Riverdale vs. Oakland

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure it will be much of a battle again this year...maybe next year ...if only i had a dollar everytime i heard that LOL

ok...seriously my top 3 reasons why we will beat oakland

1. We are better than them

2. They run a wing -T offense so they wont do much if any damgage to us

3. I dont think their defense is good enought to stop us for long out OL is gonna be just to strong for them

I am not sure it will be much of a battle again this year...maybe next year ...if only i had a dollar everytime i heard that LOL

ok...seriously my top 3 reasons why we will beat oakland

1. We are better than them

2. They run a wing -T offense so they wont do much if any damgage to us

3. I dont think their defense is good enought to stop us for long out OL is gonna be just to strong for them

I dont doubt that Riverdale is better than Oakland, but to imply that Riverdale will shut Oakland's offense down just because they run the wing-t is wrong. As you should well know, there are so many different variations of it, I doubt Oakland's version of the Wing-T is exactly identical in everyway to Riverdale's. Riverdale's offense will no doubt be potent, but Moose has had all off-season to get ready for Riverdale, so I wouldnt be as so suprised as to see Oakland how their own and them some. I am not predicting an Oakland victory and Oakland may not look better on paper, but its the little things such as the experience, numbers and what not that have Oakland primed to get back where they should be.

I am picking R'dale, but lets NOT get over confident as that was 'part' of the problem when Smyrna beat us last year.

This IS a region game after all! I am just sorry I will miss it as I will be in Oklahoma watching the 'clone' graduate from Boot Camp that weekend. I am depending on this thread to let me know what I missed!

I want to see Riverdale scrimmage tomorrow before I make a prediction. I'll be picking Riverdale but the question is by how much.

Riverdale is 3-0 in scrimmages with MBA, Whites Creek, and Franklin County but has not really drawn rave reviews. Definitely hasn't impressed the Guru as he picks Franklin to win it all.

Oakland is 1-1-1 against Mt Juliet, Pearl Cohn, and Tullahoma. The Guru has noted their work and all but picked the upset on WGNS last week. Thrashing PC did show that Oakland can get physical.

And then there's the plots and sub-plots...I guess we'll know in about 11 days.

I want to see Riverdale scrimmage tomorrow before I make a prediction. I'll be picking Riverdale but the question is by how much.

Riverdale is 3-0 in scrimmages with MBA, Whites Creek, and Franklin County but has not really drawn rave reviews. Definitely hasn't impressed the Guru as he picks Franklin to win it all.

Oakland is 1-1-1 against Mt Juliet, Pearl Cohn, and Tullahoma. The Guru has noted their work and all but picked the upset on WGNS last week. Thrashing PC did show that Oakland can get physical.

And then there's the plots and sub-plots...I guess we'll know in about 11 days.

No, Oakland is not 1-1-1. Oakland killed Pearl Cohn, tied Mt. Juliet 7-7, and beat Tullahoma 3-0, and those were the starters scores. The backups against Tullahoma scored two more touchdowns and I am not 100% positive what the back ups did against Mt. Juliet.

I think Riverdale's offense will be too strong.

Considering Riverdale PERFECTED the Wing-T last year, they will be more than ready for it.

Riverdale 21+

OK sure Riverdale was good last year at the Wing-T..but PERFECTED??? that's strong..I don't think anyone would call it perfection bc there is always room for improvement. As 4 who will win this one I do believe that Riverdale will pull this one out if they keep the fire they played w/ at FC, but I do believe that Oakland is better prepared than people are wanting to give them credit 4. Riverdale has the better players they just need to step up & take leadership & play hard as a team & it will be theirs to the championship.