CASCADE vs. MP (friday scrimmage)

From what I hear MP threw the ball a ton. Must have been working on pass offense. Second, did they not play on a regulation football field? Someone said it was in a field behind the stadium next to a building.

Oh come on..............its just a scrimmage.

With Marco at QB, why the heck would coach practice passing in a much awaited and hyped pre-season scrimmage. I guarantee Walt is too competitive to do that.

Im just picking at you. At Collinwood our coaches work on the things they question the most, Ive seen Coach Statom run the same play three or four times in a row to give the players the opportunity to see what they arent doing right.. I see some coaches that go into 10 play scrimmages and run the same play, with the same back, three or four times, when its working. Some coaches dont coach as much as they just call plays.

I didnt get to make the JOURNEY to Wartrace, but it looks like I missed a good workout for both teams.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear MP threw the ball a ton. Must have been working on pass offense. Second, did they not play on a regulation football field? Someone said it was in a field behind the stadium next to a building.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like they ran it much. They might trying to get passing game ready for Lewis Co., so they can mix it up and keep that D off balance. I'm biased, but I think MP would handle Cascade in a real game. it's one thing to contain a team like MP with game breakers like Marco and Clifton for 5 series or so. It's another thing to contain them for 4 quarters. Also, I don't MP think should get away from what the do best: Marco right, Macro left, Marco up the middle. It may be one dimensional, but he's more a threat running than anything else they could possibly do. MP pass defense has always been suspect. It doesn't surprise me that Cascade threw on them.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like they ran it much. They might trying to get passing game ready for Lewis Co., so they can mix it up and keep that D off balance. I'm biased, but I think MP would handle Cascade in a real game. it's one thing to contain a team like MP with game breakers like Marco and Clifton for 5 series or so. It's another thing to contain them for 4 quarters. Also, I don't MP think should get away from what the do best: Marco right, Macro left, Marco up the middle. It may be one dimensional, but he's more a threat running than anything else they could possibly do. MP pass defense has always been suspect. It doesn't surprise me that Cascade threw on them.

I will agree with one thing you said...."you are biased". I think if you were there you wouldn't be so sure MP would "handle" Cascade. I think an unbiased observer would tell you that MP would have their hands full against Cascade in a "real game", two-hand touch, 10 play scrimmage, or anything else you want to line up and play. You are totally wrong on Marco left, Marco right, and Marco up the middle. That isn't going to work against a solid defense. We had two or our best lineman out, and your starters were having a tough time keeping or second team replacements out of the backfield. Your Coach is wise in trying to balance his offense by having Marco throw the ball. It isn't his fault several of the other kids were dropping passes. I always enjoy peoples take on what probably would of happened when they didn't even see the scrimmage, so go ahead and amuse yourself.

Oh by the way, I think the MP fans that were there, will tell you that Cascade has as many "game breakers" as you'll see this season in a game. Good luck this year.

I will agree with one thing you said...."you are biased". I think if you were there you wouldn't be so sure MP would "handle" Cascade. I think an unbiased observer would tell you that MP would have their hands full against Cascade in a "real game", two-hand touch, 10 play scrimmage, or anything else you want to line up and play. You are totally wrong on Marco left, Marco right, and Marco up the middle. That isn't going to work against a solid defense. We had two or our best lineman out, and your starters were having a tough time keeping or second team replacements out of the backfield. Your Coach is wise in trying to balance his offense by having Marco throw the ball. It isn't his fault several of the other kids were dropping passes. I always enjoy peoples take on what probably would of happened when they didn't even see the scrimmage, so go ahead and amuse yourself.

Oh by the way, I think the MP fans that were there, will tell you that Cascade has as many "game breakers" as you'll see this season in a game. Good luck this year.

Yes--Cascade was very impressive. Strong and fast--a real match up will be one heck of a football game---Good luck to Cascade-----GO TIGERS

I've heard that too. I just find that hard to believe. I know they've got a couple of great players but I just don't see it. They lost to McEwen last year 45-21. McEwen finished 5th in Region 5. Bruceton also lost to TCA last year by 22. From what I hear, neither team lost a significant amount of players so I'd still say TCA is the favorite. Heck I'd put Fayette Academy or McKenzie ahead of Bruceton.

