South Pittburg - Huntland Scrimmage

zonepirate

ZonePirate knows which fence I jumped and why. Ask him.

Yes.

Mid 1970's

Old Pirate asks Zone Pirate to help out with the reason this fence jumper jumped....

Old Pirate says the other side looks greener sometimes..............

but once you jump that fence, you find out that a sewer runs thru it

Old Pirate says it is RARE a fence jumper who EARNED a Letter at SP will talk trash about their alma mater

Old Pirate says perhaps NOT earning a letter may be the reason for fence jumping.

Old Pirate knows a lot of former lettermen that have made the move up the valley for various reasons but unaware of any talking trash

Zone Pirate help us out here if you can...............................

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate asks Zone Pirate to help out with the reason this fence jumper jumped....

Old Pirate says the other side looks greener sometimes..............

but once you jump that fence, you find out that a sewer runs thru it

Old Pirate says it is RARE a fence jumper who EARNED a Letter at SP will talk trash about their alma mater

Old Pirate says perhaps NOT earning a letter may be the reason for fence jumping.

Old Pirate knows a lot of former lettermen that have made the move up the valley for various reasons but unaware of any talking trash

Zone Pirate help us out here if you can...............................

At least now my grass is green and it's not because of a sewer. My sewer dumps into the TN River just a bit upstream from where SP draws your drinking water. Think about that the next time you get a cold refreshing drink.

The 8 letters I earned (four years football and basketball) do not define me. Providing my children with better opportunities defines me.

Not trash talking. Just standing up for MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL.

At least now my grass is green and it's not because of a sewer. My sewer dumps into the TN River just a bit upstream from where SP draws your drinking water. Think about that the next time you get a cold refreshing drink.

The 8 letters I earned (four years football and basketball) do not define me. Providing my children with better opportunities defines me.

That is a stereotype that everyone has. "Marion County High School" provides no more educational opportunities than South Pittsburg High School. My sewer dumps into the TN River close to Moccasin Bend so think about that next time you feel that lump in your throat. If you are talking about better athletic opportunities then let's think about it. A better baseball opportunity does currently exist at Marion County, but part of that is they have a very good selection of talent from the surrounding areas. I can't say that a better basketball opportunity exists at Marion County. SP and MC are neither one where they need to be in basketball. Let's talk softball. How many times has MC's softball team played in the Spring Fling? Have the Weekly's left the University of Tennessee and moved to Jasper? Is that the difference maker? What about track? Does "Marion County" even have a track team? As for football, we don't even need to go there because everyone knows the answer to that one. At ONE TIME MC's program was great, but that is in the ancient past. Ok, ok, you got me. I know what it is. The Pride of The Valley Marching Band may have an edge. If your kids go there for the band then have at it Big Guy.

That is a stereotype that everyone has. "Marion County High School" provides no more educational opportunities than South Pittsburg High School. My sewer dumps into the TN River close to Moccasin Bend so think about that next time you feel that lump in your throat. If you are talking about better athletic opportunities then let's think about it. A better baseball opportunity does currently exist at Marion County, but part of that is they have a very good selection of talent from the surrounding areas. I can't say that a better basketball opportunity exists at Marion County. SP and MC are neither one where they need to be in basketball. Let's talk softball. How many times has MC's softball team played in the Spring Fling? Have the Weekly's left the University of Tennessee and moved to Jasper? Is that the difference maker? What about track? Does "Marion County" even have a track team? As for football, we don't even need to go there because everyone knows the answer to that one. At ONE TIME MC's program was great, but that is in the ancient past. Ok, ok, you got me. I know what it is. The Pride of The Valley Marching Band may have an edge. If your kids go there for the band then have at it Big Guy.

Old Pirates says, that-a boy...................... make that fence jumper sound stupid......................or at the very least mis-guided,

Comparing schools, unless the socio-economic make-up is almost virtually alike, is apples and oranges. It would be nice if it wasn't, but it's a fact of life. A student can make something of him or herself from virtually any school and I'm sure South Pittsburg is one of those.

Well said Indian. We have a player with a 4.0 GPA that is being recruited by The University of The South. How many schools can say that? He is a fine young man with one of the best attitudes I have ever seen in a HS kid. I hope my son learns a lot from him in the next two years. Unfortunately too many people will judge him in other ways.

Old Pirate says, Blow smoke up someone elses trousers................. There have been very few earn (4) letters in football and basketball at SP.......... and "certainly" NOT in the mid 70's...., SP did NOT give letters to everyone on the team,water boys included until much later........................................

so toot that crack pipe in another direction....... Old Pirate says fence jumper is full of bunk......... let us all know when those kids get accepted to Harvard for the schooling they receive at jasper.............

Old Pirate says he does NOT know a doctor produced from that school................. but Old Pirate admits possibly,

that may not be the case. Perhaps fence jumper can assist............... suggests starting thread for it..........

Well said Indian. We have a player with a 4.0 GPA that is being recruited by The University of The South. How many schools can say that? He is a fine young man with one of the best attitudes I have ever seen in a HS kid. I hope my son learns a lot from him in the next two years. Unfortunately too many people will judge him in other ways.

