East Hickman High School

Manoclth2

I had the opportunity to read the article in the Tennessean yesterday about the NEW East Hickman School....I thought it was very appropraite that Coach Jones was speaking on the behalf of his constituents as well as he did. Coach Jones mentioned the fact that EH kids were overlooked or not treated fairly at HCHS...and that many Good Athletes did not play because of favoritism (I am not quoting only paraphrasing) Just how long has Coach Jones been around HC athletics....Good Night....that may be one of the best "I'm going to work for the people speeches" I have ever seen.....that is a bunch of bologna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. You guys needed a rivalry. You got one.

Speaking from experience, it made things more interesting in Cheatham County when they split into with Harpeth first and then Sycamore later. Those in county rivalries are priceless. You guys have never had that. Columbia and Dickson are much bigger schools. Your old region in 4A didn't have what I'd call rivalry games in them. Now you can take your pick between each other, Fairview, Lewis County or Harpeth. Those kind of region rivalries will help both Hickman County schools in my opinion.

this will be a great rivalry. i would bet that swenson has talked about the game. how could you avoid it?

will East be running the same offense and defense as Hickman?

if not, what will they be running on offense and defense?

SWO

Offensively I would venture to say they will be an "I" team.

Defensively they will be a "4-4" team.

Coach Jones is only stating what the players and people from that area perceive it to have been in the past even though that may not be what actually happened. The same things were felt here at Creek Wood when we opened. The rivalry over there will be great and we only wish that we could experience the same thing here with Dickson County. Good luck Coach Jones and East Hickman!

They will be suprising a lot of people with their offense, they won't be running the I. Defensively they are running a 3-4 last I heard.

3-4? In a region that is rush first pass rarely? Or is someone in that region suddenly breaking out with the spread or at least a balanced passing game? Does East have that many good LB's? Wow, seems pretty ambitious for a brand new team. I would have thought a 4-3 or maybe even a 5-2.

3-4? In a region that is rush first pass rarely? Or is someone in that region suddenly breaking out with the spread or at least a balanced passing game? Does East have that many good LB's? Wow, seems pretty ambitious for a brand new team. I would have thought a 4-3 or maybe even a 5-2.

Three down linemen on "D"? do they know who they will be playing or has noone shown them a schedule yet? personally i think they aren't taking advantage of their depth. i guess it will be easier than i thought to roll over the new kids on the block. going to be a long year for the jv team from hickamn.Go TRIBE!!!!!

this will be a great rivalry. i would bet that swenson has talked about the game. how could you avoid it?

will East be running the same offense and defense as Hickman?

if not, what will they be running on offense and defense?

SWO

You would LOSE that bet He has NOT talked about that game. I tell you how to avoid it... be facing the Don Thomas led Tigers in a little over two weeks with Dante Hightower.The most important game to him is Marshall county and then from there the next game. Sure it would be devistating to lose to east for hickman county.. but the bulldogs have much more in there season than just beating EAST!!! Remember the Hickman county kids are playing this year to prove themselves as a GREAT team in 2A. Hence try and win a region TITLE.. The east kids just want to win the county title and that is NOT going to happen this year!! albeit in a couple of years they will be trying to win the region...

with that being said I think that coach jones and coach swenson are saying and doing the correct things. The parents of the community are where the bad blood and animosity is.... not neccessarily with the student athletes.

Best of Luck to BOTH teams and their coaches!!!!

Either way not many people from Hickman County post on here... Why is that

1. No DSL?

2. Staying quiet until the season?

3. You would think there would be more interest on here from both sides!!!

You would LOSE that bet He has NOT talked about that game. I tell you how to avoid it... be facing the Don Thomas led Tigers in a little over two weeks with Dante Hightower.The most important game to him is Marshall county and then from there the next game. Sure it would be devistating to lose to east for hickman county.. but the bulldogs have much more in there season than just beating EAST!!! Remember the Hickman county kids are playing this year to prove themselves as a GREAT team in 2A. Hence try and win a region TITLE.. The east kids just want to win the county title and that is NOT going to happen this year!! albeit in a couple of years they will be trying to win the region...

with that being said I think that coach jones and coach swenson are saying and doing the correct things. The parents of the community are where the bad blood and animosity is.... not neccessarily with the student athletes.

Best of Luck to BOTH teams and their coaches!!!!

Either way not many people from Hickman County post on here... Why is that

1. No DSL?

2. Staying quiet until the season?

3. You would think there would be more interest on here from both sides!!!

i know that in cheatham co. the school splits has led to some heated rival games. it usually flops back and forth as to who is the county champ. i don't think hchs has anything to worry about for a couple of years. problem is no teams in the region have to worry about either school from hickman.. GO TRIBE!!!!

i know that in cheatham co. the school splits has led to some heated rival games. it usually flops back and forth as to who is the county champ. i don't think hchs has anything to worry about for a couple of years. problem is no teams in the region have to worry about either school from hickman.. GO TRIBE!!!!

Hickman Co. will beat you guys so bad it will make your Mothers hurt. sheesh, when we were really really bad in 4A we beat harpeth.