WHY?

FatSak

I heard some years ago that hamilton county and chattanooga city schools had very poor facilities,but I recently,had a chance to see one area schools locker room,it was a joke!!!! rundown,ragged poor looking,outdated equipment and just a bad looking workout room..,..A friend of my had a sister that went to baylor years ago,and he said they had wonderful stuff,now granted they are avery well funded school,the school,I saw and what he told me..,..got me wondering: are all public schools that outdated and run down?I know h.c. school system is a joke,but is this a common thing around there?I,also thought someone donated a ton of money over the years,where did it go?

I heard some years ago that hamilton county and chattanooga city schools had very poor facilities,but I recently,had a chance to see one area schools locker room,it was a joke!!!! rundown,ragged poor looking,outdated equipment and just a bad looking workout room..,..A friend of my had a sister that went to baylor years ago,and he said they had wonderful stuff,now granted they are avery well funded school,the school,I saw and what he told me..,..got me wondering: are all public schools that outdated and run down?I know h.c. school system is a joke,but is this a common thing around there?I,also thought someone donated a ton of money over the years,where did it go?

Some school systems do not take care of their facilities for a variety of reasons but the primary reason is funding.

I agree it is getting bad at alot of hamilton county schools. They were susposed to upgrade the facilities at a lot of the schools but really they havn't done much to improve the athletic facilities and that was susposed to happen like 2 or 3 years ago. I did notice that at Soddy and Chatt Central both have new visitor bleachers, also Chatt Central built a new baseball and softball field and Hixson got a new field house and weight room but beyond that I havn't seen a lot of improvements to the schools that I have visited. I know there is a lot of public schools in Hamilton County and with government pushing for better education it is hard to improve things around the school, but it is getting rediculous at some schools. As for someone giving money yes i believe there was someone that did give money to improve the sports facilities but like everything now a days it got thrown in to the school budget and was used for the reasons it was donated for.

Hamilton County facilities are some of the worst in my opinion. Ooltewah's weight room and locker room are horrible. They have one coaches office where all 6 coaches dress/work from. A huge school like Ooltewah should have much better facilities than what they have. I'm sure other schools around the area have the same problem...

Hamilton County facilities are some of the worst in my opinion. Ooltewah's weight room and locker room are horrible. They have one coaches office where all 6 coaches dress/work from. A huge school like Ooltewah should have much better facilities than what they have. I'm sure other schools around the area have the same problem...

Unfortunately, public schools depend heavily on funding from things like 12th Man Clubs and the like. You ought to see some of the track and field facilities. What a disgrace. There is no reason for this other than a bad combination of poor government funding and no or insufficient funding from supporters. I don't see why those HS sports fans with abundant resources don't make significant donations to needy school athletic programs so kids are able to improve their experiences. Schools like Ooltewah with the healthy surrounding demographics should be able to organize an internal fundraising effort to have decent facilities.

Unfortunately, public schools depend heavily on funding from things like 12th Man Clubs and the like. You ought to see some of the track and field facilities. What a disgrace. There is no reason for this other than a bad combination of poor government funding and no or insufficient funding from supporters. I don't see why those HS sports fans with abundant resources don't make significant donations to needy school athletic programs so kids are able to improve their experiences. Schools like Ooltewah with the healthy surrounding demographics should be able to organize an internal fundraising effort to have decent facilities.

If you think ,things are bad there,some schools out in memphis and up north around detroit, big cities are really bad.

Really they shouldnt, (i mean all schools) theres no need for any fundraising at all in my opinion, we all pay enough taxes for this stuff this is not rec ball were you ve got to raise money for the kids, do you think these inner city kids raise money through clubs? i dont, i think they have a good rep that goes for the money because they know there not going to raise nothing, if somebody would quit giving and start asking i would think every school no matter where you are would get some of the money thats appropiated for this , our goverment will not give anything if they know they dont have to, thats why they keep getting raises and we keep raising money, THE SQUEEKYYYYY WHEEL GETS THE OIL FIRST, if your not making any noise then your not getting oil.