South Pittburg - Huntland Scrimmage

zonepirate

And, yes Zonepirate, Marion County High School has sent more than one student to The University of the South on Academic Scholarship and currently has an alumnus playing football out there. Not sure what point you were trying to prove with that one but it didn't work.

And that's great for them or any county kid. I think the county should have more going there. I was simply responding to Indian's post, nothing more. Maybe you should go back and read first. So what is your point except to try to put down a kid's accomplishments. I'm proud of him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Not many got letters all four years and even fewer got them in both sports. Shouldn't be too hard for you to answer you own question unless you don't know as much about SP as you claim. I would come out and tell you but seeing how SP people treat (mistreat) my fellow fence jumpers I don't want to set my children up for that. If you are a parent you will understand.

Yes. Marion County High School has produced Doctors, nurses, lawyers, politicians, military leaders, teachers, business executives and all those others that you guys have named. And, yes Zonepirate, Marion County High School has sent more than one student to The University of the South on Academic Scholarship and currently has an alumnus playing football out there. Not sure what point you were trying to prove with that one but it didn't work.

Answer yourselves one question. Why is it that you always hear of kids transferring north but never hear of one going south? Two years ago, 26 students left SP after completing Elementary school to move to JMS. Why? There was such a mass exodus that the school board had to get involved and turn people away. I know why. And deep down, you do too.

Old Pirate says yes we do know............... and it is not for reasons you are stating, since this is football season quiet possiably none would be starters on the current Pirate team... sorry MAY start as a backup.... SP has had several move down the valley and even 1 fence jumper could be called a double fence jumper........

Old Pirate says fence jumper is full of bunk...... (trying to abide by the rules here), but this cat has an over abundance of BS

True. Not many got letters all four years and even fewer got them in both sports. Shouldn't be too hard for you to answer you own question unless you don't know as much about SP as you claim. I would come out and tell you but seeing how SP people treat (mistreat) my fellow fence jumpers I don't want to set my children up for that. If you are a parent you will understand.

Yes. Marion County High School has produced Doctors, nurses, lawyers, politicians, military leaders, teachers, business executives and all those others that you guys have named. And, yes Zonepirate, Marion County High School has sent more than one student to The University of the South on Academic Scholarship and currently has an alumnus playing football out there. Not sure what point you were trying to prove with that one but it didn't work.

Answer yourselves one question. Why is it that you always hear of kids transferring north but never hear of one going south? Two years ago, 26 students left SP after completing Elementary school to move to JMS. Why? There was such a mass exodus that the school board had to get involved and turn people away. I know why. And deep down, you do too.

You missed the point. Most every school has distinguished alumni like in the positions listed, including Marion, and most every school has many who haven't done much of anything that's positive (plus dropouts, many who are struggling). I'd say many of the teachers, administrators in the Marion schools went to the same colleges, they have the same requirements to earn degrees and they're held to the same state standards. I'd also guess the teaching staff switches around from time to time, mostly to fill positions after retirements, etc. Without knowing each student at all three schools, I'd say SP has a higher percentage of lower income, single-parent households, and that has a direct effect on academic performance no matter the school. That's not saying kids from those homes can't succeed but compared to more traditional, successful homes, it's at a lesser rate. That's the apples and oranges I was talking about.

You missed the point. Most every school has distinguished alumni like in the positions listed, including Marion, and most every school has many who haven't done much of anything that's positive (plus dropouts, many who are struggling). I'd say many of the teachers, administrators in the Marion schools went to the same colleges, they have the same requirements to earn degrees and they're held to the same state standards. I'd also guess the teaching staff switches around from time to time, mostly to fill positions after retirements, etc. Without knowing each student at all three schools, I'd say SP has a higher percentage of lower income, single-parent households, and that has a direct effect on academic performance no matter the school. That's not saying kids from those homes can't succeed but compared to more traditional, successful homes, it's at a lesser rate. That's the apples and oranges I was talking about.

Old Pirate says some truth here with project housing, however a lot of kids are honor roll and many are good students. SP could benefit from a middle school, quiet possibly may be the next building project for SP after the completion of our new gym.

I wish both SP and Jasper posters would drop this fencejumper stuff. Some of this trash being posted is just embarasing to both towns. As far as im concerned people are fencejumpers for one year only. After that there just another family going to a different school. For the tgood of both towns cant we all just get along and go back to hating each other for one single night each year. Good luck to both teams this year. I really hope the players for both teams enjoy the rivalry and show some respect for each other. One last thing, Ive stopped drinking water. thanks for nothing.

I wish both SP and Jasper posters would drop this fencejumper stuff. Some of this trash being posted is just embarasing to both towns. As far as im concerned people are fencejumpers for one year only. After that there just another family going to a different school. For the tgood of both towns cant we all just get along and go back to hating each other for one single night each year. Good luck to both teams this year. I really hope the players for both teams enjoy the rivalry and show some respect for each other. One last thing, Ive stopped drinking water. thanks for nothing.

Good post.

I bet bottled water stock just went up