Oneida vs Hampton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, my......you people started with out me! I am not missing this one. Oneida aquitted itself well last week against a Rockwood team that many in the area feel might be right behind Alcoa in their conference. Certainly Hampton is the class up in the mountains, but they will take on a different Oneida team this Friday night. I like what I've been hearing the last few days since the Rockwood games. The fact that the game was low scoring was a tip to the quality of the defenses. I think the long trip up will have some effect on the Bulldogs, at least for a little bit. It would be very surprising if the Bulldog D can totally shut down the offense, but if they can, the praise will start early. Should be a good'n!

Kaz

My, my......you people started with out me! I am not missing this one. Oneida aquitted itself well last week against a Rockwood team that many in the area feel might be right behind Alcoa in their conference. Certainly Hampton is the class up in the mountains, but they will take on a different Oneida team this Friday night. I like what I've been hearing the last few days since the Rockwood games. The fact that the game was low scoring was a tip to the quality of the defenses. I think the long trip up will have some effect on the Bulldogs, at least for a little bit. It would be very surprising if the Bulldog D can totally shut down the offense, but if they can, the praise will start early. Should be a good'n!

Kaz

Kaz ,you usually do a pretty good job, I also think Rockwood will finish behind Alcoa and Loudon and Sweetwater and CAK. This is not a knock on Rockwood, its just a compliment of the strength of this region. I am beginning to think that Oneida may have a legit chance at winning their region. WE'll be able to tell alot more after this Friday.

You'll be able to tell a lot more about Rockwood after this week, too! I think they play one of the teams you mentioned, Pujo. How bad do you think Hampton can make us look? We'll show up ready to defend our turf. Lambert has his people in place, so I expect us to stir up some dust!

Kaz

Hey just a little FYI for you Hamptonites: I know you all are focused on Oneida right now, but I have something else to give yall a little more fire in you... You have people on the 4A-5A boards saying that Hampton wouldnt stand a chance against Elizabethton. What do you all think?

If the Cyclones can't beat HV no worse than they did, they don't want no part of Hampton. NUFF SAID.

You'll be able to tell a lot more about Rockwood after this week, too! I think they play one of the teams you mentioned, Pujo. How bad do you think Hampton can make us look? We'll show up ready to defend our turf. Lambert has his people in place, so I expect us to stir up some dust!

Kaz

Hey Kaz, aren't you forgetting something???????

Kaz

I've saw what Hampton can do against a quality opponent, they just look really good. They have alot to work on and they will get better. I don't think of Oneida as a chump ,they are well coached and they play very hard. I just have a feeling Hampton is the better team. Ihave learned over the years that anything can happen on any given night. Friday night will tell the tale.