Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasture just a little reminder, when people on coacht first started talking about the CSAS kids taking part in spring practice and possible other violations that had been turned into the TSSAA, you defended Coach Cahstain. You said he was good man and if he did anything wrong it was out of ignorance as in not knowing the rules. Now you are saying that he is not trustworthy. Which one is it a good man or not trustworty. My opinion is that he is probably a good man and he just followed suit with what was already taking place at Temple, and like those before him they let their desire to win overcome what they knew to be the right thing to do. It can happen to any of us.

You may have hit the nail on the head right there.

As far as defending coach Chastain, there has been more reason as of late, you will agree, to take a much closer look and as new information is revealed, I reserve the right to make new decisions based on new information. I will however continue to believe the best about him and others and to defend them as much as I realistically can but there are some things that are indefensible.

I suspect that Chastain is lying to cover his rear. Those papers he read on the radio do not mean anything. How did he know which kids to go and get papers from?

TNT, you may or may not remember that I was not all that savvy on the rules before either and since I have become more familiar with them, I have found it very difficult to grasp how anyone who is the head football coach at any high school can ignorantly violate clear cut rules. Sounds like Bill Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman."

Old Pirate says, Pasture you are obviously an informed TT fan, so can/will you acknowledge/confirm that the QB for the team participated in spring practice for Temple. Rumor has it he did practice with the TT team while still attending SE Whitfield. Old Pirate is just attempting to clear this rumor up...................................... or perhaps another TT fan can help.................

I cannot shed any light on the QB and his practicing in the spring. I simply do not know. It would not have stood out to me if he did because I did not know that it was a big deal for a kid who was going to be attending the school to participate in spring football practice, seeing how they were not preparing or playing in a game that mattered. They seemed to me more like unofficial practices, sort of like having basketball camps during the Summer.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Either way you wanna look at it, its not a good sign....

Well... I would say it would be the normal and expected action any organization would take when they are being threatened to insure that they were getting a fair shake. Innocent or not. It would be more of a bad sign to me if they did not lawyer up. It would mean that they were really stupid and had no clue about what was going on and were oblivious to the potential tidal wave rolling their way. It is absolutely in the school's best interests to hire the attorneys to keep the TSSAA from rolling over them and keep the TSSAA honest.

There have been enough posts on here over the last few years that have expressed the belief that the T$$AA's intentions are not always beyond reproach. The attorneys that are representing the school have faced off against them in the past and walked away with a "W" more than once. Temple may be proven not to be the big bad abuser they have been made out to be.

(Yes, I am whistling)

Well... I would say it would be the normal and expected action any organization would take when they are being threatened to insure that they were getting a fair shake. Innocent or not. It would be more of a bad sign to me if they did not lawyer up. It would mean that they were really stupid and had no clue about what was going on and were oblivious to the potential tidal wave rolling their way. It is absolutely in the school's best interests to hire the attorneys to keep the TSSAA from rolling over them and keep the TSSAA honest.

There have been enough posts on here over the last few years that have expressed the belief that the T$$AA's intentions are not always beyond reproach. The attorneys that are representing the school have faced off against them in the past and walked away with a "W" more than once. Temple may be proven not to be the big bad abuser they have been made out to be.

(Yes, I am whistling)

I believe the post that brought up a lawyer was talking about the booster getting a lawyer...I would already assume that Temple has their lawyers close by.....

Having kids participate in summer basketball camps that are not yet enrolled in school is a violation also....

I think you may be mistaken. Temple has put on basketball camps for a number of years now. It is open to anyone who wants to come and participate. If there was something wrong with it, believe me we would know by now. It may be that they do not offer any for high school students?

I cannot shed any light on the QB and his practicing in the spring. I simply do not know. It would not have stood out to me if he did because I did not know that it was a big deal for a kid who was going to be attending the school to participate in spring football practice, seeing how they were not preparing or playing in a game that mattered. They seemed to me more like unofficial practices, sort of like having basketball camps during the Summer.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Old Pirate asks, did you see any spring practices? ALL/EVERYONE who watched TT in 2005 knew their QB was a senior. Old Pirate finds it impossible to believe that surely a TT fan would be interested in knowing who would replace the departing QB. Football fans (all) who witnessed TT knew they were returning some quality players in 2006. The QB was the MAJOR concern.

Old Pirate says, pasture states he just don't know. HOWEVER, SURELY...... there is at least ONE TT fan who knows the answer to my question. Come on guys...stop the denial.........................................................................

Old Pirate asks, did you see any spring practices? ALL/EVERYONE who watched TT in 2005 knew their QB was a senior. Old Pirate finds it impossible to believe that surely a TT fan would be interested in knowing who would replace the departing QB. Football fans (all) who witnessed TT knew they were returning some quality players in 2006. The QB was the MAJOR concern.

Old Pirate says, pasture states he just don't know. HOWEVER, SURELY...... there is at least ONE TT fan who knows the answer to my question. Come on guys...stop the denial.........................................................................

Me thinks Pasture was the first to confirm kids from other schools practicing. I commented if he was up close or passing by. Now he drops the innocent line again, about basketball. Like he did prior to it coming out about the spring FB practice. I say pay attention to what he posts. I think he is real close to the investigation. I also on another occasion remember him be reprimanded by a TT upper about acting out of line on TTs behalf when posting. ( during FB season)So here's another clue, I think. About whats to come next. Lets watch and see. Seems he just may have an agenda all his own.