Poll about region 5-1A Football fields!

Best Football Facilities in Region 5-1A  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best Football Facilities in Region 5-1A

A couple of comments ......

Forrest has a fairly decent field, but I have seen it where there was no effort put into the tick marks. Some had 1 foot between them and others had 2 yards..... I know the Lions Club financed their facilities, but having the tractor pull going across their field right before the season hurts their field.

Community's field is awful. Do they even have any lights yet? Not too long ago it was a beach with a little bermuda.

How are people not voting Clarksville Ac as the best field? Turf at Austin Peay? I'd rather play there any day.

McEwen? What a place. Go to Deliverance and turn left. Those people there are scarry weird.

I think everyone who voted for Forrest were referring to the new field which has yet to open for play. It is located back behind the baseball field and way away from the tractor pull area. I'm expecting it to be something else. Every addition Chapel Hill has made in recent years put them at or near the top in respect to rival facilities and I have no doubt the Football field will be the same way.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest has a fairly decent field, but I have seen it where there was no effort put into the tick marks. Some had 1 foot between them and others had 2 yards..... I know the Lions Club financed their facilities, but having the tractor pull going across their field right before the season hurts their field.

Community's field is awful. Do they even have any lights yet? Not too long ago it was a beach with a little bermuda.

How are people not voting Clarksville Ac as the best field? Turf at Austin Peay? I'd rather play there any day.

McEwen? What a place. Go to Deliverance and turn left. Those people there are scarry weird.

McEwen… I think the only reason CA isn't being voted for is because it's not really theirs. AP's field doesn't have nearly the atmosphere as a 1A schools field does.

YES Community has lights. The field is work in progress. In 2010 they are getting a new High school and a new Field agian(Don't think it will be as grand as Forrest). Where they are now is going to be Junior High and Elementary campus.

YES Community has lights. The field is work in progress. In 2010 they are getting a new High school and a new Field agian(Don't think it will be as grand as Forrest). Where they are now is going to be Junior High and Elementary campus.

I hadn't heard anything about this, Sidetrain. I wish you could hook us up with your connections up there on the board. While our press box sways in the wind and our two customer at a time restroom is just one notch up from an outhouse, Community is receiving there second Football field in 10 years. That's interesting....

The Academy has a whole new Sports Complex, including a new football field. I haven't seen it, but I heard it was nice.

The complex for CA will be very close to the Cumberland River. It's not finished yet. I was worried about the location, but if this weather keeps up they won't have to worry about the fact that it is being built on a flood plain.

I hadn't heard anything about this, Sidetrain. I wish you could hook us up with your connections up there on the board. While our press box sways in the wind and our two customer at a time restroom is just one notch up from an outhouse, Community is receiving there second Football field in 10 years. That's interesting....

Well I could be wrong but that was my understanding. But you know how the Bedford Co school board works. They will back up on things because of money was used some where else.

I think everyone who voted for Forrest were referring to the new field which has yet to open for play. It is located back behind the baseball field and way away from the tractor pull area. I'm expecting it to be something else. Every addition Chapel Hill has made in recent years put them at or near the top in respect to rival facilities and I have no doubt the Football field will be the same way.

Yes,i wouldn't believe Forrest's "old field" would be one of the better fields in the region lol. The new stadium is very nice and should be one of if not the nicest in 1A.I talked to a guy from Lorreto at a soccer game and he said he believes our Baseball,Softball,and New Football facilities&Field House/Gym) were one of the nicest he's ever seen.Especially for 1A. Not to mention the Basketball Gym has a new floor now also.If we could ever get rid of that hill in Center field on the baseball field we'd be ready to go. lol:)

Yes,i wouldn't believe Forrest's "old field" would be one of the better fields in the region lol. The new stadium is very nice and should be one of if not the nicest in 1A.I talked to a guy from Lorreto at a soccer game and he said he believes our Baseball,Softball,and New Football facilities&Field House/Gym) were one of the nicest he's ever seen.Especially for 1A. Not to mention the Basketball Gym has a new floor now also.If we could ever get rid of that hill in Center field on the baseball field we'd be ready to go. lol:)

Must be nice to have enough county revenue to have all that. Must have large numbers in the county. Smith Co has 2 high schools. Aprox 18,000 residents. Things are not as great here. Coaches and parents take care of the facilities. With what little money that's provided. One school is in very good shape. The 1A school needs a lot of attention. New bathrooms, ect. I guess a fresh coat of paint and atmosphere will suffice.

Must be nice to have enough county revenue to have all that. Must have large numbers in the county. Smith Co has 2 high schools. Aprox 18,000 residents. Things are not as great here. Coaches and parents take care of the facilities. With what little money that's provided. One school is in very good shape. The 1A school needs a lot of attention. New bathrooms, ect. I guess a fresh coat of paint and atmosphere will suffice.

Try hosting a Tractor Pull!