Brentwood Academy at Independence

donathan5507

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a whole lot of attention has been given to the players Indy graduated last year, but there were some key losses. Despite being small in numbers (11, I think), they were almost all extremely important to the team's success. You lose three starting O-Linemen, all of whom signed to play collegiately, Chris Darnell, Emory Martin, and Devlin Sheffield, the emotional leader of the defense.

I think that the season may not prove to be as fruitful as many have predicted and I think that these losses are a big factor in that.

Oh and Wes, you're probably right. I won't exactly cry either...I'm more concerned about September 1.

Early last year before he was suspended from school???....it's been a journey to get him on the field...let's see Lipscomb... repeated 8th grade ...homeschool....Ezell.....MBA...Indy....and we complain the the T$$AA enforces rules...are we sure he wasn't 19 before the July 31st cut off?

Great post, Mom. Not only is it accurate, it's borderline hilarious. Please post more often.

Obviously not a huge surprise, but BA looked very strong against a very talented CPA team a few weeks ago in a scrimmage. If BA can get comfortable with their new offense they will be hard to beat. I think the best time to beat them is in the first month of the season (not sure who they are playing). Their running back is fun to watch even if he makes your teams defense look silly.

Early last year before he was suspended from school???....it's been a journey to get him on the field...let's see Lipscomb... repeated 8th grade ...homeschool....Ezell.....MBA...Indy....and we complain the the T$$AA enforces rules...are we sure he wasn't 19 before the July 31st cut off?

I think he was referring to his 1,549 yards and 16 touchdown passes last year, not the other school issues.... mom

Obviously not a huge surprise, but BA looked very strong against a very talented CPA team a few weeks ago in a scrimmage. If BA can get comfortable with their new offense they will be hard to beat. I think the best time to beat them is in the first month of the season (not sure who they are playing). Their running back is fun to watch even if he makes your teams defense look silly.

I think you are on the money about good to play them early. The offense not clicking would be a hope and obviously more likely early in the year. It will be tough to sustain drives on the ground. Their line and linebackers are very big and tough. BA has some defensive backs that are suspect to talented receivers. They have some that aren't. It just depends on how often they play the weaker ones.

Not a whole lot of attention has been given to the players Indy graduated last year, but there were some key losses. Despite being small in numbers (11, I think), they were almost all extremely important to the team's success. You lose three starting O-Linemen, all of whom signed to play collegiately, Chris Darnell, Emory Martin, and Devlin Sheffield, the emotional leader of the defense.

I think that the season may not prove to be as fruitful as many have predicted and I think that these losses are a big factor in that.

Oh and Wes, you're probably right. I won't exactly cry either...I'm more concerned about September 1.

The reason there is not a whole lot of attention on the players that graduated is...because they have graduated. They have moved on and now the Eagles have new players. BA graduated players too. You play games with the players that are there not with those that have gone on. Will the Eagles win as many games as last year, I'm not sure. But they are not playing 3 easy non-region games like last year. This team will be better for the tougher schedule and I predict they make the playoffs. Get over the players that are not there. Just like next year someone else will have to get over the kids that will graduate this year.

Mom,

I'm sure Cordell is not the only kid to repeat a grade that plays sports. I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet BA has a few on its team. He's not the only one on Indy's team either. And let's not even start a player going to different schools discussion. Does BA have school district lines or does it extend over to Antioch. You opened the can of worms up badmouthing a high school player which shows very little class at all. Please do us a favor and post elsewhere.

Mom,

I'm sure Cordell is not the only kid to repeat a grade that plays sports. I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet BA has a few on its team. He's not the only one on Indy's team either. And let's not even start a player going to different schools discussion. Does BA have school district lines or does it extend over to Antioch. You opened the can of worms up badmouthing a high school player which shows very little class at all. Please do us a favor and post elsewhere.

Your exactly right...he is not the only boy to be held back..it's done all over town! My beef is with the system itself that puts so much importance on winning that we as parents will do anything to make our kids the HERO of the team! I feel sorry for the Cordell boy...I hope he has found friendships that last longer than his enrollment at school.

Your exactly right...he is not the only boy to be held back..it's done all over town! My beef is with the system itself that puts so much importance on winning that we as parents will do anything to make our kids the HERO of the team! I feel sorry for the Cordell boy...I hope he has found friendships that last longer than his enrollment at school.

I will only say if the system is what you have a beef with, then leave HS kids names out of it. In the last couple months I have had some conversations with Zac and his parents. He is doing fine here at IHS. He has a lot of talent and he's an 18 year old kid just like everyone else's 18 year old. Nobody is perfect, but they are just kids too.

I will only say if the system is what you have a beef with, then leave HS kids names out of it. In the last couple months I have had some conversations with Zac and his parents. He is doing fine here at IHS. He has a lot of talent and he's an 18 year old kid just like everyone else's 18 year old. Nobody is perfect, but they are just kids too.

If you will re-read my post...I never mentioned the kid...just the journey! You sir are the one who called him by name! I never questioned his talent.... as a matter of fact just wondered why someone with so much of it would choose the course that he followed!