East Hickman High School

Manoclth2

running the score up on a single a teams second and third team isnt that impressive. as far as what your jv team thinks who cares? you guys need to be worried about 9-7; 9-21; and 10-19. GO TRIBE!!!!

Would not dream of making excuses, but I do know for a fact that both starting offensive guards along with the starting free safety and starting wide-out did not play in the scrimmage Friday. Some guys had to be shuffled into different positions to compensate on both sides of the ball. ---So was it really one's vs. one's? Hickman County looked really good but I think it was more about eagleville not clicking up front - for obvious reasons. Hickman county will dominate thier 2a region because they are still playing with 4a athletes. - And thier coaches are doing a very good job.

p.s. love the "eagleville" defensive scheme that Hickman County has installed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not dream of making excuses, but I do know for a fact that both starting offensive guards along with the starting free safety and starting wide-out did not play in the scrimmage Friday. Some guys had to be shuffled into different positions to compensate on both sides of the ball. ---So was it really one's vs. one's? Hickman County looked really good but I think it was more about eagleville not clicking up front - for obvious reasons. Hickman county will dominate thier 2a region because they are still playing with 4a athletes. - And thier coaches are doing a very good job.

I'm glad you put that into quotations, because its actually Ray Barnes's D from his MTSU days.

I was there so i'll break it down for you. Ones vs Ones Eagleville didn't have a first down. They never crossed the 40. Hickman Co. had there ones in about 3 or 4 series and thats it. Twos played the rest of the night and looked good, real good and yes that was against Eaglevilles ones. You Harpeth folks probably need to worry about some of the lower teered teams in the region like yourselves. Thats going to be your best shot at getting a couple of wins. I dare say Eagleville would probably envoke the mercy rule on Harpeth so that should give you a general idea of where you guys are at. Hey, maybe someday you'll drop down to !a and get to win some games. Naaaa, that wouldn't work either though.

Why did you all scrimmage Eagleville, and only play varsity 3 series????

Trust me GUY Hickman County has NEVER had 4A Athletes NEVER....I know that for a fact.....You want to see 4A athletes go to Hillsboro, Stratford, Whites Creek, Maplewood and so on....but trust me Hickman County only had a 4A enrollment and NEVER had 4A athletes and that is a fact....you dont get 4A athletes from a small rural county with one school in it....come on stop looking for excuses....it is about time the folks in HC had some good football to look forward too...and I dare say dont count your chickens before they are hatched....

Last summer they walked through scrimmages like no bodies business and then one bad thing happens and it goes south...those kids are still learning how to win and that is an attitude that is hard to teach, it takes experience....I cant wait to follow the DAWGS this year....believe it or not I have a huge VESTED interest in that team!!!!!!!!!

Harpeth played 3A Station Camp to a touchdown in last Friday's scrimmage 4TD's to 3. Station Camp was in the playoffs last year as I recall.

It might take a little while, but not a long while. The sophomores and freshmen at Harpeth had a lot of success in middle school against alot of the same teams they'll play in high school. That includes pummeling Hickman County in a scrimmage and beating East during the regular season. This region does not have Goodpasture, CPA, DCA or Ezell Harding in it, so Harpeth's schedule just got a huge break. The Indians lack depth more than anything else. There's only about 35 on the roster and this will be the first season in about 4 or 5 that they didn't have a freshman qb at the helm.

Harpeth played 3A Station Camp to a touchdown in last Friday's scrimmage 4TD's to 3. Station Camp was in the playoffs last year as I recall.

It might take a little while, but not a long while. The sophomores and freshmen at Harpeth had a lot of success in middle school against alot of the same teams they'll play in high school. That includes pummeling Hickman County in a scrimmage and beating East during the regular season. This region does not have Goodpasture, CPA, DCA or Ezell Harding in it, so Harpeth's schedule just got a huge break. The Indians lack depth more than anything else. There's only about 35 on the roster and this will be the first season in about 4 or 5 that they didn't have a freshman qb at the helm.

BUMP!!!!

Hickman County will ride to all thier victories on the coat tails of Atheletes from EAST HICKMAN , Any success they had ( Becky Myatt) was on the backs of East Atheletes. Centerville may win this years meeting, ( between East and Centerville) but it is all downhill from there for the Bulldogs. That sophmore Class that Matt Jones has is shocking to say the least, from what i can tell about 70% of the team is this sophmore class, 20% is Freshman , 7% are Juniors and I think they have 1 or 2 Seniors on the team. I wish they would have played a JV Schedule this year , but this will be Centervilles only chance they will have to beat East Hickman probably ever, from here on out. Matt Jones is 100% correct that the East Atheletes were treated like second rate citizens, over the History of the School. That is why this rivalry will be so intense for the next few years. Swenson even stated to the paper in the article you are talking about, that East will be a force in the region, I heard that coach Swenson is getting off the sinking ship, after this year. BASKETBALL will be a different story, East will destroy Hickman county this year and from here on out, they dont have a prayer. All those kids that have been getting shunned, and sitting the bench while the lesser athletes played to appease the influential daddies , will be playing with a vengance, payback time .

Hickman County will ride to all thier victories on the coat tails of Atheletes from EAST HICKMAN , Any success they had ( Becky Myatt) was on the backs of East Atheletes. Centerville may win this years meeting, ( between East and Centerville) but it is all downhill from there for the Bulldogs. That sophmore Class that Matt Jones has is shocking to say the least, from what i can tell about 70% of the team is this sophmore class, 20% is Freshman , 7% are Juniors and I think they have 1 or 2 Seniors on the team. I wish they would have played a JV Schedule this year , but this will be Centervilles only chance they will have to beat East Hickman probably ever, from here on out. Matt Jones is 100% correct that the East Atheletes were treated like second rate citizens, over the History of the School. That is why this rivalry will be so intense for the next few years. Swenson even stated to the paper in the article you are talking about, that East will be a force in the region, I heard that coach Swenson is getting off the sinking ship, after this year. BASKETBALL will be a different story, East will destroy Hickman county this year and from here on out, they dont have a prayer. All those kids that have been getting shunned, and sitting the bench while the lesser athletes played to appease the influential daddies , will be playing with a vengance, payback time .

Why did a lot of starters stay at HC and the ones that played seldom go to EHHS? That's a bunch of bunk about not getting to play because of their housing location. Talent level. When the girls won the state, it was because of East players. Do you really think a coach would have benched them because of their former middle school? In baseball a few years back, no East kid made the team because they didn't go to tryouts but one day out of three. The four kids that made the team went all three days. If they didn't know about practice, it was because they either didn't read the paper or listen to the school announcements.

Why go to a tryout.... when your treated like a second rate. , there was no fairness, I did not go to school there but follow them closely, i have attended many basketball games, and a few baseball games. Baseball? gimme a break. the team was horrible, they imploded due to 1 or 2 players that were head cases. Due to politics the coach had his hands tied .There was a kid on the team last year that made consistant errors, was clearly , not even close to being the best player on the team but got the all district award ? ha. I heard the true best player was finally recognized for what he was supposed to be. My brother said it was in the paper I dont think he was from east, but from centerville.( the story is) This kid fell victim to evidently a influential daddy padding the numbers, and pushing his kid to look the best????????