Oneida vs Hampton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upset, yeah I can see some people being upset. Officiating or turnovers is about the only thing that can keep this game close. Highly impressed with Hampton last night. I will be surprised if Oneida even scores.

Well since you mentioned it,,officiating was the only reason Hampton won last year,,called our td back and then took the ball from our guy after he intercepted it and was on the ground and ran it in for a td...the officials won that game for you last year..wont happen this year...you play on our turf...welcome to ONEIDA

Well since you mentioned it,,officiating was the only reason Hampton won last year,,called our td back and then took the ball from our guy after he intercepted it and was on the ground and ran it in for a td...the officials won that game for you last year..wont happen this year...you play on our turf...welcome to ONEIDA

And why did Hampton beat Coalfield and Harriman, seems like both of them beat you fellers. I think you will need all the help you can get.

OK guys, let's evaluate here. Yeah, the TD scored early in the game last year in the playoffs could have been iffy. However, the game wound up being a 27-2 blow-out. Granted, that was last year, and this is a new season, but Hampton looked VERY strong against Johnson County, a strong contender in the Region 1-AAAA ranks. The Bulldogs rushed for 456 yards, while giving up only 73 on the ground. If the Dogs hadn't turned the ball over a few times and muffed a couple of punts, the Longhorns wouldn't have put 24 on the board. The score was closer than the game stats are. Now, that said, Hampton can't over-look anyone, esp. on the road. I'm sure Oneida will come out with a chip on their shoulder, remembering the play-off loss from last year. Hampton has played in extremely hostile environments before, Cloudland, Cosby, and Coalfield for example, so they know what to expect. I look for possibly a close game for a while, but for Hampton to pull away. They are just too big and strong.

Ha Ha Ha you make me laugh. What you seen was a very good, fast athlete run him down and strip the ball and turn then run for a touchdown. Which in my opinion was probably one of the best plays that I have ever seen in high school football. So I hope Onieda is ready for a show, because they will get one come this friday night. I look for the score to be in the 30's or 40's to nothing.

Upset, yeah I can see some people being upset. Officiating or turnovers is about the only thing that can keep this game close. Highly impressed with Hampton last night. I will be surprised if Oneida even scores.

Pujo , your not always this aggressive with your picks. I am sure Oneida has gotten better and that is why they play the games and I did say upset. Oneida has a young team.They will win some they shouldn't and they will drop some thet shouldn't.

Hampton looks very very, strong, fast and "though not on paper" well balanced, In other words they threw the rock well enough to worry JC enough to not load the box. All I'm Saying is Hampton will win this one, but as to the score, well I wont post that till the day before or of the day of the game.

Just beware of the DOGS!

The Hampton Bulldog Nation will Invade!!!

Muledog, you are right , I'm not usually this aggressive with my pick. Iguess its a region 2 thing. It goes back to the Cloudland days, they have always thought they were superior. Same thing will happen in the playoffs this season,. It always does. Another thing, Iknow a good football team when Isee one, Isaw a good one last night. I'd say its been quite a while since anyone has been able to put up 50 on Johnson Co. If the second teamers had not went in in the last 4 minutes of the game. It would have been 50. Believe it or not ,they are a good team. I think they would handle Oneida.