Hendersonville and White House Scrimmage

Antwan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither team was very flat tonight. WH won 27-21. They had the lead 21-7 for most of the night and gave up a couple late TD's with the back ups in the game. Parker had a long td run off a swing pass out of the backfield. Payne had a very long run and was brought down inside the 5. Payne and DIxon both looked good running the ball except for a little trouble with ball security. The QB's were nothing exceptional but they were serviceable in my opinion. I think they are capable of more. The same goes for the defense. WH looked pretty good against the run but the pass defense left something to be desired. I think having the backups play so much had something to do with that. The coaches seemed to be giving alot of guys chances to play tonight. I think if we continued on with our core players we would have put up at least 35 on H'ville. H'ville did look to have a pretty good team and I believe they will have a good season. WH just performed closer to expectations tonight. They can certainly do better though.

Count me as one who thought WH looked very flat and unmotivated against SC. I thought that they could have played much better in that game. That's not taking anything away from SC at all. They came out strong and looked good. It's not like WH got blown out though. WH was right there in it even though it was a very flat and uninspired performance. I do believe if that game happened again in a month WH would win by a td or more. I had a feeling that they would come out stronger tonight against H'ville. It's a local school that the guys definitely want to beat. Not that they don't want to beat SC, I just thought they looked unmotivated against SC. I think the coaches solved that little problem. They didn't seem too happy after the SC scrimmage.

Anyone know when the next scrimmage is? I thought there was one more before the jamboree. If no one knows I will find out and post it this weekend.

GO BLUE!!!

Neither team was very flat tonight. WH won 27-21. They had the lead 21-7 for most of the night and gave up a couple late TD's with the back ups in the game. Parker had a long td run off a swing pass out of the backfield. Payne had a very long run and was brought down inside the 5. Payne and DIxon both looked good running the ball except for a little trouble with ball security. The QB's were nothing exceptional but they were serviceable in my opinion. I think they are capable of more. The same goes for the defense. WH looked pretty good against the run but the pass defense left something to be desired. I think having the backups play so much had something to do with that. The coaches seemed to be giving alot of guys chances to play tonight. I think if we continued on with our core players we would have put up at least 35 on H'ville. H'ville did look to have a pretty good team and I believe they will have a good season. WH just performed closer to expectations tonight. They can certainly do better though.

Count me as one who thought WH looked very flat and unmotivated against SC. I thought that they could have played much better in that game. That's not taking anything away from SC at all. They came out strong and looked good. It's not like WH got blown out though. WH was right there in it even though it was a very flat and uninspired performance. I do believe if that game happened again in a month WH would win by a td or more. I had a feeling that they would come out stronger tonight against H'ville. It's a local school that the guys definitely want to beat. Not that they don't want to beat SC, I just thought they looked unmotivated against SC. I think the coaches solved that little problem. They didn't seem too happy after the SC scrimmage.

Anyone know when the next scrimmage is? I thought there was one more before the jamboree. If no one knows I will find out and post it this weekend.

GO BLUE!!!

Gee...it's just weird WH was not flat against DL and H-ville. Must have been the heat...nah...it was just as hot today.

I wish WH luck this year. It just cracks me up with this flatness stuff.

Gee...it's just weird WH was not flat against DL and H-ville. Must have been the heat...nah...it was just as hot today.

I wish WH luck this year. It just cracks me up with this flatness stuff.

WH may be alot like Hartsville, when they dont do well in scrimmages Hartsville says they did it on purpose not to show anybody anything. When WH dont do well they were just flat. Is that what your trying to say Antwan?

Guest Termite

WH may be alot like Hartsville, when they dont do well in scrimmages Hartsville says they did it on purpose not to show anybody anything. When WH dont do well they were just flat. Is that what your trying to say Antwan?

I must running a fever or something..........somethings not right.....I.....I (it's hard to say) I agree with the Postman???

By the way......Good luck this season WH....hope another middle Tn. team does well this season.

I will say I enjoy scrimmaging WH ever year...it's a good measuring stick to find out where our program is.

I don't know...to be flat...or not to be flat...that is the question. I guess time will tell.

GO BLUE!!!

there are no more scrimmages for white house only jamboree game

I thought WH looked like a totally different team today from what they dislayed on Tuesday. Starters played a good, solid 5 series on offense and defense. Other than a couple of miscues, I thought their performance was up to par with where they should be in their young season. The thing is with all WH teams, they always get progressively better as the season comes along. Hendersonville had a good team, probably will finish 7-3, or something around there. As far as being flat Tuesday, believe it or not, it is possible for a 15-18 year to not be 'focused' or 'motivated' to play someone they will never play in their season, most of them probably have no idea what SC is about, etc, etc. Not saying SC is not a good team, they whooped our *ss pretty good the other day. But just because WH has a bad scrimmage doesnt mean they arent going to win a game all season. I think this team will get better and better and better as this season unfolds. You just watch... Because in the end, thats all we can do anyway. The kids decide whether or not they will be as good as they can be. But good performance today, can't wait till they play Beech next Friday.

...And you should've seen Gaines today. He's a force. Just watch 'em.

Anybody have any details? Just wondering if WH came out of their flatness.

White House was up 21-7 when one of the Paynes ran about a 60 yarder, and was brought down at the 5 yd line. Four imcomplete passes later and Hville got back in the game . It couldve been ugly . But Watson (QB) for Hville didnt play but 3 or 4 series. White House also had a couple fumbles in Hvilles territory, and also dropped 2 tds in the end zone. White House did look more inspired today. I imagine the coaches chewed some tail after the SC scrimmage. I thought Trox threw the ball well today. I also thought the kicker is starting to kick alot better. I think our defensive needs some work so our offensive wont have to score 25 points a game to win every week.

White House was up 21-7 when one of the Paynes ran about a 60 yarder, and was brought down at the 5 yd line. Four imcomplete passes later and Hville got back in the game . It couldve been ugly . But Watson (QB) for Hville didnt play but 3 or 4 series. White House also had a couple fumbles in Hvilles territory, and also dropped 2 tds in the end zone. White House did look more inspired today. I imagine the coaches chewed some tail after the SC scrimmage. I thought Trox threw the ball well today. I also thought the kicker is starting to kick alot better. I think our defensive needs some work so our offensive wont have to score 25 points a game to win every week.

2 fumbles...and 2 dropped td's...yeah...no flatness today. Sounds like H-ville was flat today.

I'd assume Hendersonville kept things pretty simple today for the following reasons:

1.) they play Greenbrier tomorrow night in the jamboree

2.) they MUST STAY INJURY FREE as their season begins next week vs Station Camp

3.) Station Camp probably stopped by today and wanted to get a sneak peak at what the Commandoes are doing

It does sound like Coach Porter and his staff got the most out of the White House players today. I saw where he referred to Tuesday as being "a wasted day" and I am positive he did not want two wasted days within one week. The jamboree is next week but by all accounts this may have been the varsity's final opportunity to showcase themselves before the season begins vs Portland. I wouldn't expect WH to play their starters much more that maybe 1-2 series' on offense & defense before emptying the bench next weekend.