Oneida vs Hampton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pujo, last years JC team beat CAK. plus JC was supposed to be even better this year. i think i seen where they said this was supposed to be the best JC team since the early 80's, that should show how much talent hampton has on the team this year.

I saw where they said that, but from what I saw ,they overestimated or either Hampton is a powerhouse. It looked like we were running the ball downhill against a jv team. I always pull for Johnson Co , I like the way they play, hopefully they can put this behind them and not let it destroy them. I've saw this kind of thing tear a team apart and destroy their confidense, Idon't much think Johnson Co is the kind of team that would give up.

Someone already made reference to the coaching staff's trading tape, so if it isn't giving away any telling information, what should I expect to see out of Hampton? In all honesty, the Tribe doesn't really have the star thing going on, it appears to be more of a collection of good players. Is the new RB of the Adam T. variety? Are the road graders Div. I. (heard Roop was)? QB the same as last year? Feed me, I'm hungry .

Kaz

Someone already made reference to the coaching staff's trading tape, so if it isn't giving away any telling information, what should I expect to see out of Hampton? In all honesty, the Tribe doesn't really have the star thing going on, it appears to be more of a collection of good players. Is the new RB of the Adam T. variety? Are the road graders Div. I. (heard Roop was)? QB the same as last year? Feed me, I'm hungry .

Kaz

Same qb and same backs as you saw last season. A couple of the big lineman are sophmores. One is 350 the other is about 270, Roop is being courted by some d1's. They just run the ball with several different people, got a mixture of speed ,quickness and power. If you bait them ,they will throw the ball. They can hurt you either way. Its really just a solid smashmouth type of team.

I'll give Hampton their dues. They're a very good ball team. But you've got to admit that top to bottom region 2A is better than 1A. Just look at the past years and how often 1 gets put out by 2. Until region 1 or 2 can get past region 4 what does it really matter anyway!

As far as your comments about Alcoa your right. I have seen all of the region 2AA teams play. I'd venture to say that Loudon, Sweetwater, Rockwood and Oliver Springs until the last couple years would have no problem with Hampton. And yes I have seen Hampton play the last two years. The Oliver Springs teams under Johnson would knock your teeth out. They were the last region team to beat Alcoa.

If you want to talk numbers

Hampton 443

Rockwood 455

Aloca 473

Oliver Springs 492

Harriman 301

Midway 268

Oneida 424 largest in region

Coalfield 227

I'll give Hampton their dues. They're a very good ball team. But you've got to admit that top to bottom region 2A is better than 1A. Just look at the past years and how often 1 gets put out by 2. Until region 1 or 2 can get past region 4 what does it really matter anyway!

As far as your comments about Alcoa your right. I have seen all of the region 2AA teams play. I'd venture to say that Loudon, Sweetwater, Rockwood and Oliver Springs until the last couple years would have no problem with Hampton. And yes I have seen Hampton play the last two years. The Oliver Springs teams under Johnson would knock your teeth out. They were the last region team to beat Alcoa.

If you want to talk numbers

Hampton 443

Rockwood 455

Aloca 473

Oliver Springs 492

Harriman 301

Midway 268

Oneida 424 largest in region

Coalfield 227

What are you talking about "if Hampton was in Region 2 AA?" THEY"RE NOT!!!. IF they were in AA, they would be in region 1 AA... EVERYONE around here KNOWS Hampton shouldn't be in 1A. And we all KNOW they played with their numbers to get in 1A... But guess what? They're in 1A, and thats the way its gonna be till 09, no matter how much you b!tch and gripe. So get over it. We have.

I saw where they said that, but from what I saw ,they overestimated or either Hampton is a powerhouse. It looked like we were running the ball downhill against a jv team. I always pull for Johnson Co , I like the way they play, hopefully they can put this behind them and not let it destroy them. I've saw this kind of thing tear a team apart and destroy their confidense, Idon't much think Johnson Co is the kind of team that would give up.

