Temple

Did I say that???? not quite- you know what happens when you assume right?

How many of the 2A teams in chattanooga are ranked in the top ten??? How many are undefeated??? yes thank you- when was the last time that a 2a team- (while in two a) made a state run??? (again I'll sign autographs later)

I'll take these one at a time...

1) Actually both Boyd and Tyner were preseason ranked top 10...don't know right now but my guess is that one or both will be ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season too.

2) None...because our 2a region is small we play more out of region games. I don't know about the other teams but I know that Tyner and Boyd play a tough non-region schedule with plenty of heavy hitting teams. The idea isnt to be undefeated, it is to get better.

3) If by 'run' you mean went 2 or more rounds deep in the playoffs then Boyd for the last 2 years and Tyner 2 years ago was beaten by Alcoa in the semi-final game. They were the only team that gave Alcoa any kind of game all year in 2a, so I submit they were the second best team in the State. Tyner has been to the semis multiple times in the last 10 years, and won it all in 98 I believe. I'm thinking that is probably as good as any DI class from Chattanooga has done in the last few years.

I would sign autographs, but since everyone who knows Football in the area already knew all that, I'll just drink some more Coke 0 and move on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four of the five teams in the region have played in a state title game, three winning and the other losing by five points. If Polk, Meigs and Tellico Plains had not moved up to 3A despite having 2A enrollment, it would be 5 of 8. I'd compare that with most regions in any class. Having Polk and Meigs would make the region a lot stronger, too.

1) Actually both Boyd and Tyner were preseason ranked top 10...don't know right now but my guess is that one or both will be ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season too.

2) None...because our 2a region is small we play more out of region games. I don't know about the other teams but I know that Tyner and Boyd play a tough non-region schedule with plenty of heavy hitting teams. The idea isnt to be undefeated, it is to get better.

3) If by 'run' you mean went 2 or more rounds deep in the playoffs then Boyd for the last 2 years and Tyner 2 years ago was beaten by Alcoa in the semi-final game. They were the only team that gave Alcoa any kind of game all year in 2a, so I submit they were the second best team in the State. Tyner has been to the semis multiple times in the last 10 years, and won it all in 98 I believe. I'm thinking that is probably as good as any DI class from Chattanooga has done in the last few years.

Thanks for setting him straight. I wasn't going to bother. He obviously is lacking in football knowledge /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Since we have only 3 non-region games I think we have finally stepped up our schedule as much as we can. If Alcoa wasn't such a roadblock to the state I think 2A would be an option to consider

Thanks for setting him straight. I wasn't going to bother. He obviously is lacking in football knowledge /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Since we have only 3 non-region games I think we have finally stepped up our schedule as much as we can. If Alcoa wasn't such a roadblock to the state I think 2A would be an option to consider

He is from Grace, they are new to the football thing remember. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I would sign autographs, but since everyone who knows Football in the area already knew all that, I'll just drink some more Coke 0 and move on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll take these one at a time....

1) Michagan was preseason 5- that sure means alot doesn't it???..... Tyner just got beat by a 1a school- however good....(and how good SP is has yet to be determined)...boyd just got skunked last week and now has a 2-3 record....

Tyner now stands at a powerful 2-3 record with wins over terrible Marion County as well as the Bledsoe- who we should have beat last week... Sequatchie county was a powerful 0-10 last year and this year are a much improved 1-5

2) You're exactly right- None- none of the 2A teams are undefeated, and they don't play that tough of a schedule...The only team I will give props too is tyner for playing Brainard and McCallie...however McCallie is like 3-3 this year and are not very good (compared to how good they usually are, and they will probably pound Tyner) and Brainard is a decent 3-2 but they are not great...

3) and by run I do NOT mean went 2 rounds in- I am talking about playing in the ship winning it or at least being top 4...Tyner was the last chattanooga 2A school to win the championship, or EVEN PLAY IN IT!! and that was '98!! that is almost 10 years ago.... and you can't even talk about Boyd last year..THEY WERE TERRIBLE they got beat by a bad SP team and Smith Co- who got beat by a 1A school at least twice (maybe only once)

Nice try- nobody set me straight because I was already straight- if you think 2A football in Chatt is good- your are blindly biased....

