Temple

TFP Article

You said it.

Based on first glance of the article, Skogans look to be clear. Chastain however... dunno about that.

I could see an interesting debate whether or not Skogans would be clear because of the tuition being paid for.

He was being paid, but instead of receiving the money, and putting right back in Temple's hands in the form of tuition, there's a shortcut taken and the money never transfers hands.

Could be an interesting debate.

Thoughts?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it.

Based on first glance of the article, Skogans look to be clear. Chastain however... dunno about that.

I could see an interesting debate whether or not Skogans would be clear because of the tuition being paid for.

He was being paid, but instead of receiving the money, and putting right back in Temple's hands in the form of tuition, there's a shortcut taken and the money never transfers hands.

Thoughts?

Debate? Possibly, but I think any bookeeper in the world would say that there needs to be a paper trail left of all transactions even if it goes from left pocket to right pocket...The ethical thing todo would have been to cut him a check for services rendered, and a bill for tuition and let it get settled that way....Should be interesting to see what happens though...To me it looks like Skogen is distancing himself from the situation, his quotes were right the point"

From Ronnie Carters quotes, there does not seem to be a debate. Also, at Temple, CCS, or any other private school if your bill falls behind a couple of months upaid, as Skogen and Chastains did, then you are also ineligible.

Skogen's bill did not fall behind a couple of months unpaid. He never received a bill. The article said that Scott did receive a bill but did not pay it.

Yes, that took a long time to click your name, see that nearly all were in the Temple topic(s) by their title and notice that one phrase about getting in players. All of about three minutes. What exactly did you mean, you expected them to get players in?

I've been around Temple for 30 years and know that new students come to the high school every year, many with the hopes of making a sports team. That's all I meant.

From Ronnie Carters quotes, there does not seem to be a debate. Also, at Temple, CCS, or any other private school if your bill falls behind a couple of months upaid, as Skogen and Chastains did, then you are also ineligible.

Not even a couple of months...it has to be kept current

My initials are A.V. Are yours D.A.?

You're a funny guy How's the crow tasting? You know who I thought you might be don't you?

You said it.

Thoughts?

Strictly based on the way it was done, no bills, no checks, no paper trail I don't think there will be any debate. Technicality?? From what I have heard ...probably...... but still a violation IMO

Skogen's bill did not fall behind a couple of months unpaid. He never received a bill. The article said that Scott did receive a bill but did not pay it.

What I should have said was if your tuition was upaid for a couple of months, then you would be ruled ineligible. A bill is not required, it is what is on the books.