I guess if the school had better academics, since we read on here they're horrible, he'd have a 10.0 on a 4.0 scale. This was from a post on the public-private board once, and yes we're well off the Huntland topic, but the school in Dunlap has produced doctors, lawyers, judges, engineers, service academy graduates, clergy, coaches, police officers, business owners, a ton of military including officers, at least one commercial pilot, teachers and countless other successful graduates. South Pittsburg probably has its fair share of the same, including Sequatchie's asst. superintendent. Most of the well-respected positions in town, county executive, city mayor, school superintendent, county attorney, sheriff, several others, are filled by local graduates. There is a new article in the TFP showing how well the county and city are doing, it can speak for itself. There have also been way too many that have served time, are continuing to do so, or generally just aren't being productive. There was a situation recently where a parent apparently did not even know it was registration day, and a pair of very young children got out of bed on their own, got ready and went to school. Not sure if the parent has lived here but it's an example of what can be found, for sure. You get all types, at Sequatchie, South Pittsburg and yes in Jasper, and like it was said, each individual can make the most of their opportunity, or waste it. And that's not counting those who live in such communities and choose to go to a private school, not turning this into a debate but clearly having more of those type students would raise test scores, college participation, etc, and over the years would probably result in a higher percentage of successful alumni.

I guess if the school had better academics, since we read on here they're horrible, he'd have a 10.0 on a 4.0 scale. This was from a post on the public-private board once, and yes we're well off the Huntland topic, but the school in Dunlap has produced doctors, lawyers, judges, engineers, service academy graduates, clergy, coaches, police officers, business owners, a ton of military including officers, at least one commercial pilot, teachers and countless other successful graduates. South Pittsburg probably has its fair share of the same, including Sequatchie's asst. superintendent. Most of the well-respected positions in town, county executive, city mayor, school superintendent, county attorney, sheriff, several others, are filled by local graduates. There is a new article in the TFP showing how well the county and city are doing, it can speak for itself. There have also been way too many that have served time, are continuing to do so, or generally just aren't being productive. There was a situation recently where a parent apparently did not even know it was registration day, and a pair of very young children got out of bed on their own, got ready and went to school. Not sure if the parent has lived here but it's an example of what can be found, for sure. You get all types, at Sequatchie, South Pittsburg and yes in Jasper, and like it was said, each individual can make the most of their opportunity, or waste it. And that's not counting those who live in such communities and choose to go to a private school, not turning this into a debate but clearly having more of those type students would raise test scores, college participation, etc, and over the years would probably result in a higher percentage of successful alumni.

Old Pirate says "Good JOB" and well said. It makes most sick to here those jasper posters brag (falsely) about academic superiority and put down the kids AND teachers at SP.

Old Pirate had family attend and teach at all three county schools and all have done very well in the professional world. SP posters hopefully will continue to take the high road.

Old Pirate says the Pirates have shown improvement and are working hard.

Pirate fans should turn out in force to support these kids, they will make you proud.....................

Old Pirate says, Blow smoke up someone elses trousers................. There have been very few earn (4) letters in football and basketball at SP.......... and "certainly" NOT in the mid 70's...., SP did NOT give letters to everyone on the team,water boys included until much later........................................

so toot that crack pipe in another direction....... Old Pirate says fence jumper is full of bunk......... let us all know when those kids get accepted to Harvard for the schooling they receive at jasper.............

Old Pirate says he does NOT know a doctor produced from that school................. but Old Pirate admits possibly,

that may not be the case. Perhaps fence jumper can assist............... suggests starting thread for it..........

True. Not many got letters all four years and even fewer got them in both sports. Shouldn't be too hard for you to answer you own question unless you don't know as much about SP as you claim. I would come out and tell you but seeing how SP people treat (mistreat) my fellow fence jumpers I don't want to set my children up for that. If you are a parent you will understand.

Yes. Marion County High School has produced Doctors, nurses, lawyers, politicians, military leaders, teachers, business executives and all those others that you guys have named. And, yes Zonepirate, Marion County High School has sent more than one student to The University of the South on Academic Scholarship and currently has an alumnus playing football out there. Not sure what point you were trying to prove with that one but it didn't work.

Answer yourselves one question. Why is it that you always hear of kids transferring north but never hear of one going south? Two years ago, 26 students left SP after completing Elementary school to move to JMS. Why? There was such a mass exodus that the school board had to get involved and turn people away. I know why. And deep down, you do too.

Answer yourselves one question. Why is it that you always hear of kids transferring north but never hear of one going south? Two years ago, 26 students left SP after completing Elementary school to move to JMS. Why? There was such a mass exodus that the school board had to get involved and turn people away. I know why. And deep down, you do too.

Actually this year quite a few kids are coming to SP from Jasper. Many of them have never attended SP before and live in Jasper. There is one who transfered that is a senior and had never gone to SP before. Seems to me there are are things people don't like about Jasper right now. People have many reasons for changing schools and it isn't always academic. And deep down do you know that is true.

If they went to Jasper Middle it wasn't for better academics. Jasper Middle has been struggling to get their scores up. I hope all schools in the county continue to get better. None are where they need to be. That's what you need to be worring about instead of which school got higher score on this or that. Pretty silly if you ask me.

I also notice you didn't take up my offer to discuss this via private email. It's obvious you have an agenda