For my 2 cents worth, Hampton is very special this year. Johnson County did not play well and most of that was caused by Hampton. After seeing the Mountain Lakes jamboree and the game against Hampton I can tell you that Hampton would have a very good shot at winning the Mountain Lakes. They have the biggest line of anyone I have seen in a long time. I think in a few weeks people are going to see that Hampton will have no problem in not only winning but they are going to totally dominate their conference. Johnson County will be fine if they make some adjustments in their game plan and some position changes. This is a pretty tight group who have played together for years. In fact the last time they got beat in this dominate a style was in the 8th grade championship game and guess by who? Thats right the Hampton Bulldogs. If I remember correct it was 40 something to 6. Hampton has also added players from that team. From what I have seen so far, Hampton is by far the best team in Carter County and if I ranked them in a poll I would only have South and DB ahead of them. Wait and see but they are that good.

For my 2 cents worth, Hampton is very special this year. Johnson County did not play well and most of that was caused by Hampton. After seeing the Mountain Lakes jamboree and the game against Hampton I can tell you that Hampton would have a very good shot at winning the Mountain Lakes. They have the biggest line of anyone I have seen in a long time. I think in a few weeks people are going to see that Hampton will have no problem in not only winning but they are going to totally dominate their conference. Johnson County will be fine if they make some adjustments in their game plan and some position changes. This is a pretty tight group who have played together for years. In fact the last time they got beat in this dominate a style was in the 8th grade championship game and guess by who? Thats right the Hampton Bulldogs. If I remember correct it was 40 something to 6. Hampton has also added players from that team. From what I have seen so far, Hampton is by far the best team in Carter County and if I ranked them in a poll I would only have South and DB ahead of them. Wait and see but they are that good.

And I think we are going to see the same thing out of Johnson Co next season. I hope Johnson Co gets it together and tears up jack. I've alway liked them better than most of the schools in this area. All Ican say is ,go to work and come back out a fighting, I'm sure you will.

I remember a highly touted Knox Webb football team with QB named Chad Pennington and a whole bevy of wide outs and RB's coming up here to the Reservation. They were the real deal coming in, but couldn't get the win. Pennington got so frustrated he threw his helmet before he even reached the sidelines. We have stoned some great high school backs over the years, some got the yards but not the W. I sure hope the boys are willing to bring it, so I don't have to write anything else stupid like "Oneida can't hang with Rockwood". That statement, after the fact, sounds like someone on a serious relapse. I got news for the team, Oneida can hang with anybody.

Kazam

I know they would not be in region 2. I have enough sense to know that they would be in 1.

All i'm saying is that you people think that Hampton is the second coming of JC (and not coach Campbell). You go on about how they dominate bigger schools and how they kill one eyed giants.

All I'm saying is that if Hampton was not in upper east tennesse you would be on here saying how glad you are that they made the playoffs this year. You would be singing how they would go beat a team from region 1 and get put out in round 2 by some other region 2 team after they sweep region 1.

At the end of the 09 season when hampton is playing in the classification they should be in and wins the weak #### region and gets put out in round 1 by the 4th place region 2 team just remember I told you so!

I ask again when was the last time a team in any classification from upper east tennessee won a state championship?

I'll tell you

Tennessee in 1972

I remember a highly touted Knox Webb football team with QB named Chad Pennington and a whole bevy of wide outs and RB's coming up here to the Reservation. They were the real deal coming in, but couldn't get the win. Pennington got so frustrated he threw his helmet before he even reached the sidelines. We have stoned some great high school backs over the years, some got the yards but not the W. I sure hope the boys are willing to bring it, so I don't have to write anything else stupid like "Oneida can't hang with Rockwood". That statement, after the fact, sounds like someone on a serious relapse. I got news for the team, Oneida can hang with anybody.

Kazam

Easy Kaz, don't be so touchy.