Scores

VolunteerGeneral

It's good to see that ECS and SAA can get the Collierville and Houston folks stirred up. For anyone who wants to read the real story...........and yes, " the silence is almost deafening".

www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/oct/ ... challenge/

Hey 'dog, no doubt, your young Stars played well and had something to prove. You had more to gain from the tie or a win than did Collierville who had trouble keeping there shorts on for some of the game. But since you referenced the Commercial Appeal article, we've all been wondering for years who Jason Smith is related to at SAA. His bias towards SAA, and a few other private schools, especially when it comes to soccer, has been obvious for years. Even if Collierville had won, the article most probably would have leaned towards how the young Stars were only "rebuilding" and not expected to slay the "mighty" Dragon.....that is, if there would have been article at all. And before you say it, this isn't jealously, it's fact. But, it is what it is. Collierville accepts it and thrives off it.

Enjoy the accomplishment and best of luck at state.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cableguy

Very interesting!

oohh MustangSalie you are going to get the Houston parents in trouble again. You guys know better than to post things online. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey 'dog, no doubt, your young Stars played well and had something to prove. You had more to gain from the tie or a win than did Collierville who had trouble keeping there shorts on for some of the game. But since you referenced the Commercial Appeal article, we've all been wondering for years who Jason Smith is related to at SAA. His bias towards SAA, and a few other private schools, especially when it comes to soccer, has been obvious for years. Even if Collierville had won, the article most probably would have leaned towards how the young Stars were only "rebuilding" and not expected to slay the "mighty" Dragon.....that is, if there would have been article at all. And before you say it, this isn't jealously, it's fact. But, it is what it is. Collierville accepts it and thrives off it.

Enjoy the accomplishment and best of luck at state.

Hey ! Hey ! my dad ( I mean Mr. Smith ) lives in Collierville and is a graduate of Houston and his kids go to Germantown. You know us "private" schools pay for publicity. What I do know is that some folks would find fault if St. Agnes won the World Cup for the US. That's the bottom line. I don't have the depth of strength I could have thrown at you last year, but "we're as good once as we ever were". Every DOG has it's day. Best of luck to you as well.

Guest TheChosenOne

Hey ! Hey ! my dad ( I mean Mr. Smith ) lives in Collierville and is a graduate of Houston and his kids go to Germantown. You know us "private" schools pay for publicity. What I do know is that some folks would find fault if St. Agnes won the World Cup for the US. That's the bottom line. I don't have the depth of strength I could have thrown at you last year, but "we're as good once as we ever were". Every DOG has it's day. Best of luck to you as well.

I actually have to agree with this. The private school get a lot better coverage at times bc they do a better job of getting their information to the CA. Email them and ask them. Its up to your coaches and athletics department to send in scores, nominations, and other information. It is not like they can be at every game....their staff is not that big. They will cover the teams that win and the interesting stories (i.e. last weeks article on Houston vs. C'ville).

Considering Collierville's last week (5 games, 6 days, with some great teams...BTW that does not include the Houston game the previous Tuesday night) the girls performed quite well tonight and have prepared themselves for the post season.

Traveling 6 hours to play a full weekend of soccer, sleeping in a hotel with 3 strangers, eating your food out of a box and playing every twelve hours is something teams are accustomed to doing, weekend after weekend, year after year.

Wow you guys are sensitive to an innocent comment. I did remember the (above 9/4/07) quote. Then there was another about "Cake" this old gal likes a little spice.

Back to the barn!

Powell 4

Cumberland County 0

Loudon 0

Halls 0 (Game called due to lightning with 20 minutes left in the first half.)

One more thing...CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO POSTING SCORES! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Correction JV gave up 2 goals when they went in for the Varsity, final Score----- Powell 5 Cumberland County 2

Traveling 6 hours to play a full weekend of soccer, sleeping in a hotel with 3 strangers, eating your food out of a box and playing every twelve hours is something teams are accustomed to doing, weekend after weekend, year after year. Wow you guys are sensitive to an innocent comment. I did remember the (above 9/4/07) quote. Then there was another about "Cake" this old gal likes a little spice.Back to the barn!

I thought your coach gave you guys a gag order?

I thought your coach gave you guys a gag order?

BTW, I said we were happy with the results of the week...how 'bout you?