I can't stand traitors

Because he is a freshman, therefore does not have an athletic record at Coffee County, he can transfer now and be eligible immediately, without a change of address. Officially practice started on the 30th and he would have to practice yesterday, today, and tomorrow in order for the three days of practice to take effect.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all it is moot... but anyway... the thing that really makes me mad about this is... i can't remeber cc ever taking a football player away from tullahoma but this makes the third player tullahoma took from us since 2001... one of which turned out to be the best player on their team in the 03 and 04 seasons... as to someones comment about us stealing players the only transfers i can think of in recent memory are jake nunley who moved here when his dad came with coach price, michael goins who moved here from chattanooga, and blake tinsley who i believe came from florida...

Okay here is the thing. You are claiming they took a player away from Coffee County, but the truth of the matter is that Coffee County or any other school owns this kid. Every kid in this state is free to pick and choose the school he or she wants to attend.

It sounds to me like you were HOPING this kid would attend Coffee County but there is nothing that says he HAS to go there. Get over it. Tullahoma didn`t steal or take anything. The kid picked a school to attend and it was not yours.

Because he is a freshman, therefore does not have an athletic record at Coffee County, he can transfer now and be eligible immediately, without a change of address. Officially practice started on the 30th and he would have to practice yesterday, today, and tomorrow in order for the three days of practice to take effect.

Thanks Coach.

You guys are taking your high School football waaaaayyyy too seriously. You get on a public forum hidden behind a screen name and defame a 14 year-old's character? Be a big man and tell us your name.

everyone in this town knows who i am and my screen name and i am not talking about him but his parents.. he is a good kid and i like him but how do you let your son go to school with these guys his whole life, play middle school with them, practice all summer and then even take team pictures with them on saturday then go to TULLAHOMA on MONDAY

Derek is a great young man i think he has a bright future.

It's pretty low to call a freshman kid a traitor. Did you ever stop to think that he is 14 or 15 and it more than likely was not even his decision. Shows what kind of man you are for saying that about a young man.

i agree with you 100% this has got to be the dumbest post i ve ever heard of, this kid is a freshman and they the think the world has come to an end because somebody transfering to another school. and to call this kid out on transferring is absolutly crazy! dont put this kids name out there and cause problems for this guy when all he s doing is playing football as a 9 th grader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Bowles an incomming freshman at CHS has transfered to tullahoma after spending all summer working with the team and even showed up to have his picture taken with the team saturday... Bowles is a good player and the coaches had made an extra effort this summer to work with him. this is everything that is wrong with hs football and i blame the tullahoma coaching staff and the parents for this.

Bashing him on here is not going to change a thing all i can say is get over it and get ready for football season

To your remark about CC never stealing any Tullahoma kids, Why would anyone want to leave Tullahoma to goto CC. Maybe Derek found the tape of Tullahoma and Coffee Co. last year in the CC coaches office and figured he would sneak away while he could.

Nothing like a little humor to help the day along

You guys are in an uproar a year to early. He will be relegated to the Freshman team (at least until they get done anyway) and won't have a chance to take any meaningful snaps until next year. That is if he can beat out the left-handed sophomore that transferred in from Virginia (I thinK????).

And like t-town said who would leave Tullahoma to play for the Raiders anyway.

i have coached this kid off and on since he was 9 yrs. old. tullahoma is not getting what they are hoping for. he cannot handle pressure situations at all. he will not be able to handle the quarterback position now or in the future for tullahoma or anyone else. he will have a hard time beating out hagens or honea in the future for the QB spot @ tullahoma. as far as baseball is concerned, he peaked when he was about 12 yrs old.