Can't go by that..Bruceton beat Lake Co and Lake Co beat Fayette and was just one play from maybe winning the State themselves..Lake Co was the best public school at the end of the year..no matter what Mt.Pleasant fans seem to think..The score with J.C. S. is the end last years story....But I talked to Coach Sharp from Lewis Co yesterday and about an hour ago today and he told me Cascade was going to be a very good team..So these two teams,Cascade and Mt.Pleasant may be the top two teams..Good luck to both teams..I look for Bruceton to be the best team in our region or maybe McKenzie..Lake Co is very young so we may be a year or two away..But anyway..good luck...I really look for Mt.Pleasant to be the team to beat..Based on last year with most back..bigger..faster..stronger..Could be their year

Jo Byrns will have a lot to say about us meeting in November. Cascade better focus on them before worrying about mTp.

I would listen to what Cascade coach had to say before reading too much into this scrimmage.............

"Despite looking pretty sharp after minimal practice time this week, Parker downplayed beating the three-time Region 6-A champs.

"We're 0-0. That score doesn't make any difference. That was just a scrimmage, and we didn't beat them."

If we meet in November, it will be a totally different ballgame. Count on it. Good luck with Jo Byrns.

Sorry I haven't posted yet. Don't let that disillusion you. I am not ashamed of my team. Cascade is a very good team as I knew they would be. They really handed it to us the first couple of series' and didn't let up. I must say that the mathmatics in Bedford county is different than in Maury. I didn't keep up with the B team but I thought the score was 3 - 2 Cascade. I asked the paper guy covering MP just to make sure and he agreed it was 3 - 2 with the starters in. No matter the score we still lost. We found out that we have to find a couple people that really want to play on the line instead of just stand around. Thanks to the whoppin they got from Cascade maybe they will practice with a little more intensity and get ready for a pretty good Spring Hill club in the jamboree and then Lewis County in week Zero. Lewis County will have one of the best lines we will face this year IMO and one of the biggest D lines for sure. Defensive tackles around 320 apiece. Look forward to keeping up with Cascade through out this year. Good luck.

Jo Byrns will have a lot to say about us meeting in November. Cascade better focus on them before worrying about mTp.

I would listen to what Cascade coach had to say before reading too much into this scrimmage.............

"Despite looking pretty sharp after minimal practice time this week, Parker downplayed beating the three-time Region 6-A champs.

"We're 0-0. That score doesn't make any difference. That was just a scrimmage, and we didn't beat them."

If we meet in November, it will be a totally different ballgame. Count on it. Good luck with Jo Byrns.

I don't recall anyone saying we were "worried" about MP. Everyone in our region knows that until beaten, Jo Byrns is King of the region. They haven't been beaten by anyone in our region for two years, so we are fully aware of the task at hand. I don't think there was any disrespect shown toward J.B. on my part. I only stated that hopefully we would meet up later in the year "with some luck". I guarantee you Parker and his staff know full well that Jo Byrns will be our biggest hurdle to success. Their are several other teams in this region who will be a huge test also this year. I think WHH and Forrest will be very tough games to win, especially on the road. If Flatt gets involved at Eagleville, who knows what to expect from them. I assure you, we aren't overlooking anyone in our region in anticipation of playing MP in the playoffs.

I do agree with you on one point, if we meet in November, it will be a totally different game. I'm just hoping there is a continued lack of respect for our program by some of your fans. We've done nothing but praise your team and it's superstar, but for some reason, some of your fans seem to be under the impression that Cascade played their "A" game and threw everything we had at you while MP had a somber approach to this scrimmage and things will be "different" in a real game. Keep thinking that way my friend......Good luck this season!

Sorry I haven't posted yet. Don't let that disillusion you. I am not ashamed of my team. Cascade is a very good team as I knew they would be. They really handed it to us the first couple of series' and didn't let up. I must say that the mathmatics in Bedford county is different than in Maury. I didn't keep up with the B team but I thought the score was 3 - 2 Cascade. I asked the paper guy covering MP just to make sure and he agreed it was 3 - 2 with the starters in. No matter the score we still lost. We found out that we have to find a couple people that really want to play on the line instead of just stand around. Thanks to the whoppin they got from Cascade maybe they will practice with a little more intensity and get ready for a pretty good Spring Hill club in the jamboree and then Lewis County in week Zero. Lewis County will have one of the best lines we will face this year IMO and one of the biggest D lines for sure. Defensive tackles around 320 apiece. Look forward to keeping up with Cascade through out this year. Good luck.

Like you said, the score was irrelevant. I can only guess the descreptancy in scoring was when one of your kids, (may of been Marco) was knocked out of bounds on the one yard line with your tenth play of the series. Some of the MP folks may of went on and counted that as a score since you would of had 1st and goal on the one had it not been a 10 play limit to each position. I personally only saw your 1st team get in the endzone once on the long pass play. But your Buddy, WHOLDER was distracting me, so I may of missed something.