Oneida vs Hampton

Muledod, you are right , I'm not usually this aggressive with my pick. Iguess its a region 2 thing. It goes back to the Cloudland days, they have always thought they were superior. Same thing will happen in the playoffs this season,. It always does. Another thing, Iknow a good football team when Isee one, Isaw a good one last night. I'd say its been quite a while since anyone has been able to put up 50 on Johnson Co. If the second teamers had not went in in the last 4 minutes of the game. It would have been 50. Believe it or not ,they are a good team. I think they would handle Oneida.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pujo,

How does Hampton compare to last year? How much do they have back and do they have any new kids that can make an impact? I think Hampton win Friday night, but I know Coach Lambert will have his guys sky high for this one. They definitely came to play at Rockwood. If Hampton's players think it'll be easy they could be in for a surprise.

Goosevol, Hampton has alot of srarters back , they lost a couple of lineman and their star receiver. They look better than a year ago,, they don't have any new kids , its jusy the others have worked and got bigger ,stronger and more experienced. Trust me ,Hamptons players won;t be taking Oneida lightly, the coaching staff is too old and wise for that. They will come down there expecting a battle. I think Oneida will play their butts off, I just think Hampton is the better team. In the past two years ,Hampton has faced 6 Region 2 teams in the playoffs, won them all, That is what leads me to my opinion.

That is the only big thing with Oneida, Loaded with jr. and soph, But only 5 sr. and 3 of them have played 4 years. Youth can be a plus and a weakness. Oneida saw that at Rockwood ,mistakes from youth killed them and all the talent in the world can not make up for experience

One of Hamptons biggest assets is the type of kids they have, they have several seniors who have went through many battles, they act really mature and are more like men than boys. The coaches will have them prepared for a battle. These kids are a coaches dream, they come to work and they want to be good.

Opps hit the wrong button and deleted a post. I was just saying where I could see Hampton's players being a bit overconfident no matter how much the coaches try to keep them focused. I figure it's only natural when you've been as dominant as Hampton has been against Region 2-A the past couple of years.