Fulton-Bearden Scrimmage

ruse?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please explain why this was a "no go" this afternoon? Thanks.

ruse?

Hey Ruse .. I was out West and was goona run a couple errands and then go over to the scrimmage at Bearden ..it rained so hard at Cedar Bluff it was flooding ... Fulton buses came down to Bearden about 6:45 ... but fields were soaked .. Fulton turned around and started back to Fulton ..it never rained at Fulton and when they got back it was still dry .. they tried to call Bearden to see if they wanted to come to Fulton but couldnt get ahold of them so Fulton just lined up and went at it hard full speed at each other .. it was the only option at that point ... Fulton now goes to North Carolina next Friday to scrimmage Pisgah in some kinda thing they have over there .. heard they sell tickets to it and are expecting about 3,000 fans .....

Hey Ruse .. I was out West and was goona run a couple errands and then go over to the scrimmage at Bearden ..it rained so hard at Cedar Bluff it was flooding ... Fulton buses came down to Bearden about 6:45 ... but fields were soaked .. Fulton turned around and started back to Fulton ..it never rained at Fulton and when they got back it was still dry .. they tried to call Bearden to see if they wanted to come to Fulton but couldnt get ahold of them so Fulton just lined up and went at it hard full speed at each other .. it was the only option at that point ... Fulton now goes to North Carolina next Friday to scrimmage Pisgah in some kinda thing they have over there .. heard they sell tickets to it and are expecting about 3,000 fans .....

Hey Tadvols.

Thanks. I was originally headed to OR, but radar looked bad, so I headed west. Got to Bearden about 6:30, and it was raining/lightning/thundering hard. That lower practice field did look bad, but the game field did not. I'll bet Coatney was not pleased about spending $ on transport,etc. That field would have had plenty of time to heal. Too bad for the kids. Kept going west, and saw Powell @ Catholic. Should have gone to OR/Maryville.

ruse?

Cedar Bluff wasn't too bad. Catholic played against Powell starting around 7:00. They should have given it a little more time. I would have hated to spend $300-400 on buses and didn't play because someone didn't want to mess up their field.

I hope more than 3000 show up for the Border Bash at PHS. I had to look a little while before I found this site. Our paper up here has been putting little sections about Fulton comming to Canton to scrimmage since about May, so I decided to find a forum to post in. Usual crowds at home games are always above 5000, and rivalry games (Tuscola from Waynesville, and Brevard from Brevard) ususally surpass 10000. The lowest attendance to a PHS-THS game in recent memory was 10,200. In the 2AA Western Finals last season Pisgah played defending champs Shelby in Canton, the crowd was 15 people deep around the fences and estimated at 14,000. Our town loves football and inviting a great team to come in is great for us, and is a great way to kick off a new season. I have heard nothing but good things about Fulton High, and I hope anyone who decides to make the drive has a safe and enjoyable time at Pisgah Memorial Stadium.

Hey Tadvols.

Thanks. I was originally headed to OR, but radar looked bad, so I headed west. Got to Bearden about 6:30, and it was raining/lightning/thundering hard. That lower practice field did look bad, but the game field did not. I'll bet Coatney was not pleased about spending $ on transport,etc. That field would have had plenty of time to heal. Too bad for the kids. Kept going west, and saw Powell @ Catholic. Should have gone to OR/Maryville.

ruse?

I talked with the coaches after they got back .. they just wished they had known it didnt rain a drop at Fulton and maybe they could have gotten Bearden to come then .. I cant believe they played at Catholic .. I was at mcDonalds on Cedar Bluff about 6:30 and it was bad ... flooded streets etc .... it poured down ... what was your thought on Catholic ???

I talked with the coaches after they got back .. they just wished they had known it didnt rain a drop at Fulton and maybe they could have gotten Bearden to come then .. I cant believe they played at Catholic .. I was at mcDonalds on Cedar Bluff about 6:30 and it was bad ... flooded streets etc .... it poured down ... what was your thought on Catholic ???

Tadvols.

I got to Catholic about 7:00, lots of water, but light rain @ that point. Only stayed for about an hour. Not much new to say on Catholic. Big, fast, physical. Typical Pemberton team.

ruse?

I would have been very upset if I had taken a bus all the way to Bearden and the field seemed playable.

Leonard.

That field was playable. It would have been nicked up, but not very much so. It surely would have been ready for the irst soccer game:)

ruse?