Cascade, Collinwood, TCA scrimmage feedback

The scrimmage was set up to where each team ran a set number of offensive plays each time and the units rotated in and out on offense and defense. I think they were each running about 12 plays on offense, but I'm not sure if that is correct. We were able to score touchdowns on both C'wood and TCA in each of our first 4 positions on offense and scored two touchdowns against TCA on one position. We only gave up one field goal to TCA in the first 4 or 5 turns on defense and no score by C-wood. I think their first team did eventually push one over after Armstrong came out of the scrimmage.

I was very excited to see us move the ball so easily against two great teams. Our running game looked really good behind a solid line other than one ill-advised pass, Carkuff looked excellent! It is going to be an exciting year in Wartrace for football again this year.

TCA has some huge lineman and an exceptional QB. They will be tough this year. C-wood is very well coached and with some experience will have a say in what happens over in region 6. Obviously I'm biased, so I'd like to hear from some other CoachT people who were at the scrimmage and hear their take on it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage was set up to where each team ran a set number of offensive plays each time and the units rotated in and out on offense and defense. I think they were each running about 12 plays on offense, but I'm not sure if that is correct. We were able to score touchdowns on both C'wood and TCA in each of our first 4 positions on offense and scored two touchdowns against TCA on one position. We only gave up one field goal to TCA in the first 4 or 5 turns on defense and no score by C-wood. I think their first team did eventually push one over after Armstrong came out of the scrimmage.

I was very excited to see us move the ball so easily against two great teams. Our running game looked really good behind a solid line other than one ill-advised pass, Carkuff looked excellent! It is going to be an exciting year in Wartrace for football again this year.

TCA has some huge lineman and an exceptional QB. They will be tough this year. C-wood is very well coached and with some experience will have a say in what happens over in region 6. Obviously I'm biased, so I'd like to hear from some other CoachT people who were at the scrimmage and hear their take on it.

Sounds like the most dominating team was cascade.

It went well for all teams. Looks like some improvement to be made by all teams before the season starts. Not sure how many scores were made but Cascade made the most. Looks like they were the best team there and had the most things together. Trinity looked like a good team but wasn't what I'd call a very impressive team. They have some good offensive players that will make an impact. They will have a good season. The Trojans moved the ball good but didn't get into the end zone but once I think. Their defense will have a good season and their offense won't be bad when they start clicking and getting into the end zone. I have some pictures from the scrimmage on the Trojans web site.

Collinwood Trojans

Each team had 10 off. plays to score from the 20. No game situation at all during the scrimmage. Cascade beat TCA 7-3 and TCA tied Collinwood 0-0. The best Defence by far was TCA... offence Cascade... but watch out for Collinwood... they have alot of talent and good coaching. Its hard to say alot about the score of the games b/c there was no game situation. Overall a good experiance for the teams to meet and play.

Each team had 10 off. plays to score from the 20. No game situation at all during the scrimmage. Cascade beat TCA 7-3 and TCA tied Collinwood 0-0. The best Defence by far was TCA... offence Cascade... but watch out for Collinwood... they have alot of talent and good coaching. Its hard to say alot about the score of the games b/c there was no game situation. Overall a good experiance for the teams to meet and play.

The one touchdown that TCA gave up to Cascade was a short pass that went for a 45 yd. touchdown. Other than that Cascade moved it the farthest on TCA.

The one touchdown that TCA gave up to Cascade was a short pass that went for a 45 yd. touchdown. Other than that Cascade moved it the farthest on TCA.

I don't know what scrimmage you were watching, but Cascade scored two touchdowns on TCA in one position and scored on two other possessions. Carkuff hit Happy Johnson on one play where the ball was in the air for 45 yards. I've got the game film if you need your memory refreshed. I sat with a couple of MP fans who were at the scrimmage who felt Cascade dominated as well. I realize that it was not a "game type situation, but I was referring to the number of times each team found the endzone within there alloted number of plays per possession. At any rate, like you said, it was just a scrimmage and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I just thought your take on the scoring was funny.

It went well for all teams. Looks like some improvement to be made by all teams before the season starts. Not sure how many scores were made but Cascade made the most. Looks like they were the best team there and had the most things together. Trinity looked like a good team but wasn't what I'd call a very impressive team. They have some good offensive players that will make an impact. They will have a good season. The Trojans moved the ball good but didn't get into the end zone but once I think. Their defense will have a good season and their offense won't be bad when they start clicking and getting into the end zone. I have some pictures from the scrimmage on the Trojans web site.

Collinwood Trojans

I am just curious; there was a QB at CW a few years ago that was really good running and throwing the ball and I cannot remember his name. I was just wondering if he is playing college ball right now and where.

I don't know what scrimmage you were watching, but Cascade scored two touchdowns on TCA in one position and scored on two other possessions. Carkuff hit Happy Johnson on one play where the ball was in the air for 45 yards. I've got the game film if you need your memory refreshed. I sat with a couple of MP fans who were at the scrimmage who felt Cascade dominated as well. I realize that it was not a "game type situation, but I was referring to the number of times each team found the endzone within there alloted number of plays per possession. At any rate, like you said, it was just a scrimmage and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I just thought your take on the scoring was funny.

yea kotj shame on u for even speakin about cascade.....

yea kotj shame on u for even speakin about cascade.....

Its not about speaking about Cascade. Its about knwoing what your talking about. Either way everyone is going to have a different opinion and some may or may not be biased. Either way good luck to both regions this year. Hopefully someone out of these regions will represent at state this year and win it. Next Friday Cascade will scrimmage MTP. That should be a huge measuring stick for Cascade as to how they match up with MTP. Hope every team stays healthy and works hard to get better before the season starts.

Go Champs

I am just curious; there was a QB at CW a few years ago that was really good running and throwing the ball and I cannot remember his name. I was just wondering if he is playing college ball right now and where.

Would you be talking about Jonathan Ward? He got a scholarship with MTSU but due to some injuries didn't play his first season then gave up his scholarship before the next and never played.