Boyd was skunked by a Red Bank team that's probably one of the 10 best in any class. Brainerd is top 10 in 4A, McCallie, even with the losses, is probably top 25 overall in the state out of 300 teams. It doesn't matter if Grace should have beaten Bledsoe or not, they still lost to them. Bledsoe has a first year coach and they've played better the past couple of weeks after getting some things straightened out. Sequatchie is struggling but every region has a last place team doing the same. You're looking at a five team region and mouthing because there only a couple of good teams in it right now, your logic is flawed-you can look at any region in the state and you won't have a winner all the way through it. 1A around Chattanooga still has David Brainerd, Copper Basin and Temple, and so on. And again, the region would have been much stronger with Polk and Meigs not deciding to move up. They're actually 2A enrollment right now.

Boyd was skunked by a Red Bank team that's probably one of the 10 best in any class. Brainerd is top 10 in 4A, McCallie, even with the losses, is probably top 25 overall in the state out of 300 teams. It doesn't matter if Grace should have beaten Bledsoe or not, they still lost to them. Bledsoe has a first year coach and they've played better the past couple of weeks after getting some things straightened out. Sequatchie is struggling but every region has a last place team doing the same. You're looking at a five team region and mouthing because there only a couple of good teams in it right now, your logic is flawed-you can look at any region in the state and you won't have a winner all the way through it. 1A around Chattanooga still has David Brainerd, Copper Basin and Temple, and so on. And again, the region would have been much stronger with Polk and Meigs not deciding to move up. They're actually 2A enrollment right now.

Ok well you are saying things about red bank and saying "probably" you have no proof of that statement...

Austin East is in 3A and just beat Brainerd- and AE is 3-2 with a bad loss in their own region... the fact that we can hang with and should beat bledsoe- shows how bad they are for 2A- they are a 5 team region- say what you want about certain teams who "should" be in that region THEY AREN'T- I never said 1A in chatt is the best...I am just saying that 2A in chattanooga is BAD!! and top to bottom probably the worst region in the state....

Region 1 in 2A is the worst in the class, nearly always. Class 2A's three lowest ranked teams are all in that region, 56th, 57th and 58th. Their region champ was beaten by 2 or 3 touchdowns last year in the first round of the playoffs, by a #4 from the next region over. Red Bank was rated 7th and McCallie 9th in the latest Massey rankings, McCallie will likely drop some when the new ones come out but they still are better than 95 percent of the state's other teams. They've lost to undefeated Division II Father Ryan by a field goal, undefeated Division II Ensworth and Brentwood Academy, ranked second in the state in any class behind Maryville. Austin-East lost to Knoxville Catholic, ranked 5th in the state in any class. Their other loss was to a pretty good Webb team that's Division II. Keep trying, you make yourself look dumber with each post.

I'll take these one at a time....

1) Michagan was preseason 5- that sure means alot doesn't it???..... Tyner just got beat by a 1a school- however good....(and how good SP is has yet to be determined)...boyd just got skunked last week and now has a 2-3 record....

Tyner now stands at a powerful 2-3 record with wins over terrible Marion County as well as the Bledsoe- who we should have beat last week... Sequatchie county was a powerful 0-10 last year and this year are a much improved 1-5

2) You're exactly right- None- none of the 2A teams are undefeated, and they don't play that tough of a schedule...The only team I will give props too is tyner for playing Brainard and McCallie...however McCallie is like 3-3 this year and are not very good (compared to how good they usually are, and they will probably pound Tyner) and Brainard is a decent 3-2 but they are not great...

