Humblodt vs. Giles County

blockhead

West Tennessee vs. Middle Tennessee. 2A title hunter vs. 3A rebuilder.

Humboldt is extremely big with lots of returning experience in the trenches and great athletes at the skill positions. One is E.J. (#13) who is a highly recruited player at DE and WR. Giles County is relatively inexperienced with only two returning offensive starters and four returning defensive starters.

How do you guys pick this one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt is extremely big with lots of returning experience in the trenches and great athletes at the skill positions. One is E.J. (#13) who is a highly recruited player at DE and WR. Giles County is relatively inexperienced with only two returning offensive starters and four returning defensive starters.

You saying Humboldt is a STATE TITLE HUNTER??.....They are going to be good but not Murfreesboro good.....Matter of fact they are going to have to play really good ball to host a first round playoff game.....

You saying Humboldt is a STATE TITLE HUNTER??.....They are going to be good but not Murfreesboro good.....Matter of fact they are going to have to play really good ball to host a first round playoff game.....

I gotta agree with Purple & Gold this time. I watched Humboldt Friday night and wasn't impressed with their overall play. Epperson is for sure a beast-could be the best in West Tn? But I think it will take all year for their new QB and RB's to get it going. If they make the playoffs and that is a big if in this region, they will be hitting the road!!!! Good luck to both teams this year.

From what I know of Humbolt , you are absolutly correct.However , Giles County is not as inexperienced

as most would think.They lost a big player in the secondary in Edgemon but Perez can fill that gap.As for the rest

of the defense,it is pretty much intact aside from a couple of spots that has been filled with players with a lot of

game time from last year.

As for the off. GC may not be as flashy but still have a pounding run attack and have the potential

for big plays both on the ground and in the air.If their young qb can settle into his position you will see

some fireworks cause GC is reciever heavy this year with a lot of talent.

QUESTION is can the Oline hold up???? I think they will be ok.

This will be a close game but GC defense will be too much for the Humboldt off.

GILES 19

HUMBOLDT 13

I don't expect GC to be near as good as they were last year...they just lost too much. Humboldt did very well last year too, but unlike Giles they have most of their team coming back. It will be a close game. If Humboldt can handle the adversity of the long road trip they will have a shot.

I dont know about their whole team returning. They return a lot of people but they lost a lot of offensive threat in the few people they did loose.