CASCADE vs. MP (friday scrimmage)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Th varsity score was Cascade 3, MP 1. Cascade scored on a run by Cory Phillips and pass receptions by Ryan Morton and Happy Johnson. MP scored on a pass from Marco to a receiver whom I do not know.

The JV score was Cascade 3, MP 2. Cascade scored on 2 runs by Nick Batts and a run by Timo Murray. Sorry, but I do not know the names of the MP players that scored.

On this night, Cascade appeared to consistently win the battle at the line-of-scrimmage on both sides of the ball. However, both teams had stretches where they looked fanatastic and both had stretches were they looked like it was the second week in pads. Overall, the scrimmage was highly competitive and both teams really got after each other. Both teams played hard, clean football and the fans in attendance saw two of the elite teams in the 1A this year. There were no major injuries on either side that I could see, and there seemed to be no heat related issues with any of the players.

Speaking of fans, there were hundreds of fans in attendance for a game played on the Cascade practice field with no seating available. Many years ago, the crowd tonight would have been considered a decent crowd for a regular season game in Wartrace. I am sure the coaches and players all appreciate your support for the program.

One side note. If you have never seen Marco Dailey run the football, you have missed something very special indeed. This young man is an amazing athlete, and while I have never met him, I have heard that he is an even better person.

Good luck to Mt Pleasant for the remainder of the year. I would love to think that we will see each other again in November, but we both have a lot of hurdles to clear before then. It is always good to match up with our old 6-1A friends, and seeing Coach Smith and the Tigers again tonight was no exception. Once again, Good luck to Mt Pleasant and thanks for a great show tonight in Wartrace.

Th varsity score was Cascade 3, MP 1. Cascade scored on a run by Cory Phillips and pass receptions by Ryan Morton and Happy Johnson. MP scored on a pass from Marco to a receiver whom I do not know.

The JV score was Cascade 3, MP 2. Cascade scored on 2 runs by Nick Batts and a run by Timo Murray. Sorry, but I do not know the names of the MP players that scored.

On this night, Cascade appeared to consistently win the battle at the line-of-scrimmage on both sides of the ball. However, both teams had stretches where they looked fanatastic and both had stretches were they looked like it was the second week in pads. Overall, the scrimmage was highly competitive and both teams really got after each other. Both teams played hard, clean football and the fans in attendance saw two of the elite teams in the 1A this year. There were no major injuries on either side that I could see, and there seemed to be no heat related issues with any of the players.

Speaking of fans, there were hundreds of fans in attendance for a game played on the Cascade practice field with no seating available. Many years ago, the crowd tonight would have been considered a decent crowd for a regular season game in Wartrace. I am sure the coaches and players all appreciate your support for the program.

One side note. If you have never seen Marco Dailey run the football, you have missed something very special indeed. This young man is an amazing athlete, and while I have never met him, I have heard that he is an even better person.

Good luck to Mt Pleasant for the remainder of the year. I would love to think that we will see each other again in November, but we both have a lot of hurdles to clear before then. It is always good to match up with our old 6-1A friends, and seeing Coach Smith and the Tigers again tonight was no exception. Once again, Good luck to Mt Pleasant and thanks for a great show tonight in Wartrace.

......good post.

Good post. That is pretty much the way I also saw the scrimmage. I watched most of the scrimmage through the camera screen since I was filming for coach, but WHOLDER was standing beside me for most of the scrimmage and seemed to be pretty impressed with our team. Daily is the real deal, and if you don't wrap him up, he's going to hurt you. He threw a couple of good passes that should of been caught that would of given MP another score, but overall, I thought our defense did good considering we had two middle lineman and a linebacker that will be starting and were not playing. I've got high expectations for our team this season and getting the best of three great programs this early has done nothing to change that. We may fall short of our goals this season, but if so, it want be from lack of talent. Great job last night by both teams and I also would like to wish MP good luck this season. With a little luck, hopefully we will be seeing you guys again this season.

GreenMan will be there..........Camcorder in hand.................lol

This will be a real test for the Tigers. The Cascade defense seems to do a good job of containing on the ends, of course if they do that look for Smith to run Marco 45 times up the gut. QB draw, y'all.

Greenman, were you able to make it to the scrimmage? I think Marco got most of his yardage on busted pass plays. The biggest plays I remember him making came when he rolled out for a called pass and had to tuck it and run after not finding an open receiver. We will have to do a better job of containing a player like him in the future but I'm sure several people have said that about him...

Greenman, were you able to make it to the scrimmage? I think Marco got most of his yardage on busted pass plays. The biggest plays I remember him making came when he rolled out for a called pass and had to tuck it and run after not finding an open receiver. We will have to do a better job of containing a player like him in the future but I'm sure several people have said that about him...

From what I hear MP threw the ball a ton. Must have been working on pass offense. Second, did they not play on a regulation football field? Someone said it was in a field behind the stadium next to a building.