Who will win the 1A state championship?

timbdp

Not sure but know one thing its NOT GOING TO BE HAMPTON !!! GO SUNBRIGHT !

I believe you have got you're little feelings hurt the last couple of years, I like and respect Coalfield, but that statement was a little out of bounds. I don't think Hampton is the favorite to win the state, but they are deffinately one of the best. I went to practice last night and this is ,one heck of a team. GO SUNBRITE

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to rain on the Jo Byrns parade, but this is not your year. I work with a couple of the parents and they are saying that this group is not as strong as the last couple of years. Definitely playoff worthy, but won't contend for state.

You never know. I'm not about to sit here and predict a championship yet, but I won't rule out the possibility. I think we all need to wait and see how they look this year before we give them a label or predict their season.

You never know. I'm not about to sit here and predict a championship yet, but I won't rule out the possibility. I think we all need to wait and see how they look this year before we give them a label or predict their season.

I think I could narrow it down to about 8 teams ,but in my mind, there is not a clear cut favorite. The multiplier has created parity. If CPA had been in 1a last season, no one would have been in their league.

My little feelings are not hurt never were, yes Hampton has defeated the Yellow Jackets the last 2 years & were the better team both those years hands down im not arguing with u on that... & I never said Hampton was a bad team there just out matched when they hit the semis just like the Yellow Jackets so as I said Hampton will not win State .. Will it make u feel a little better if I say the Jackets wont either ? No one out of Reg. 1 or 2 will win the title wish they would but they wont ...

My little feelings are not hurt never were, yes Hampton has defeated the Yellow Jackets the last 2 years & were the better team both those years hands down im not arguing with u on that... & I never said Hampton was a bad team there just out matched when they hit the semis just like the Yellow Jackets so as I said Hampton will not win State .. Will it make u feel a little better if I say the Jackets wont either ? No one out of Reg. 1 or 2 will win the title wish they would but they wont ...

I think they are a better team than they were a year ago, Ithink they stand a pretty good chance. They just have to work hard and stay healthy.

Well Pujo believe it or not I hope your right id like to see a Reg.2 or Reg.1 team win the title ... well id be happy to see one of them in the title game weather they win or lose ... Wish u gents the best of luck until we meet again u all have a fan in Jacket Nation !!

South Pitt will definitley be a contender this year. I would be surprised to see Trousdale County very deep in the playoffs. Gordonsville will be very tough, according to the zonepirate. This year may be a very good year for South Pitt.

I would not be surprised to see TC deep in the playoffs.

FCS SHOULD be the pre-season favorites to win it. After all, no other 1A team made it to the Boro last year

So, how did FCS play in the finals if they were the only 1A team that made it to the boro? Did they play a 2A team that was also the only one to make it there? Or did they just play with themselves? (pun intended).