TricitiesSports.com Preseason Top 10

PowrPlus

The only team in this area that I would say Hampton COULD NOT beat is Sullivan South. End of story. DB is alittle better than Bristol, and Bristol is about the same as JCHS. Do the math. Morristown West got beat like 49-0 didnt they? I don't care if they got beat 49-0 to the New England Patriots. They got beat 49-0. PERIOD....

And do you honestly believe Elizabethton could beat Hampton??? You only beat an pitiful HV team by 18 points. And you think you can beat Hampton? They would have had 24 points on HV in the 1st quarter... C'mon. Just because you coaches name is Witten doesnt mean crap.

There are only a few teams that can play with Hampton in this area and that is mainly because the larger schools don't play everyone both ways. When Hampton switches from offense to defense everyone stays on the field. The schools like DB, South, Science Hill, and THS can rest some players and would wear Hampton down. Other than those four, Hampton would beat most of them and a majority would be blow outs. This doesn't include Morristown West and East.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton is by far better than a lot of the teams on this list I believe the larger schools underestimate them for some reason. They destroy all the teams they play and still get no respect. Last year, Hampton turned the ball over 5 times and still barely lost to Johnson Co. Johnson Co. just about beat Tenn High and Sullivan South. I would love to see what Hampton could do against those other 2 4A teams. They absolutely ran all over Johnson Co. this year. They beat Elizabethton's brains in during the passing league and it would be even uglier in a real game due to Hamptons superior running game and strength up front. We shall see what happens when Elizabethton and Johnson Co. play...

A poll like this is just to get a rise out of people like us. It is just hype. But that is part of what makes the sports world go 'round. So, in my top ten I have corrected for size and wins (and performance in losses) and offer the following:

1. Hampton

2. South

3. D-B

4. G'ville

5. M-East

6. Volunteer

7. East

8. Crockett

9. THS

10. M-West, Science Hill, Central (effort based)

Hampton is by far better than a lot of the teams on this list I believe the larger schools underestimate them for some reason. They destroy all the teams they play and still get no respect. Last year, Hampton turned the ball over 5 times and still barely lost to Johnson Co. Johnson Co. just about beat Tenn High and Sullivan South. I would love to see what Hampton could do against those other 2 4A teams. They absolutely ran all over Johnson Co. this year. They beat Elizabethton's brains in during the passing league and it would be even uglier in a real game due to Hamptons superior running game and strength up front. We shall see what happens when Elizabethton and Johnson Co. play...

Maybe you should of used a different game as a example of how great Hampton is besides one where they had 5 turnovers. A team with 5 turnovers in a game probably would not be considered a "great" team.

Maybe you should of used a different game as a example of how great Hampton is besides one where they had 5 turnovers. A team with 5 turnovers in a game probably would not be considered a "great" team.

Well if you'd pull your head out of your butt long enough to take a breath, you'd see that he was talking about the game LAST YEAR. THIS year, they beat a Johnson County team that many were picking to finish 2nd in the Mountain Lakes Conferance 43-24.

Well if you'd pull your head out of your butt long enough to take a breath, you'd see that he was talking about the game LAST YEAR. THIS year, they beat a Johnson County team that many were picking to finish 2nd in the Mountain Lales Conferance 43-24.

And they had several boo boo's in this one to, if not ,it would have been uglier, the score would have been 50 hsad they not pulled the starters with about 5 minutes to go. The things they did wrong are early season stuff, they will get better. Just because they are a small school, don't mean they don't have quality plarers. My guess is ,they have the biggest line in the area.

The only team in this area that I would say Hampton COULD NOT beat is Sullivan South. End of story. DB is alittle better than Bristol, and Bristol is about the same as JCHS. Do the math. Morristown West got beat like 49-0 didnt they? I don't care if they got beat 49-0 to the New England Patriots. They got beat 49-0. PERIOD....

And do you honestly believe Elizabethton could beat Hampton??? You only beat an pitiful HV team by 18 points. And you think you can beat Hampton? They would have had 24 points on HV in the 1st quarter... C'mon. Just because you coaches name is Witten doesnt mean crap.

OMG!!! I needed a good laugh this morning........ I love reading all the post here some people some go off the deep end dont they

Love watching people get all upset off over the small things in this crazy world....

maybe hampton could beat ehs i dont know that and you dont either... there is none of us that know that... only way to find out is to play it on the field... and we all know that aint going to happen....

neither school wants to play each other it would be nothing but fighting in the stands and on the field, because you would have to many rednecks that were drunk, think they know everything and are billy bad butts... im not saying hampton people either, both sides would be involved and this is ashame because this would be a great game to both play in and watch. but the world is full of ###### holes huh?

Well if you'd pull your head out of your butt long enough to take a breath, you'd see that he was talking about the game LAST YEAR. THIS year, they beat a Johnson County team that many were picking to finish 2nd in the Mountain Lakes Conferance 43-24.

You know your right. I don't know what I was thinking. Hampton is probably the best team in the state right now. They beat Johnson Co. and they were picked to finish second in the MLC this year by some people.

You will soon figure out that this is a DB alumni website. Like you said their coverage of NET high school sports is untouched by anyone, but you do have to look through their lopsided and sometimes ludicrous opinions and poles. If DB would have beaten THS by one more touchdown they would have been ranked in the #1 spot.

Although its a reality check to play a team outside the Upper ET and get whipped will it hurt DB's TriCitiesSports.com Top 10 rank? As long as they stay in the hills they should remain #1.

You know your right. I don't know what I was thinking. Hampton is probably the best team in the state right now. They beat Johnson Co. and they were picked to finish second in the MLC this year by some people.

It don't really matter if Hampton is the best team in the area or not. The thing I like about it is ,for the size of school ,they are getting far more out of their program than these bigger schools. Some of these big schools are a joke.

Although its a reality check to play a team outside the Upper ET and get whipped will it hurt DB's TriCitiesSports.com Top 10 rank? As long as they stay in the hills they should remain #1.

My guess is, they go down this week, probably still won't hurt their rankings.