WHITES CREEK VS OOLTEWAH

PRIMETIME OWL

I spoke to Coach Monroe after the game and he seemed more upbeat than I expected. I think you are exactly right. First and of course foremost he wanted to win. BUT there were some other things he wanted to know that I think he got an answer to. I myself didn't think we played that well. Although winning 28-0 is hardly a bad game. Some things that were weighing heavy on his mind got answered I think. The "underclassman" are not your average "underclassman". Dear Lord can you imagine when they aren't sophmores and grow up on the field. SHEESH. That Veteran WB team better get them this year if they can. That Smith boy is a FREAK! Veterans like Caldwell and Marshall will keep things together. I wish I had a clip of Caldwell knocking that guy's helmet off. Surely someone has that. The Brady kid is only a sophmore as well. Exciting if you ask me. I think it will depend on how fast this team grows up. The veterans are the best of the best as well. I think we are in for an exciting year to say the least.

Agreed.... Coach coaches and spectators speculate. I speculate that the OWLS will be a class act this year... and for years to come!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Coach Monroe after the game and he seemed more upbeat than I expected. I think you are exactly right. First and of course foremost he wanted to win. BUT there were some other things he wanted to know that I think he got an answer to. I myself didn't think we played that well. Although winning 28-0 is hardly a bad game. Some things that were weighing heavy on his mind got answered I think. The "underclassman" are not your average "underclassman". Dear Lord can you imagine when they aren't sophmores and grow up on the field. SHEESH. That Veteran WB team better get them this year if they can. That Smith boy is a FREAK! Veterans like Caldwell and Marshall will keep things together. I wish I had a clip of Caldwell knocking that guy's helmet off. Surely someone has that. The Brady kid is only a sophmore as well. Exciting if you ask me. I think it will depend on how fast this team grows up. The veterans are the best of the best as well. I think we are in for an exciting year to say the least.

100% right on,they will be fine,if people act like this after a win what,will they do w/a loss(god forbid)?Fans need to worry about the whole picture,there is alot that goes into a game,BEFORE the games are even played,and there are plan a's and plan b's.,..and even a plan c. I think Benny used them all! good luck!!!

What kind of effect will the new East Brainerd school have on Ooltewah's enrollment, especially their demographics? Some of you probably know, do more of the players on the teams, all sports but especially football since that's the topic, live closer to Ooltewah on the average or closer to where the new school will be built? I haven't read if they'll allow students already attending Ooltewah to keep going there through graduation or not. Do they currently have a lot, a few, none, that could be going other places like Central or Tyner? None of this is to bash the program, just questions relating to the new school (opening in 2009, if there are no more problems).

What kind of effect will the new East Brainerd school have on Ooltewah's enrollment, especially their demographics? Some of you probably know, do more of the players on the teams, all sports but especially football since that's the topic, live closer to Ooltewah on the average or closer to where the new school will be built? I haven't read if they'll allow students already attending Ooltewah to keep going there through graduation or not. Do they currently have a lot, a few, none, that could be going other places like Central or Tyner? None of this is to bash the program, just questions relating to the new school (opening in 2009, if there are no more problems).

Yes,YES, and yes,again..ooltewah will probably drop down in classification for ayear or two,but the way that end of the county is growing,they will be right back were they are now in a couple of years..,..the new school isn't a solution to the growth either,because the school can't add on even a foot in any direction(and I mean,not even a foot),because of poor planning.If TYNER wasn't a magnet school there wouldn't even be a problem of overcrowding at ooltewah right now!!Central should benefit a little from the school opening(not much though),and if you already attend ooltewah you are grandfathered in.I hope they revive the central/ooltewah game,right it's got to be the most heated,hate each other,better lock up the women and childern RIVARLY in town.They flat out hate each other,like the good ole daya of marion/whitwell..,..cleveland/bradley..,..soddy/redbank..,..baylor/mccallie.

East Brainerd High will have no effect on Ooltewah's classification, and the projection is that Ooltewah will be overcrowded the second year of East Brainerd's existence.

Tons of students come from places not necessarily zoned for Ooltewah. I myself live in an area zoned for Central High.

East Hamilton County High School will effect Ooltewah a little IF it is ever built. Right now nothing is going on. It was suppose to be done this past school year and I have yet to see a building. Ooltewah is a booming town. There are probably 40+ new subdivisions popping up everywhere. As long as Monroe is at Ooltewah they will be good.

When you say LOST what do you mean? He decided yesterday that he did not want to continue playing football and wanted to CONCENTRATE on baseball.I think he has said that a few times and I don't think Coach Monroe is one to beg kids to play do you? I don't think the offense will miss a beat without him. He does understand the offense a little better because he is a senior but if his heart isn't in it then let him go I say. Sooooo Brady Reed won't be competing for reps. Which I don't think will matter since after the game last week he was going to be the starter anyway.I read on here when everybody was trying to figure out the QUARTERBACK SITUATION that if Connor wasn't the starting QB he would decide not to play and that seems to be the case. Good luck to you Connor.

I just heard that ooltewah lost their senior qb,any truth to it?

East Hamilton County High School will effect Ooltewah a little IF it is ever built. Right now nothing is going on. It was suppose to be done this past school year and I have yet to see a building. Ooltewah is a booming town. There are probably 40+ new subdivisions popping up everywhere. As long as Monroe is at Ooltewah they will be good.

Trust me the school will be build they just started pouring footers last week and we will be starting the underground next week. The long delay has been in finishing up drawings to reduce the cost as the job was very much over budget. You will start seeing some progress on the school over the next couple of weeks and it will open on time.