tullahoma that have informed me that John Olive and Kevin Bowles have been talking about this. I would venture to say this will not go away without more being said. What are the transfer rules since he started practice with Coffee Central?

Incoming freshman guys so its not like he went to class. Other issues could come into play like did his parent/guardian change or did the family move.

Not sure if summer workouts = official practices.

If the kid isn't elligible he can still practice and have 3 more years.

Incoming freshman guys so its not like he went to class. Other issues could come into play like did his parent/guardian change or did the family move.

Not sure if summer workouts = official practices.

If the kid isn't elligible he can still practice and have 3 more years.

Parent/Guardian did not change...However, his Grandpa does live in Tullahoma....So I will be interested to see if his dad is intelligent enough to know he can't just pencil his grandpa's address in. Also, he attended a week of official practice...not just summer workouts. His dad moved him because he wasn't going to see varsity time in CC....I don't understand why he would think he would get varsity snaps at quarterback in Tullahoma, eventhough they are going through somewhat of a rebuilding phase?

coaches had made an extra effort this summer to work with him

This doesn’t sound quite right. Large school varsity coaches normally don't spend any extra effort with freshman players. Is the talent pool this low at Coffee Central for a freshman to make a difference on varsity or is this player an all world wonder?

I could understand it if you said JV or Freshman coaches.

This doesn’t sound quite right. Large school varsity coaches normally don't spend any extra effort with freshman players. Is the talent pool this low at Coffee Central for a freshman to make a difference on varsity or is this player an all world wonder?

I could understand it if you said JV or Freshman coaches.

The talent pool at Coffee County is never extremely deep....although it continues to grow with program success...more athletes getting out of the halls and onto the field and what not...the Bowles kid is not really an all world wonder...but...for a freshman he does have a great arm...tremendous speed and is freakishly strong...so you can see where the coaching staff would want to spend time with him during summer work outs. However, I would say he wasn't going to see nearly as much work now that the pads are on, because the immediate focus is on the first and second string quarterbacks since there is a position battle there this year.

TSSAA doesnt care where he is zoned they just care on where he started his High School elegiblity in this case he would be elegible all 4 yearsTSSAA doesnt care where he is zoned they just care on where he started his High School elegiblity in this case he would be elegible all 4 years

If a person has no established High School athletic record, the question is mute.

If a person has no established High School athletic record, the question is mute.

Ok let me make sure I'm reading these last couple of posts correctly...So for his eligibility to begin he would have had to started school? Official practice does not begin that eligibility?