Temple

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Chastain discredited himself on several levels with his remarks to the paper. First, he took shots at Temple for firing him over a mess he apparently made on his own. Then, he claimed the circumstances surrounding a booster paying him was "unethical", but he evidently didn't mind accepting the money.

I was trying to figure out why Scott mentioned his son playing in the games and that he came to the school for free. His son was an eigth grader on the middle school team. All the middle schoolers used to stand on the sidelines during every game. Scott was the one who put his son in those games. It sounds like sour grapes to me, a weak attempt to make Tempe look bad. I said before that the thing that hurt Scott - more than the recruiting accusations - was his mouth. I think Dr. Pearson pretty well summed it up when she said what she did about the peripheral issues and not wanting to go into a new season with stuff hanging over your head. They were distancing themselves from a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Was Scott fired from his last coaching job in north Georgia?

I was trying to figure out why Scott mentioned his son playing in the games and that he came to the school for free. His son was an eigth grader on the middle school team. All the middle schoolers used to stand on the sidelines during every game. Scott was the one who put his son in those games. It sounds like sour grapes to me, a weak attempt to make Tempe look bad. I said before that the thing that hurt Scott - more than the recruiting accusations - was his mouth. I think Dr. Pearson pretty well summed it up when she said what she did about the peripheral issues and not wanting to go into a new season with stuff hanging over your head. They were distancing themselves from a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Was Scott fired from his last coaching job in north Georgia?

Pasture, some of the admin at Temple don't seem real bright to me.

The statement by Chastain that concerns me is that his son received free tuition. I really don't think that the administration would allow that, but I also don't think Chastain is dumb enough to make that up. Whoever is proved wrong on that one is really gonna look bad.

It bothers me too. I guess the truth will come out. Maybe Chastain will find a school bill in his mailbox next week.