Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

I think the TSSAA has been very lax in regards to private schools while the BA case was ongoing. I'm sure alot of schools , both public and private cross the line now ans again. I think its human nature to want to win, my 3 yr old thinks its very important. The old saying ,cheaters never win isn't always right. They win all the time.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I think it will get uglier. Just wondering if Skogen was a full-time paid school employee and if his kids were on free or aided tuition. If they get to checking, which they probably won't, the basketball program could also be in violation. They all seemed to jump ship at the same time.

THat was already looked into- and yes he did....full tuition...that is not what it being looked into- now everything illegal surrounds chastain

Good post pasture...

Some of the same post like this have been on here for a year or so I will beleive all that stuff when when Ronnie Carter says it is so. A great deal of the Temple post on here have denied any investagation we know thats wrong.It seems awful naive to think that a 8th grader that doesnt factor in is getting free tution and larson and ridley and the skogens or you payed your way.

Some of the same post like this have been on here for a year or so I will beleive all that stuff when when Ronnie Carter says it is so. A great deal of the Temple post on here have denied any investagation we know thats wrong.It seems awful naive to think that a 8th grader that doesnt factor in is getting free tution and larson and ridley and the skogens or you payed your way.

That is a GREAT point. Why would Chastain be given free tuition for coaching and not Skogen? The TSSAA has a right to check any school's bookkeeping at any time. Kids can be ineligible if they fall behind on payments, let alone not pay at all.

That is a GREAT point. Why would Chastain be given free tuition for coaching and not Skogen? The TSSAA has a right to check any school's bookkeeping at any time. Kids can be ineligible if they fall behind on payments, let alone not pay at all.

Chastain was a volunteer coach- no tuition charged.

Skogen was either a volunteer coach or maybe the school chaplain? Since he had a full-time job as a pastor of his church, could he honestly claim to be a full-time employee of Temple as well or was he just a volunteer? I agree that Temple was not going to offer free tuition to the volunteer assistant without offering it to someone who was a head coach in both major sports. Or maybe, if his other kids went to Temple, maybe they went free? It just doesn't really make sense to me but then maybe I am not very smart!

Can you share your information with us or at least point us in a direction?

I only know a few of the details so I don't want to get anything wrong. The Times will have the story and they have worked hard getting to the bottom of it all. The words used when I was told was "Temple is about to get hammered". Things are happening quicker than I had expected.

See tomorrow's Chattanooga Times Free Press. The hammer is about to fall

Put a link online Zone. I know you got friends in high places, as well as some in low ones. You seem to have a line from the top dog down to the fence jumpers like slick rick.

Not bad for a banjo picker.