East Hickman High School

Manoclth2

I believe that East Hickman will be running the single wing, although I do not know if it is balanced or unbalanced. I do not know what they are running on defense.

Speaking of county rivalries, why do Waverly and McEwen not play each other in football? I know with McEwen's region they only have one non-region possibility (and they schedule Houston Co. because they are rivals with them and they can usually whoop them), that wasn't the case before this year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickman Co. will beat you guys so bad it will make your Mothers hurt. sheesh, when we were really really bad in 4A we beat harpeth.

4A schools ought to beat 2A schools, but when Hickman did it, everybody else was doing it too. Harpeth was 0-10 after the walkout in 2004 when Hickman County beat them 30-13. The most points scored by Harpeth that season against a 2A schedule. In 2003, Harpeth beat Hickman 20-14. You don't really want to go back into the 90's when Harpeth dominated their region. Not saying that it'll happen this year, but being 4A didn't stop it from happening in the past.

I believe that East Hickman will be running the single wing, although I do not know if it is balanced or unbalanced. I do not know what they are running on defense.

Speaking of county rivalries, why do Waverly and McEwen not play each other in football? I know with McEwen's region they only have one non-region possibility (and they schedule Houston Co. because they are rivals with them and they can usually whoop them), that wasn't the case before this year.

All of the kids want to play each other, the administration and such just won't do it. We scrimmaged them about 5 years ago, Waverly painted Mac-Towns goal posts blue..hah. But we want to play, we just don't..sad. We do play them in volleyball though..lol

The single wing? is that what Perry county ran last season? If So? Isnt the New Defensive coordinator at Hickman the old DC from perry county. did he learn enough to defend it? coincidence?

what do you think NED?

The single wing? is that what Perry county ran last season? If So? Isnt the New Defensive coordinator at Hickman the old DC from perry county. did he learn enough to defend it? coincidence?

what do you think NED?

Yeah he can defend it. What made PCs hard to defend was Coach Bradley would also run the weak side veer and it was hard to gameplan for both. You seem to have alot of knowledge, dink.

Hickman County drilled Eagleville 63-7 tonight after Eagleville beat East Hickman like a drum last week. That sound you just heard was a collective "uh-oh" from Lyles and Bon Aqua.

I could not help but respond to your question about Waverly and McEwen. My guess is politics. I was just starting school way back when we played them in any sport and can remember all the talk about fighting and bickering back and forth. Then, in the early 80's it was suggested we consolidate schools. I did not think it was a good plan then and stick by that even today. Call it "small town pride". I love the town I live in (eventhough Lord knows it has its drawbacks). And I truly love the school from which my father graduated, I graduated, and just a few weeks ago, my daughter graduated. At this point in time, I know that our kids would love to play Waverly. Personally, I think it would be a great idea. Most everyone of us have cousins, neices and nephews that we would love to see playing against one another on the field and on the court. Economically, it would make a lot of sense. But for some reason, there are people calling the shots who do not see it that way. Life is so short and so precious. It is a shame that something that started over 30 years ago, still has such an impact today.

GO BIG RED!!!

I could not help but respond to your question about Waverly and McEwen. My guess is politics. I was just starting school way back when we played them in any sport and can remember all the talk about fighting and bickering back and forth. Then, in the early 80's it was suggested we consolidate schools. I did not think it was a good plan then and stick by that even today. Call it "small town pride". I love the town I live in (eventhough Lord knows it has its drawbacks). And I truly love the school from which my father graduated, I graduated, and just a few weeks ago, my daughter graduated. At this point in time, I know that our kids would love to play Waverly. Personally, I think it would be a great idea. Most everyone of us have cousins, neices and nephews that we would love to see playing against one another on the field and on the court. Economically, it would make a lot of sense. But for some reason, there are people calling the shots who do not see it that way. Life is so short and so precious. It is a shame that something that started over 30 years ago, still has such an impact today.

GO BIG RED!!!

I agree, financially it would be great for both schools. I have asked the administrations of both why and haven't gotten any responses that made any sense. I was born and raised in Waverly, I am kin to a lot of people in McEwen, married a girl from McEwen and also think that consolodation wasn't or isn't a good idea. Although, with the idea of spending 12 million dollars on new facilities in Humphreys County, instead of dividing (saying that loosely) it might be a thought to put the two together in Gorman and build a new school for both instead of pouring a large majority into a new high school in McEwen. I have heard that talk too.

Having said that, I want to see the schools play each other. The rivalry and animosity comes from adults, not the kids.

Yeah he can defend it. What made PCs hard to defend was Coach Bradley would also run the weak side veer and it was hard to gameplan for both. You seem to have alot of knowledge, dink.

Hickman County drilled Eagleville 63-7 tonight after Eagleville beat East Hickman like a drum last week. That sound you just heard was a collective "uh-oh" from Lyles and Bon Aqua.

running the score up on a single a teams second and third team isnt that impressive. as far as what your jv team thinks who cares? you guys need to be worried about 9-7; 9-21; and 10-19. GO TRIBE!!!!

Other way around. Our 2nd team was gashing their first team D.

Maybe, i wasn't there, but that isn't what i heard from some guys that wer there. i heard that it was even with the ones and hickman left thers in against twos and threes. and HHSnumber1fan is right about you guys haviong to move down to get some wins but he is wrong about you beating us... GO TRIBE!!!!!

Maybe, i wasn't there, but that isn't what i heard from some guys that wer there. i heard that it was even with the ones and hickman left thers in against twos and threes. and HHSnumber1fan is right about you guys haviong to move down to get some wins but he is wrong about you beating us... GO TRIBE!!!!!

I was there so i'll break it down for you. Ones vs Ones Eagleville didn't have a first down. They never crossed the 40. Hickman Co. had there ones in about 3 or 4 series and thats it. Twos played the rest of the night and looked good, real good and yes that was against Eaglevilles ones. You Harpeth folks probably need to worry about some of the lower teered teams in the region like yourselves. Thats going to be your best shot at getting a couple of wins. I dare say Eagleville would probably envoke the mercy rule on Harpeth so that should give you a general idea of where you guys are at. Hey, maybe someday you'll drop down to !a and get to win some games. Naaaa, that wouldn't work either though.