Greenbrier Scrimmage @ Springfield

GreenbrierCat2

Greenbrier scrimmaged at Springfield tonight, and both sides looked good. Greenbrier came out looking strong, and struck first with a Pinkelton TD. Blake Tucker made the PAT for Greenbrier to go up 7. After a few series, a Yellow Jacket (didn't see the number) made a TD of his own on a short play, but the Bobcats stopped the 2 point coversion stone-cold with only 6 on the board for Springfield. The starters soon shook hands and took a seat to cool down and let the JV take a shot.

On JV, Springfield's #4 had a good run for a TD, and then while Greenbrier mishandled a snap, the ball was picked up by Springfield #8 and taken for a short TD run.

Great job to both teams! Let's pull for our Robertson County neighbors.

:

The scoreboard didn't appear to be in use, and I really couldn't tell you exactly how many. The starters played probably equivilent to early third. It seemed the coaches might have agreed to a set time limit for starters because the game for the starters was just called. The ones that had played just sat down on the grass on the sidelines, and the coaches started with JV, but that scrimmage was maybe 15-20 plays and it was over.

Yes the final for the varsity was Greenbrier 7 - Springfield 6. Springfield only attempted one punt, the turnovers was just yardage walked off and they went for a missed two point conversion. I don't know what kind of kicking they did with Westmoreland but there was little to none with us. The Cats looked good but there is some work to be done with the line up front on blocking. That will come with watching film and seeing where it can be done better. I'm hoping the two teams helped each other learn where things can be improved and they will both move on to good seasons.

Is Greenbrier in the "East Robertson Jamboree" this weekend????

The following teams I have listed for this weekend's event currently include:

Cheatham Co.

Jo Byrns

Houston Co.

East Robertson

Hendersonville

If I'm not mistaken, I believe GB plays Hendersonville. I think that's what I heard.

The scrimmage was a typical scrimmage. Springfield looked a little better than I expected them to. The game was more of a defensive battle. Not a lot of offense that stood out.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe GB plays Hendersonville. I think that's what I heard.

The scrimmage was a typical scrimmage. Springfield looked a little better than I expected them to. The game was more of a defensive battle. Not a lot of offense that stood out.

Thanks Buddy!!!

I hear that Springfield has a very stout defense led by a stud at linebacker in Chatman.

I can't wait to see Greenbrier in person this weekend. They are a team that really intrigues me. Dickerson, Seay, Grogan, & Pinkleton all have the potential to have big years in 2007 and if they do I really can't imagine Greenbrier missing the playoffs for a second year in a row (EVEN THOUGH THAT IS MY PREDICTION).

All I can say, as a Westmoreland fan who have played both. This amazes me. how many series did each teams starters play, one?

How does this amaze you? Greenbrier looked sharp as usual while Springfield looked sloopy but as always had great athletes/speed all over the field. I am sure sure the sloppy play could some be due to inexperience as they graduated alot of players from last years team. I believe both teams will be fine this year; Greenbrier should make the play-offs and Springfield definitely has the potential to make it but it all depends on how quickly they put it together w/ their younger players.

How does this amaze you? Greenbrier looked sharp as usual while Springfield looked sloopy but as always had great athletes/speed all over the field. I am sure sure the sloppy play could some be due to inexperience as they graduated alot of players from last years team. I believe both teams will be fine this year; Greenbrier should make the play-offs and Springfield definitely has the potential to make it but it all depends on how quickly they put it together w/ their younger players.

Oh, no reason. I was just surprised after playing both. It will defintely surprise me if Springfield makes the playoffs. Thats all I'm saying. Greenbrier looked alright, hard to tell in 105 degree heat and one day after 2 adays.