Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This score surprised me. Any details?

Did not surprise me, DonC. Both teams are very strong and both looked good on this night. Ooltewah was without their starting keeper (she broke her hand in the Notre Dame game) and their back-up keeper did a good job. It was a fun game to watch. Ooltewah played tough and showed they are certainly one of the best. Ooltewah would have four or five fewer losses if they had this type of performance in them every match. But that's why you play the matches, right? Baylor was without one of their key players as well.

On this night, Baylor had more shots on goal. Some of them were dangerous. Ooltewah had some solid chances as well, including a free kick from just outside the penalty area that rattled off of the top bar. If you weren;t there, you missed a good, competitive and clean soccer match.

Franklin 6 Independence 0Franklin District 11 regular season champs

Congratulations Franklin. Based on what I've read about them, some knowledge of their players and coaches, my guess is that Franklin is one of the top 3-5 favorites for the State title.

Bearden 7 Greeneville 0

VERY impressive win over a solid Greeneville side.

USJ 1 Madison Academic 0

Great game tonight. USJ tried a trick play and it worked. I was worried about this one, but Madison held their own against USJ. Madison had two starters who couldn`t be at the game. USJ has a very good team. USJ`s Katie Hayes is undoubtedly one of the best players in the state. She put on some jaw dropping moves during the game. Even as an opposing parent, it`s fun to watch players like her (USJ)and Alysse Flack (Madsion). Madison Academic had to work hard to hold Hayes scoreless tonight. Madison plays JCS on Thursday in another big game. Two of the 3 teams will be at the state tournament.

My hat's off to Liz Treadway and Maria Koonce for shutting down Hayes! Olivia Poteete did an awesome job at keeper last night! As VG says, "great game!" It will be interesting to see who makes it out of the West!