Who will win the 1A state championship?

timbdp

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares?.....just answer the question or bug off.

I say the winner out of the MP & JB game.....

If resent history tells us anything, whoever is standind out of regions 7 and 8 will handle either one of these two teams. I say you people are blind to whats been happening. I heard the same talk last season. The part that gets me is the games haven't even been close. If my memory serves me correctly, JCS ran away with MPand the year before Union City did the same to Jo Byrns. If either of these games had been sort of close, I might think otherwise,but thats just not been the case.

If resent history tells us anything, whoever is standind out of regions 7 and 8 will handle either one of these two teams. I say you people are blind to whats been happening. I heard the same talk last season. The part that gets me is the games haven't even been close. If my memory serves me correctly, JCS ran away with MPand the year before Union City did the same to Jo Byrns. If either of these games had been sort of close, I might think otherwise,but thats just not been the case.

You make a good point but it is football and trends do swing over time and I feel that it will in this case this year.

Who cares?.....just answer the question or bug off.

I say the winner out of the MP & JB game.....

it would seem that the State championship will be the winner of a region 4 team vs. someone from west Tennessee in the burro. Possible party crashers are of course South Pitt and Hampton out of the east braket and Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant out of the west braket.

As far as the winner of the MP and JB game, this marks the third year in a row that the winner of that game will win state so allow me to let my attention wander to other posibilities such as TCA, Mckenzie or possibly Bruceton out of the west braket.

Such an original topic that i cannot believe no one has started it before now...

If this comment is loaded with as much sarcsm as I think it is...I agree. I like to speculate as much some others, but it is a little early to me. I'm just anxious to see the JB/WTown scrimmage. And just as FCPride's other post states, this will be the 3rd year JB has a chance, but JB fans should know by now we gotta get there first. Not trying to rain on Kevin's JB parade, but then again our boys should set themselves up for a strong run again.

If this comment is loaded with as much sarcsm as I think it is...I agree. I like to speculate as much some others, but it is a little early to me. I'm just anxious to see the JB/WTown scrimmage. And just as FCPride's other post states, this will be the 3rd year JB has a chance, but JB fans should know by now we gotta get there first. Not trying to rain on Kevin's JB parade, but then again our boys should set themselves up for a strong run again.

I know some people may have me labled as a JB guy but I actually am not; as good as they were last year I felt that MP would be the team to beat them. I am however a Springfield guy so I am not far away and I do root for my county counter-part. I do believe if JB could have beaton MP last year they would have had a golden opportunity to win it all b/c I feel they matched up better w/ JCS than MP did.

it would seem that the State championship will be the winner of a region 4 team vs. someone from west Tennessee in the burro. Possible party crashers are of course South Pitt and Hampton out of the east braket and Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant out of the west braket.

As far as the winner of the MP and JB game, this marks the third year in a row that the winner of that game will win state so allow me to let my attention wander to other posibilities such as TCA, Mckenzie or possibly Bruceton out of the west braket.

That may have been said on here but, as far as news publications, MP wasn't ranked but 8 until they beat Forrest in the 1st round of the playoffs. Then when JB was ranked #1 for that week or so and we met them the talk was the winner would go to the state. Heck we had no respect until after the second round of playoffs was over. Fair wouldn't even comment on region 6 games until we beat JB. He didn't even know who Marco was, before the first round of the playoffs, and he was leading the state in rushing. All that is history and this is a new and challenging year. Good Luck.