Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

600+ posts approximately 7 days. I challenge you to find 10 posts on the topic of Football. I think this has gotten way out of control but I won't close it. You guys have your fun.

It is news about a football program. In any case everybody has been pretty well behaved.

Come on and admit it Bighurt, you know you are enjoying reading it

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everything is true I have heard, Skogen and the previous AD wants the sports program killed so their sons will not have to sit out a year at McCallie. Also what schools in their regions would gain the most??? As for S.E. Whitfield , coach Kell tried to get the principal Alan Long fired , so the admin of S.E. and there coachs were out to get Temple.

If everything is true I have heard, Skogen and the previous AD wants the sports program killed so their sons will not have to sit out a year at McCallie. Also what schools in their regions would gain the most??? As for S.E. Whitfield , coach Kell tried to get the principal Alan Long fired , so the admin of S.E. and there coachs were out to get Temple.

They will still have to sit out this year either way. They have already transfered. I'm pretty sure Coach Skogen is not the master mind of some scheme to shut town Temple's football program. I am beginning to believe his only involvement is in the pay vs tuition thing and nothing more.

Zone or anyone, do we see any end to this? It seems there is enough evidence for TSSAA to make some sort of ruling, is it possible the will rule on what the have concrete evidence on, and then continue the investigation and see whatelse comes about, or do they normally wait until they have combed over everything, then rule all at once?

Zone or anyone, do we see any end to this? It seems there is enough evidence for TSSAA to make some sort of ruling, is it possible the will rule on what the have concrete evidence on, and then continue the investigation and see whatelse comes about, or do they normally wait until they have combed over everything, then rule all at once?

I'm pretty sure they want to do a complete investigation and then make a rulling on all the evidence at one time. Who knows what their time frame is but I would think sooner rather than later

Nobody at Temple puts any credence in what Scott Chastain has to say about anything at this point. We are all tired of his lies and weak attempts to cover his own rear and take out his vengeance on the school. Scott's whole life revolved around being the head football coach and when he robbed himself of the privilege with his dishonesty and other questionable practices, he is lashing out and pouting about it. If you believe everything that Scott says, then you are very gullible. Scott has proven that he does not care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants.

You guys surely are smart enough at this point to know that you cannot trust what you read on Coacht, the place where we all get to hide behind our anonymity and try to make you think that we know more than we do and convince you we are more important than we really are. During basketball season a kid got on the basketball forum and started a thread about who was the best point guard in Chattanooga and he apparently had two names and talked about himself in one of the first posts.

We get on here and post unintentional half-truths about what we thought we saw or heard or what we assume really did happen. We hate what is going on at the school. We hate that the current administration has done some grantedly pretty stupid stuff. You guys keep accusing us of being in denial. Do you think we are stupid? We know what we have seen and what we have not seen. We are at the school some of the time or all the time. We cannot get on here and just agree with stuff we do not have a clue about just because you say so. You call denial. We call it plain old fashioned common sense. We could use a little more of it on these boards.

Since we have not taken the time and effort to conduct an investigation on our own, calling coaches, the TSSAA, talking to Temple staff, looking at records, etc., we have no choice but to simply wait and let the school's attorneys do their jobs.

When actual charges are levied and punishments handed out and appeals done with, you will not find one of us Temple fans on here denying anything.

Pasture just a little reminder, when people on coacht first started talking about the CSAS kids taking part in spring practice and possible other violations that had been turned into the TSSAA, you defended Coach Cahstain. You said he was good man and if he did anything wrong it was out of ignorance as in not knowing the rules. Now you are saying that he is not trustworthy. Which one is it a good man or not trustworty. My opinion is that he is probably a good man and he just followed suit with what was already taking place at Temple, and like those before him they let their desire to win overcome what they knew to be the right thing to do. It can happen to any of us.

This has all been blown all out of proportion. Maybe the previous admin. and coaches should of caught all the violations at TTA , but all this happened before coach chastain or kell showed up. Steve Long has been behind a lot of the problems. The only reasons the problems have gone this far is because Connie Pearson and AD Caleb Marcum did not know what they were doing. Marcum has no experience and the only reason he has the AD job is because his daddy is the asso. pastor at Highlandpark Baptist Church.

Noway- We still need your help to know which specific items Coach Chastain was lying about on the radio this afternoon. You said that you knew he was lying, so please share with us your knowledge. We don't know.

I made a list of the major statements, etc. that Scott Chastain stated on the radio yesterday. I asked Noway to tell us which statements he was lying about. Pasture, you are now saying that he is lying. If you know what you are talking about, tell us which specific statements he lied about yesterday. If you or Noway continue to not respond, then can we assume that either you don't know what you guys are talking about or Chastain is telling the truth. Let us hear from you!