Jefferson County vs Greenville

JC4life

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see. Greeneville has been to the big one how many times? And won it how many times? And had how many players to go on and play for D-1 schools. Oh and how many have made to the pro's and played on 2 super bowl teams? According to TSSAA for team championships I see nothing for football.

Team Championships and Team Runners-Up for Greeneville

Sport Year Class Description Athletes Name TeamRecord Score Site Comment

Dual Wrestling 1995 Small Team Runner-Up

Boys Golf 1989 Team Runner-Up 640 Horton

Girls Golf 1984 Team Runner-Up 187 Two Rivers

Boys Golf 1983 (Fall) Team Champions 610 Horton

Team Championships and Team Runners-Up for Jefferson County

Girls Golf 2005 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 299 Old Fort

Girls Golf 2004 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 313 Pickwick

Boys Golf 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 597 Pickwick

Football 1996 Class 5A Team Runner-Up 7-28 Nashville Attendance - 18,000

Football 1987 Class AAA Team Champions 28-10 Nashville Attendance - 27,600

Football 1983 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 6-37 Nashville Attendance - 6,000 Girls Golf 1979 Team Runner-Up 173 Horton

Girls Golf 1978 Team Runner-Up 354 Horton

This is ridiculous, State Champs in 1987 ??? These kids were not even born then. Gas was probably like a buck and a quarter. Teddy Roosevelt was president. Jonesborough and Rogersville were the only cities in the state...

1987 means nothing in 2007. Absolutely nothing. Home field advantage...YES....5A versus 4A...YES...but 1987 ??? You will have to dig a little deeper to skeer the Devils off than that. I wish I could make this game but I have a prior commitment....any radio coverage?

Good luck to both, hope everyone goes home injury free. I still say GHS 27 JC 21 but I have been wrong before, once I think

This is ridiculous, State Champs in 1987 ??? These kids were not even born then. Gas was probably like a buck and a quarter. Teddy Roosevelt was president. Jonesborough and Rogersville were the only cities in the state...

1987 means nothing in 2007. Absolutely nothing. Home field advantage...YES....5A versus 4A...YES...but 1987 ??? You will have to dig a little deeper to skeer the Devils off than that. I wish I could make this game but I have a prior commitment....any radio coverage?

Good luck to both, hope everyone goes home injury free. I still say GHS 27 JC 21 but I have been wrong before, once I think

Back to my point. Heritage and tradition. If you don't have it, you won't understand.

Lets see. Greeneville has been to the big one how many times? And won it how many times? And had how many players to go on and play for D-1 schools. Oh and how many have made to the pro's and played on 2 super bowl teams? According to TSSAA for team championships I see nothing for football.

Football 1983 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 6-37 Nashville Attendance - 6,000 Girls Golf 1979 Team Runner-Up 173 Horton

what an idiot! unless you have the 1983, 1987, 1996 football team expect a good football game.

what an idiot! unless you have the 1983, 1987, 1996 football team expect a good football game.

Hey numnuts, I never said it wasn't gonna be a good game. I was replying to barbs post about heritage and tradition. Something that not one Greeneville fan has responded to. So what have you got besides a bag over your head. Are you sopposed to be the unknown fan???

Ok i guess u got us no. i don't believe we have a state championship and hey todd collins isn't ur coach. so i believe u have nothing either except the past good luck to both teams and we will see who folds to the heat first and i don't puncuate either sorry for that one but congrats on that state title we all know that the only sports are football baseball and basketball so the golf championships they don't count either

I guess these Devils that I said on page 2 would win 35-21, have not read about how great JC's history is. I know that back in the old days, those guys could have pretty much went 2A but allways played up with the big boys .The hardest hit I ever got was at Greeneville. By the way,one of the best players in the last 10 or 15 years from around here went to Greeneville and UT.He, like a few of todays great players, couldn't stay out of trouble.