Poll about region 5-1A Football fields!

Best Football Facilities in Region 5-1A  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best Football Facilities in Region 5-1A

Pretty much agree with everything you have said about Cascade. In the last Booster Club meeting, there was a plan presented to build a new restroom facility that would be located between the baseball and football fields. As far as the press box, I don't think there is a good solution outside of knocking the existing structure down and starting over. Biggest problems with improvements, according to what I have heard, is the pending new school and whether new athletic facilities will be constructed when it is built. Also, Booster Club is still strapped for the cash to start large projects because of the debt service for the new weight room/locker room facility they financed about 4 years ago.

I was not in attendance, but I understand that Mrs Edwards has revitalized the Booster Club and there were close to 50 people there Monday night. Maybe she can get enough new people with new ideas involved so that we can get all our facilities up to the quality of the teams we put on them. The coaches, especially Kenny Parker, do an exceptional job with the actually playing surfaces. Cascade's ability to grow grass second to none. But, everything around the playing surfaces needs either to be finished, or refurbished, on all the fields except maybe the soccer field, and I am sure that there are things that need to be done there as well. But, I think you can rest assured that the lights that just went up on the softball and baseball fields will represent all the county money Cascade will get for several years. It is a shame too, since the school facilities serves as a community recreation area for the area, not just for the high school teams.

I spoke with Mrs. Edwards last night at the soccer game and I'm excited about some of the things she and Mr. Rucker have planned. I absolutely agree that she is going to do whatever it takes to get things better at Cascade. Kudos to her and all others trying to make it better for the Students, Parents and Fans!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Mrs. Edwards last night at the soccer game and I'm excited about some of the things she and Mr. Rucker have planned. I absolutely agree that she is going to do whatever it takes to get things better at Cascade. Kudos to her and all others trying to make it better for the Students, Parents and Fans!

Are you guys stealing old school Jo Byrns faculty? Edwards, Rucker...both taught at JB back in the day.

Are you guys stealing old school Jo Byrns faculty? Edwards, Rucker...both taught at JB back in the day.

Actually, Mrs Edwards, our new principal is the wife of Ralph Edwards one of our assistant Football and Basketball Coaches. I told Ralph that she is finally getting paid to boss him around after all these years of doing it for nothing....... Seriously, Sharon takes her job very serious and it was the most obvious hire when Mr Looper stepped down. I expect the program to really take off now that she is in charge of things. She is very determined to make Cascade one of the better equipped programs in Middle Tennessee and I look forward to the growth we are sure to see under her supervision.

I was very disappointed that Forrest didn't have the Jamboree on the new field. I was looking forward to seeing it. Does anyone know if they plan to play on it this season or not? Also whoever the person was with the "running water" sound effect last night at the game, I hope they get a kidney infection for making us listen to that stupid thing for an hour last night!

I was very disappointed that Forrest didn't have the Jamboree on the new field. I was looking forward to seeing it. Does anyone know if they plan to play on it this season or not? Also whoever the person was with the "running water" sound effect last night at the game, I hope they get a kidney infection for making us listen to that stupid thing for an hour last night!

The new field should be ready for the 2nd home game of the season, atleast thats what I've been told.

The new field should be ready for the 2nd home game of the season, atleast thats what I've been told.

Voice, I came over to your press box to meet you last night before our game, but the guys said you had already left. Next time you leave a game early make sure you take your greatest hits CD with you (running water soundtrack). It was very annoying.......

I was too.

Was it because of the grass?

Well, it appears we win the "Worse Field" title. All region 5 schools and fans can make checks payable to the Cascade Athletic Fund and we'll make sure those funds are used for improvements to our facility!

JB is already doing their part by giving you guys another big gate this year. Quit buying T-shirts and you guys might have little money.

JB is already doing their part by giving you guys another big gate this year. Quit buying T-shirts and you guys might have little money.

I know what ya mean, we are passing the huge Forrest/Cascade gate over to Forrest for a second straight year, so we'll be giving them your money that we gain off the JB gate this year....in a round-about way. What T-shirts are you referring to?

A couple of comments ......

Forrest has a fairly decent field, but I have seen it where there was no effort put into the tick marks. Some had 1 foot between them and others had 2 yards..... I know the Lions Club financed their facilities, but having the tractor pull going across their field right before the season hurts their field.

Community's field is awful. Do they even have any lights yet? Not too long ago it was a beach with a little bermuda.

How are people not voting Clarksville Ac as the best field? Turf at Austin Peay? I'd rather play there any day.

McEwen? What a place. Go to Deliverance and turn left. Those people there are scarry weird.