Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says most local football fans knew TT would eventually get called on the carpet.....

The TT following can turn their anger toward the (once thought) athletic (savior) and rightfully so.

He has abandoned TT and moved his son, leaving the TT world facing the TSSAA'S scorn

Old Pirate is saddened for the kids that now have to absorb the trying times to come.

Perhaps some other private schools practicing the same type of recruiting will take note.

Old Pirate says no names are needed to be named, but watch out the law is coming.............

Old Pirate says if, games are forfieted and SP is given the Region Title then it is also unfair to various other schools affected.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says most local football fans knew TT would eventually get called on the carpet.....

The TT following can turn their anger toward the (once thought) atheletic (savior) and rightfully so.

He has abandoned TT and moved his son, leaving the TT world facing the TSSAA'S scorn

Old Pirate is saddened for the kids that now have to absorb the trying times to come.

Perhaps some other private schools practicing the same type of recruiting will take note.

Old Pirate says no names are needed to be named, but watch out the law is coming.............

Old Pirate says if, games are forfieted and SP is given the Region Title then it is also unfair to various other schools affected.

Well in the article TSSAA stated that they stripped USJ of their title for close to the same offenses, and I know for a fact that when USJ was stripped of their title it became vacant for that year. That was a State title and not a region title but i still feel that if anything is discovered to be suspiscious for TT that the region title for the 2006-2007 season should be vacated as apposed to giving it to South Pitt, not that it would matter one way or the other.

Well in the article TSSAA stated that they stripped USJ of their title for close to the same offenses, and I know for a fact that when USJ was stripped of their title it became vacant for that year. That was a State title and not a region title but i still feel that if anything is discovered to be suspiscious for TT that the region title for the 2006-2007 season should be vacated as apposed to giving it to South Pitt, not that it would matter one way or the other.

I agree. If you don't win it on the field it ain't yours. I think that was what OP was getting at

The kids still won the title. They can take it away on paper but they still won!

I agree. If you don't win it on the field it ain't yours. I think that was what OP was getting at

Old Pirate says, it's not worth a nickle to have anything given to you by forfeit......

However it is an injustice to the kids who sometimes fail to have a title because of cheating.............

Old Pirate knows of former Pirates who played for SP in the mid eighties who lost a state championship on the last play while going for a 2 point play. The play if called correctly whould have meant a title for the Pirates. This particular call was later confirmed by the TSSAA officiating as wrong.......... result lost title for SP & the kids....

Old Pirate says the TT situation is not the same, but the results still leave the kids wrongfully recognized

The TT following can turn their anger toward the (once thought) athletic (savior) and rightfully so.

Chattanooga Times-Free Press article on Tennessee Temple

Is this the same Coach Chastain that was at Red Bank a few years ago that got in trouble?

If it is not, I apologize for linking to the two together.