3) and by run I do NOT mean went 2 rounds in- I am talking about playing in the ship winning it or at least being top 4...Tyner was the last chattanooga 2A school to win the championship, or EVEN PLAY IN IT!! and that was '98!! that is almost 10 years ago.... and you can't even talk about Boyd last year..THEY WERE TERRIBLE they got beat by a bad SP team and Smith Co- who got beat by a 1A school at least twice (maybe only once)

Nice try- nobody set me straight because I was already straight- if you think 2A football in Chatt is good- your are blindly biased....

Ok, once more into the breach...

1)I think it has been determined...SP is always good, coach Grider and Co can compete at any level up to 3a or so, and have always been able to. Tyner played well, SP played a bit better. When 2 Good teams only 1 class apart play sometimes there isn't much if any difference (we played and beat DL the year they went 9-1 and lost in the Clinic bowl, they were a big 2a and we were a medium 1a). Boyd was beaten by Red Bank 23-0. Red Bank is currently ranked 2 in 4a behind Maryville (17 in the COUNTRY). Boyd lost their starting qb this season and had 2 defensive and 1 offensive starters out for the game last week.

2)You are saying Boyd's schedule isn't tough? You're obviously high on crack or brain damaged. Let me break it down: CAK (ranked 2 or 3 in 2a, undefeated, averaging 40+/game except on Boyd)

Meigs (3a, defending region champs)

MC (Region game, returning all state qb)

Grace (ok, not so tough)

Red Bank (#2 in 4a, undefeated, 40+ per game average)

Bledsoe (Region game, good TB)

South Pitt (top 5 in 1a, should be #1)

Loudon (top 10 in 2a until loss to CAK, quality program)

Sequatchie

Tyner (always good, real good)

In summary, Boyd is playing 6 teams that are or were ranked in the top 10 in their classes. It doesn't get too much tougher (except last year's Boyd schedule, or Tyner's).

3)Apparently you didn't read my post. Tyner was top 4 2 years ago...lost to Alcoa in the semifinal game. Only team to give them any game at all, so they were the 2nd best. Smith was final 4 last year, lost to Alcoa by less than anyone all year, thus they were 2nd best in state in 2a. Boyd lost to them by 6.

conclusion: If you don't know what a good team is you can't tell who is one and who isn't. Records during the season don't mean anything as some teams play tough schedules and some don't. When you have been around a decent team for a few years get back to me, until then enjoy the shoe taste.

Region 1 in 2A is the worst in the class, nearly always. Class 2A's three lowest ranked teams are all in that region, 56th, 57th and 58th. Their region champ was beaten by 2 or 3 touchdowns last year in the first round of the playoffs, by a #4 from the next region over. Red Bank was rated 7th and McCallie 9th in the latest Massey rankings, McCallie will likely drop some when the new ones come out but they still are better than 95 percent of the state's other teams. They've lost to undefeated Division II Father Ryan by a field goal, undefeated Division II Ensworth and Brentwood Academy, ranked second in the state in any class behind Maryville. Austin-East lost to Knoxville Catholic, ranked 5th in the state in any class. Their other loss was to a pretty good Webb team that's Division II. Keep trying, you make yourself look dumber with each post.

How do I make myself look dumber when you are talking about a team (mcCallie) who HAS NOT EVEN PLAYED TYNER YET- and that is why tyner and their region are good??? hahaha wow you are stupid.

you are talking about austin east being good- they are however they beat brainerd who thumped tyner- and tyner is 2-3 how can you say you have a good region when the overall record of every team in the region is 9- 18!! with two of those 9 wins against us (grace) and another against Whitwell (who won't even make the playoffs in 1A) and your best team lost to 1A SP!!! and you have a good region ?????what a joke!!!

Ill address the baldguy in my next shalacking!!!

How do I make myself look dumber when you are talking about a team (mcCallie) who HAS NOT EVEN PLAYED TYNER YET- and that is why tyner and their region are good??? hahaha wow you are stupid.

you are talking about austin east being good- they are however they beat brainerd who thumped tyner- and tyner is 2-3 how can you say you have a good region when the overall record of every team in the region is 9- 18!! with two of those 9 wins against us (grace) and another against Whitwell (who won't even make the playoffs in 1A) and your best team lost to 1A SP!!! and you have a good region ?????what a joke!!!

