South Pittburg - Huntland Scrimmage

zonepirate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon? Didnt Dekalb beat them last year for their only win? Zone you schedule these scrimmages? Got me wondering now. Maybe I should rethink my next choice for state.

Not me, I suggested Alcoa and Maryville .

Cannon wasn't very good last year but finding somebody to play that first week is tough. At least they are 2A . Many teams have their first games on the 24th and we scrimmage on Wed the 22nd. You guys want to take their spot on the 22nd? The projected 2007 state champs could handle 2 games in one week couldn't they ??

I was at the scrimmage as well, and I thought Huntland actually had a very good defense and QB. It seemed to me that because we had a little more depth, that we wore them down after the first few TD's. They tackled REALLY well one on one. Maybe it was just me, but our RB's seemed to not have the quickness and elusiveness they usually do. Not sure if the coach advised them to just run up the hole and not make too many cuts, or what. Then again, as I said, Huntland tackled really well in the open field.

Not me, I suggested Alcoa and Maryville .

Cannon wasn't very good last year but finding somebody to play that first week is tough. At least they are 2A . Many teams have their first games on the 24th and we scrimmage on Wed the 22nd. You guys want to take their spot on the 22nd? The projected 2007 state champs could handle 2 games in one week couldn't they ??

Sure why not. Yes we know how hard it is to find a team to play 0 week. We had us a weenie and you scared them off. Now we have to play a 3A team. 2A teams were not sure about it. They been reading your posts putting the dogs on us.

Sure why not. Yes we know how hard it is to find a team to play 0 week. We had us a weenie and you scared them off. Now we have to play a 3A team. 2A teams were not sure about it. They been reading your posts putting the dogs on us.

I forgot about that I think they are glad they backed out

I was at the scrimmage as well, and I thought Huntland actually had a very good defense and QB. It seemed to me that because we had a little more depth, that we wore them down after the first few TD's. They tackled REALLY well one on one. Maybe it was just me, but our RB's seemed to not have the quickness and elusiveness they usually do. Not sure if the coach advised them to just run up the hole and not make too many cuts, or what. Then again, as I said, Huntland tackled really well in the open field.

Most of our guys were not playing inspired football, line and backs. The JV showed more intensity. We will find out more tomorrow. They had better step it up or they will get MASHED

Old Pirate says he agrees #22 did not appear as quick,perhaps intensity not at peak level. However that is a problem that hampered the team in 2006. Old Pirate thinks the team attitude has not been established fully yet. The seniors appear to encourage effort and work habits.

The Pirates will be tough in 2007. The jasper team better secure their helmets............................

Old Pirate says he agrees #22 did not appear as quick,perhaps intensity not at peak level. However that is a problem that is a problem that hampered the team in 2006. Old Pirate thinks the team attitude has not been established fully yet. The seniors appear to encourage effort and work habits.

The Pirates will be tough in 2007. The jasper team better secure their helmets............................

Rest assured that MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL will be ready for whatever you think you can bring our way.

Rest assured that MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL will be ready for whatever you think you can bring our way.

Old Pirate says the Pirates will bring a load full of pain.... BEWARE.............. watch out for the heat from the SP burners they have enough speed to blister you... You have been warned. This team will be better than last years team... Not meaning to sound over confident,but any team better bring their A-game. The players need to stay focus and continue to work hard at getting better each day/week. The team appears to be more team goal focused.

Old Pirate wonders...............................

(1) what fence did fence jumper jump??? (Old Pirate knows of fence jumpers from SP & Whitwell & Grundy)

(2) Did fence jumper play the game???

(3) what year??