topvol98

How does this game play out?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips went 18 for 35 last week, and that gets him to Wisconsin...so what's your point? And if those are Carr's stats they are misleading...on his first four or five attempt I'm not sure who the handoff was to, Carr or the defensive tackle. He had to fight the defense to get the ball from the QB in the backfield. I have to add that he rushed for about 130 yrd against HV.

Sorry Cap...I hold respect for you and you understand this game better than anybody but you're going in the hole on this one. You can twist it in any direction and the result is still the same. I will agree that the stats reported in the paper, at the MLC site, and TCS.com are never congruent with the stats I keep during the game. So anyone's guess is the answer to that one. But it matters not because there are better backs in the MLC. Time will tell.

'Topper defense is going to work. The offense began to show signs of cohesion. Not so fast JC! You must bring your offense up to speed quickly! Last nights performance was not a 5A performance. You got a week to get the offense on par with the defense. A 2 QB system...I'll go with that. It will give opposing defenses acid. If your offense can finish "waking up" you may just give Bearden Hades. Congratulations to JC for doing the week 1 turn around. Now go finish the job. The NET job...and maybe you can take your show on the road...in a westerly direction.

I have to agree..."not so fast". Elizabethton is only the predicted 4th maybe 5th place team in the 4A MLC conference...not near the level of teams you will see for the rest of the season. Defense looks good but their were many miscues when all the starters weren't in together. SH's success seems to hinge on Solomon almost as much and South's does on Philips and there's nothing wrong with that. The thing is you know it's coming, but can you stop it. Solomon was the offense last night and I think that was a simple but obviously effective game plan for Coach G. If his blockers can get him past the line of scrimmage, and they did a good job of that last night...LOOK OUT!!! He was poppin off 8 to 10 yards per carry until the cramp monster hit. That seemed to be the only thing that could stop him. Had he not gone out of the game with cramps I think the Betsy crowd would have been crying unsportsman like conduct from the points the Toppers would have put up on the board. When Solomon went out for the game Coach G did a good job of balancing out the remainder of the night but many of the second teamers need more reps in practice to be comfortable. Just my opinion.

In a breif statement about SH I would like to say congrats on a good win! You are BIGGER,STRONGER, and FASTER than EHS and it showed!

Way to hang tough BETSY it will get better I promise!!

Your season starts next week!

PS__I would like to see South and SH play at the end of the year bet it would be a different game!

These kinds of statements are inevitable but lets at least try and wait until midseason to start with this. Now...let the football season begin.

Phillips went 18 for 35 last week, and that gets him to Wisconsin...so what's your point? And if those are Carr's stats they are misleading...on his first four or five attempt I'm not sure who the handoff was to, Carr or the defensive tackle. He had to fight the defense to get the ball from the QB in the backfield. I have to add that he rushed for about 130 yrd against HV.

Phillips was actually 17 for 28 for 222 yrds passing and 2 tds last week according to tricitiessports. Thanks. Cap do you just make up stats?

Betsy 13 Science Hill 10

SH cannot get into shape in one week. Betsy will struggle but will overcome. You heard it hear first. ( If I am wrong I will dig and a hole and bury my head in the sand ).

Did I miss anything? I just now got my head dug out the sand.....or at least I think it was sand.......................... .....Whats that smell?

Sorry Cap...I hold respect for you and you understand this game better than anybody but you're going in the hole on this one. You can twist it in any direction and the result is still the same. I will agree that the stats reported in the paper, at the MLC site, and TCS.com are never congruent with the stats I keep during the game. So anyone's guess is the answer to that one. But it matters not because there are better backs in the MLC. Time will tell.

Hey you don't have to take my word for it, you will see soon enough for yourself. You and your team just keep preparing for that tenacious passing attach of Betsy's.

Phillips was actually 17 for 28 for 222 yrds passing and 2 tds last week according to tricitiessports. Thanks. Cap do you just make up stats?

OK....Philips rushed for 17 of 28 instead of 18 of 35. You got me on that one. Either way that is less than 2 yards per carry. You guys can say what you want...I think Carr is a horse and before the seasons over he will prove me right. As far as the MLC having better backs....let me guess...they play for South. Let me tell you...if South had a back like Carr along with Philips, it would be just a matter of going through the motions to receive your Conference Championship....BUT YOU DON"T, so we'll see ya in November.

Sounds as if there are similar problems as what the Cyclones had last year. This year they have a competitor at RB in Carr. That was missing last year. Anderson is going to give 110% behind center. The line....... it will take a couple of years and alot of work but Coach Witten knows what the missing link is. On D & O it starts up front. I don't care who is behind them. It starts up front and Witten will instill the will and ethic in the underclassmen. The others......... well, .............

If you had read earlier the stat was Phillips rushing attempts. If Phillips was a running back he would probably be the premier back in the area but since he's a qb I'm not too sure it's fair to compare. Of the three teams I've seen play this year, Duanah is clearly the best back in the area. While south's back's run hard they benefit greatly from the option with Phillips. I think Car has more speed and moves then any of the backs that i've seen at south. I like effort, grit and all that but will take talent any day. I believe that you can instill those things into a kid that has talent. Yeah, south beat us and there backs got yardage but not early on and not with Phillips showing option. There is no "big play" threat with them the way that Duanah and Carr gives you.

If you had read earlier the stat was Phillips rushing attempts. If Phillips was a running back he would probably be the premier back in the area but since he's a qb I'm not too sure it's fair to compare. Of the three teams I've seen play this year, Duanah is clearly the best back in the area. While south's back's run hard they benefit greatly from the option with Phillips. I think Car has more speed and moves then any of the backs that i've seen at south. I like effort, grit and all that but will take talent any day. I believe that you can instill those things into a kid that has talent. Yeah, south beat us and there backs got yardage but not early on and not with Phillips showing option. There is no "big play" threat with them the way that Duanah and Carr gives you.

Souths backs did not have much success against SHHS's defense. Carr had NO success against SHHS's defense. Solomon had no success against South's defense. Curt had no success rushing against SHHS's defense. I don't see how you can come away from this with a belief that Carr is a superior back. Solomon proved his worth last year so all it says is that South's defense contained him. It will be interesting to see who else can contain him if anyone. Carr had 100+ yrds. rushing against HV. So. Maybe they should play Indian Trail. Carr may be a good back but it will take a bit more evidence for me to be convinced of it. South has a RB with much potential but is unproven as of yet. So until there is proof it is just conjecture. There are 3 other potentially good backs in the MLC. None with any credintials yet. You can cut it two ways but only one will wash. You can cry that Solomon had a bad game or you can give South's defense credit. We could cry something I guess or as has been stated we could give SHHS credit for having a good defense. You can cry that Carr had no blocking or you can admit that SHHS's defense is superior. I don't see ANY RB in NET having much success against SHHS's defense. Period. Now if you have gut instinct feeling that a RB is top shelf then fine...but he must prove it. I will reitierate that running out of the spread is not the most condusive offense to a RB's success. In fact it is virtual suicide. If a RB has success out of the spread then it can be assumed that from a traditional running set (i.e. Wing T, Power I, Wishbone, etc) he will be a whirlwind. The bottom line is that in NET Christian McFall and Solomon Duanah are the only proven RB's in 4A and 5A. And the other fact is SHHS has a top shelf defense and depending on performance going forward South potentially has a top shelf defense. We will see what develops.