Ill address the baldguy in my next shalacking!!!

Eaglemaniac, what exactly do you consider to be good 2A football? I mean, what are your criteria?

Ok, once more into the breach...

1)I think it has been determined...SP is always good, coach Grider and Co can compete at any level up to 3a or so, and have always been able to. Tyner played well, SP played a bit better. When 2 Good teams only 1 class apart play sometimes there isn't much if any difference (we played and beat DL the year they went 9-1 and lost in the Clinic bowl, they were a big 2a and we were a medium 1a). Boyd was beaten by Red Bank 23-0. Red Bank is currently ranked 2 in 4a behind Maryville (17 in the COUNTRY). Boyd lost their starting qb this season and had 2 defensive and 1 offensive starters out for the game last week.

2)You are saying Boyd's schedule isn't tough? You're obviously high on crack or brain damaged. Let me break it down: CAK (ranked 2 or 3 in 2a, undefeated, averaging 40+/game except on Boyd)

Meigs (3a, defending region champs)

MC (Region game, returning all state qb)

Grace (ok, not so tough)

Red Bank (#2 in 4a, undefeated, 40+ per game average)

Bledsoe (Region game, good TB)

South Pitt (top 5 in 1a, should be #1)

Loudon (top 10 in 2a until loss to CAK, quality program)

Sequatchie

Tyner (always good, real good)

In summary, Boyd is playing 6 teams that are or were ranked in the top 10 in their classes. It doesn't get too much tougher (except last year's Boyd schedule, or Tyner's).

3)Apparently you didn't read my post. Tyner was top 4 2 years ago...lost to Alcoa in the semifinal game. Only team to give them any game at all, so they were the 2nd best. Smith was final 4 last year, lost to Alcoa by less than anyone all year, thus they were 2nd best in state in 2a. Boyd lost to them by 6.

conclusion: If you don't know what a good team is you can't tell who is one and who isn't. Records during the season don't mean anything as some teams play tough schedules and some don't. When you have been around a decent team for a few years get back to me, until then enjoy the shoe taste.

1) I don't have to adress this we both know SP is good- however your excuses for why Boyd got skunked are lame... and we'll see how good RB ends up being...we all know preseason and middle season rankings mean nothing..

2) it would appear Boyd has a tough schedule I agree- however- that is why they will AT BEST be 500 this year going 5-5 and they could be 4-6 who cares how tough you're schedule is when you can't win or barely win half your games and get beat in the 1st or 2nd round YOU ARE NOT GOOD!

You give team names and then talk about how good they WERE like Meigs (4th in their region- who cares if they were region champs last year- everyone knows "last year" means nothing- just ask temple) or that they have 1 good player at QB or TB or whatever- it DOESNOT MATTER- they are terrible Marion, Bledsoe and Sequatchie are consistently awful- Sequatchie got beat by bad single a schools last year and will probably do the same this year- Bledsoe should have lost to us and we might be 3rd in our region...single a-

Tyner was top 4 2 years ago is the best you got...period.

don't even bring up smith county- they got beat by trousdale - and trousdale got beat by temple.... SP destroyed Boyd last year- and SP got beat 53-20 by temple and didn't even win 1 playoff game vs. the #3 in the other region...

and you are exactly right that rankings and mid season polls mean nothing- and don't tell me about good vs. bad teams- good teams are teams that win when in matters- and in the last 10 years chattanooga 2A football has had 1 school win the state title and that same school finish top 4 two years ago and that is it!!

This year 9-18 so far...with 3 wins against 1a teams (grace-2 whitwell) and a 3 losses against a 1a team... LV beat bledsoe and SP beat Tyner and whitwell beat Sequatchie-

Region 3 is a BAD 2A region- not the worst maybe but competing for the bottom...