How good is Liberty?

Macnarry

Liberty is one of several teams that will have a new head coach this season. How good will they be and how will they do in their new region?

The school must have a lot of great athletes considering the success of their basketball team. If the football coach can get some of those athletes playing, LHS could have a really good program.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty is one of several teams that will have a new head coach this season. How good will they be and how will they do in their new region?

The school must have a lot of great athletes considering the success of their basketball team. If the football coach can get some of those athletes playing, LHS could have a really good program.

You will likely get more hits on the 4A-5A-DII part of the football site now that they are in region 7-4A.

McKenzie Rebels 1A team beat em up pretty bad on Friday. It was like 49 to 20 in a scrimmage.

It was actually about 5-3 touchdowns with the first team in. The offense did okay with the new system stopping themselves on three drives with turnovers. The defense was what did not look good. They looked undisciplinedand were more worried about some "extracurricular" activities than playing. Expect Liberty to get better and better as the coach has more time with them. The offense had at least 20 plays of 15 yards or more. They have to learn to keep hold of the ball and score every time and the defense has to play with discipline. Liberty is scrimmading McNairy Monday evening, so look for changes.

7 on 7 is fun to watch but means very little.

I saw some of the Liberty/McKenzie scrimmage and I thought crusader's assessment was pretty spot on. Liberty did nothing but run the ball when I was there and McKenzie could do nothing to stop them. They did have issues defensively...I saw Carr beat them deep a few times (that kid has an arm).

I think you'll see them come on very strong in the second half of the season once Hoofkin gets his systems in place.

I think the QB job is still up in the air. I know there is a sophmore thats going be pretty good don't know if he will get the job this year. Liberty might not win to many games this year or next but they'll get there. There isn't to many teams that moves up a class in just 5 seasons of football and wins. Alot of teams go years in the same class before they start winning period. So beat them now before the table is turned. GO CRUSADERS....

I think the QB job is still up in the air. I know there is a sophmore thats going be pretty good don't know if he will get the job this year. Liberty might not win to many games this year or next but they'll get there. There isn't to many teams that moves up a class in just 5 seasons of football and wins. Alot of teams go years in the same class before they start winning period. So beat them now before the table is turned. GO CRUSADERS....

No matter how the table is set...turned...or covered...JCM PREVAILS!!!!! I AM THE PREVAILING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to stop them? Several 4th down turn overs, causing fumbles interceptions. Same Game?

If you'd bother reading my entire post, you'll note I said I saw SOME of the scrimmage. And when I was there, Liberty was busting off 15-20 yards per clip two out of three plays with both team's first sqauds in.