I can't stand traitors

first of all it is moot... but anyway... the thing that really makes me mad about this is... i can't remeber cc ever taking a football player away from tullahoma but this makes the third player tullahoma took from us since 2001... one of which turned out to be the best player on their team in the 03 and 04 seasons... as to someones comment about us stealing players the only transfers i can think of in recent memory are jake nunley who moved here when his dad came with coach price, michael goins who moved here from chattanooga, and blake tinsley who i believe came from florida...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a person has no established High School athletic record, the question is mute.

Has he turned in his forms and paid the athletic fee to Coffee County as a freshman? If not, he is a free agent to go to any school allowed by law. If another school coach activity recruited him, a complaint should be filed with the TSSAA if evidence exists. Otherwise, it is a personal family matter.

This is from the tssaa handbook.

Section 14. Practice Rules.

Only students who are enrolled and in regular attendance at a school may participate in practice.

A student who engages in three or more days of practice with a school in which the student is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport for that season if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of the student's parents.

A student who engages in three or more days of off-season practice with a school in which the student is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport the following season if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of the student's parents.

The last sentence should apply. If he did participate in off season practice...his parents would have to move to be eligible. The gray area is...was he enrolled at Coffee?

Official in season practice started today. Before today would be off season practice. It just depends on whether he was enrolled. If not...he would be eligible.

Only students who are enrolled and in regular attendance at a school may participate in practice.

A student who engages in three or more days of practice with a school in which the student is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport for that season if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of the student's parents.

A student who engages in three or more days of off-season practice with a school in which the student is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport the following season if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of the student's parents.

The last sentence should apply. If he did participate in off season practice...his parents would have to move to be eligible. The gray area is...was he enrolled at Coffee?

Official in season practice started today. Before today would be off season practice. It just depends on whether he was enrolled. If not...he would be eligible.

I thought the first official day of practice was last Monday...with today being the first day in pads? He was an eighth grader and in Coffee County Middle School last year...this year's school registration day is Wednesday August 1? He participated in summer work-outs and last week's practice not in pads....I'm not sure how this will play...looks gray to me though?

I thought the first official day of practice was last Monday...with today being the first day in pads? He was an eighth grader and in Coffee County Middle School last year...this year's school registration day is Wednesday August 1? He participated in summer work-outs and last week's practice not in pads....I'm not sure how this will play...looks gray to me though?

The tssaa site lists the 1st day of football practice on July 30. I would think that is the official practice date. I would think he registered on Aug. 1 to attend Coffee. If he did...then his parents would have to move to be eligible. That's the way I see it...anyway.

The tssaa site lists the 1st day of football practice on July 30. I would think that is the official practice date. I would think he registered on Aug. 1 to attend Coffee. If he did...then his parents would have to move to be eligible. That's the way I see it...anyway.

I wasn't sure about the first day of practice....Well you see it isn't August 1 yet...Today is July 30...August 1 is Wednesday?

I wasn't sure about the first day of practice....Well you see it isn't August 1 yet...Today is July 30...August 1 is Wednesday?

Yeah...I don't know when I thought the 1st was. There is a gray area alright. One thing to consider is that if he is ineligible...he can still play in freshman or jv games.

He would only be ineligible for varsity. I would think the 3 day off season practice would come into play.

Is a freshman presumed to be enrolled at the public school for which he's zoned? I don't know exactly when schools start up there, but in years past it wasn't unusual for schols to play a game or two before the first day of school. In the case of a freshman who comes in from a middle school. It's probably not a very common issue; most freshman don't play varsity football. Still, looking back a bunch of years (mid-70's), I remember a freshman from Riverdale, Ricky Fishback, who played extensively. I don't know what grade Riverdale started at that time, but I'm sure he probably played a game or two before his freshman year started.

And if there are any Riverdale fans reading this, what happened to him? He was an incredibly gifted player, and it seems as if he just disappeared.

Derek Bowles an incomming freshman at CHS has transfered to tullahoma after spending all summer working with the team and even showed up to have his picture taken with the team saturday... Bowles is a good player and the coaches had made an extra effort this summer to work with him. this is everything that is wrong with hs football and i blame the tullahoma coaching staff and the parents for this.

And I can't stand someone that would call an incoming 9th grader a traitor. Remember, these are kids not professionals.

Derek Bowles an incomming freshman at CHS has transfered to tullahoma after spending all summer working with the team and even showed up to have his picture taken with the team saturday... Bowles is a good player and the coaches had made an extra effort this summer to work with him. this is everything that is wrong with hs football and i blame the tullahoma coaching staff and the parents for this.

You guys are taking your high School football waaaaayyyy too seriously. You get on a public forum hidden behind a screen name and defame a 14 year-old's character? Be a big man and tell us your name.