CASCADE vs. MP (friday scrimmage)

Don't get too excited yet there Wholder. Lawrence County was a 2-8 team last year with one of those wins over a terrible Shelbyville team that didn't even come close to winning a game last season. Hopefully our boys will provide a better measuring stick for you. Will this be your third scrimmage already this season?

Lawrence Co may have been 2-8 last year but are they not 4-A? That's still a tiny bit impressive in my book. Yes, Cascade will be our 3rd scrimmage. We have already scrimmaged Cannon Co (2-A and horrible record last year, I already know that) and Lawrence Co.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would certainly say that MTP is the favorite in this scrimmage being they have Marco and they also have not lost a region game in two or three years I dont know the exact amount of years though. I also believe this will be a huge indicator of how well Cascade has come so far this summer and possibly what to look forward to this season and post season. I truly believe that two of the four following teams will meet this year in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Cascade, MTP, Jo Byrns, & Collinwood. Im sure this will help both teams especially Cascade to see how they measure up to MTP and what they need to work on. I am certainly impressed with the teams Cascade schedules for scrimmages each summer. You can only get better by playing the best teams. Good luck to both teams Friday and hopefully both teams will walk away uninjured.

Go Champs

MP travels to Cascade for a scrimmage Friday afternoon. This should be a good one to watch. The Tennessean picked these teams to win their respective regions, so expectations are high for both teams.

I know our guys are looking forward to seeing one of the best talents (Marco) in 1A ball the last two years and we will be able to tell where are weaknesses are. We will also get a look at what should be one of the powers in 1A football this season. I'm looking forward to it! I love this time of year.

You probably won't see him much. MP coach will probably pull him after a couple of series. I know I would. One injury, God forbid, could ruin a dream season. You can tell some from a scrimmage, but not much. Containing him for 4 quarters is much different that containing him for 3-5 series. Let me know how 1st string vs. 1st string comes out though.

You probably won't see him much. MP coach will probably pull him after a couple of series. I know I would. One injury, God forbid, could ruin a dream season. You can tell some from a scrimmage, but not much. Containing him for 4 quarters is much different that containing him for 3-5 series. Let me know how 1st string vs. 1st string comes out though.

Like I stated before.

I wouldn't be too excited to be thinking mTp's best will play for long. Coach already knows what he's got in Marco playing QB and the rest of the starters. I would venture to say you see a lot of David Brown in as QB, after all David is a Junior this year and coach needs him better for next year. Playing a good team like Cascade will be a good experience for him and others that needs the experience.

So relax folks, the tone of this thread is beginning to feel like it's going to be regular season game. It's a scrimmage, few series with the starters then it's a JV game from there on. The only thing really to gage or measure is how next years team might look.

Now if JB was involved in this scrimmage, I'm sure they would dominate everyone.....

You may call this a jab but JB has never dominated mTp nor had mTp dominated JB. Last years game was 2 points and the year before was 1 point. Now it can be said that JB had dominated Cascade though. 20 points last year and 35 the year before that. I would have to say that is being dominated.

I will go out on a limb and say this, if mTp plays Cascade like they did Lawrence County it will be no hope. If they don't then it will be a good game. I may eat my wods there but mTp should play Cascade better than TCA or Collinwood did last week.

You may call this a jab but JB has never dominated mTp nor had mTp dominated JB. Last years game was 2 points and the year before was 1 point. Now it can be said that JB had dominated Cascade though. 20 points last year and 35 the year before that. I would have to say that is being dominated.

I will go out on a limb and say this, if mTp plays Cascade like they did Lawrence County it will be no hope. If they don't then it will be a good game. I may eat my wods there but mTp should play Cascade better than TCA or Collinwood did last week.

Here I was taking a little shot at Moto with that statement and you turn it around to bashing contest on Cascade. It's on like Donkey Kong Now!!.......Better tighten that chin Strap up when you come over and visit me tonight!!......

Here I was taking a little shot at Moto with that statement and you turn it around to bashing contest on Cascade. It's on like Donkey Kong Now!!.......Better tighten that chin Strap up when you come over and visit me tonight!!......

Alright, now we've got a game. I like it!

I thought that was a shot at JB not MP. Either way I just want to see a good injury free scrimmage, well actually I want to see a game but that's not for another couple of weeks. I can't concentrate now in anticipation. I may explode before it gets here.

Only against cascade; JB has never dominated MP. I hope you guys do well. I just haven't seen you guys beat anybody that was really good yet. I was very impressed with the outcome of the C'wood/TCA scrimmage. It was my understanding that TCA was the team to beat out of 7 & 8 and it sound like you guys took care of them. So yes, I don't have much faith in the champs right now but I'll say this...if cascade holds their own against MP then I'll have a lot more faith in them than I have had in the past.

Bruceton is the team to beat out of 7 & 8.