Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Neighbors at Silverdale would welcome a visit from Ronnie Carter, Silverdale has nothing to hide.

Temple fans were singing the exact same tune as early as a few weeks back .Let the Tssaa come visit ,are coaches have done nothing wrong in the past.BOOM read the paper.Then we are talking about John Allen they call him the recruiter in north ga.Why is he not coaching there where they make more money and he was winning.That is right he is at silverdale where he said it was a God thing with his 7 transfers in his first year.The other coaches and G.H.S.S.A.when he was at Lakeview did not buy that .That was why he left and could not coach there for how ever many years.

It just seemed kinda odd that the Skogens and Wadleys jumped ship when it seemed they didn't have "anything" left and wanted to move to greenier pastures. WIN AT ALL COSTS. They can recruit and do whatever they want at McCallie since it is Div II. TSSAA ought to be looking at the first two titles Temple won in Basketball to see if there were violations but that maybe too far back to consider. Skogen seems to be throwing Temple under the bus, and this is where his kids made a name for themselves and got their scholarships for college. I guess we'll just have to wait and see exactly what happens, if anything. And it is sad that this years kids will be the ones that suffer, while the others go to winning programs to continue to be able to be seen.

Chris Neighbors at Silverdale would welcome a visit from Ronnie Carter, Silverdale has nothing to hide.

Maybe, maybe not. Does he know the rules better than Temple's admin? How much oversight does he have over the coaches, admin and boosters. The wide range of Temple's problems should be a wake-up call.

It seems to me a lot of people just did not know the rules or at least that is what they are saying. I think all schools, public and private, need to make sure all admin and coaches read and sign a copy of the rules. That way this "I didn't know" defense wouldn't be used. In the last few months there have been several posts on CoachT about schools that had minor violations and nobody seem to know the rules. Just no excuse when they are a few clicks away

Maybe, maybe not. Does he know the rules better than Temple's admin? How much oversight does he have over the coaches, admin and boosters. The wide range of Temple's problems should be a wake-up call.

It seems to me a lot of people just did not know the rules or at least that is what they are saying. I think all schools, public and private, need to make sure all admin and coaches read and sign a copy of the rules. That way this "I didn't know" defense wouldn't be used. In the last few months there have been several posts on CoachT about schools that had minor violations and nobody seem to know the rules. Just no excuse when they are a few clicks away

I agree with you and hinted to that on my post but skogen and wadley knew the rules wadley was tssaa rep before he went to mcallie

The snowball has gotten really big and it ain't stopped rolling yet. I really feel sorry for this year's kids. They will have to pay for something they were not part of.

That is the way it always is at every level. In college and in high school the ones who are responsible for violations get to walk. The kids left in school and the fans of that school are always the ones that suffer the consequences.

Every head coach in a tssaa school is required to read and sign that you have read the recruiting manual published by the tssaa. By saying they did not know the rules they are admitting they did not read the manual given to them by tssaa. This is a process you have to go through every year. They have no excuse, nor does any other high school coach in Tennessee.

I find it hard to believe the previous coach and the school administration didn't understand this was against the rules. And it sounds like there's still more to be investigated. If they wanted to have athletes in school with tuition paid for them, there was a simple solution, join Division II.

If the investigation also proves that recruiting occured and that the admin was involved (as Skogen stated) then I think the "death penalty" would not be out of the question.