Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...thought Greenville would put up more of a challenge. Any details?

I know this thread is reserved for scores, but I was curious about Ensworth. I have not seen them play, but based on some of their results, they look like they could be a dangerous team. They play some good teams close but get blasted by Siegel (not taking anything from Siegel because I think they are strong, but just would have thought they match to be closer) Anyone have details about them?

I know this thread is reserved for scores, but I was curious about Ensworth. I have not seen them play, but based on some of their results, they look like they could be a dangerous team. They play some good teams close but get blasted by Siegel (not taking anything from Siegel because I think they are strong, but just would have thought they match to be closer) Anyone have details about them?

Admitting to some bias here. Ensworth is a very dangerous team in a region full of dangerous teams. When you look at BGA, Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, JPII, Father Ryan and Ensworth none have been blown out by anyone (except the Siegel game), and most have played very tough competition. The game v. Siegel was -believe it or not- "closer" than that in soem repsects. Ensworth had maybe 5 good scoring opportrunites in the first 15 minutes, but Siegel kept hammering, too, and seemed not to miss a chance. Ensworth has soem speed up front, and Emily Perkins is one of the most talented, tenacious players in the state. When they play aggressively, they can probably hang with almost anyone. They had Brentwood High down 1-0 at just before half, before the lights went out at BHS. But, again, everyone around here is really tough. Ensworth plays Father Ryan in the first round of playooifs Thursday.

Wow...thought Greenville would put up more of a challenge. Any details?

Greeneville just got beat badly by a better team. Bearden is by far the best of the three (Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden) and based on what I saw this year Bearden and Farragut should come out of their region and make it to state. Hopefully Greeneville won't have to go through Bearden to get to state.