Macon vs Westmorland

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to buy a ref off, just call the Macon Co. field house, I think they have a direct link to the TSSAA referee head quarters. This game almost turned out to be a photo copy of last years debockle. Westmoreland up by 14 run a punt back for a touchdown 21-0 no wait, come on back boys. Then, huge possession for Macon. Westmoreland stops Macon on 4th down no wait, unsportsman like conduct, Macon 1st and 10 move the ball to the 30, lets let these boys try and get at least 1 touchdown. Macon finally scores to make it 14-7. Jump forward to the next time Macon scores, the quarterback lays the ball on the ground Westmoreland's ball, wait, let's call it an incomplete pass and give them 1 last shot at the endzone from the 4, they deserve it. All this being said, our young Eagles and the big hero of the game Cody Green who intercepted the 2nd pass of the overtime period showed some intensity on defense tonight. I was very proud to be an Eagle after we showed the will to overcome penalties and adversity of losing momentum at key points in the game. Wix had an excellent game. To bad he had to set out the DCA game. The regional title is at stake next Friday night. I hope we keep improving and I think we are going to have a fun and exciting year this season. GO EAGLES!!!!!

Westmoreland: 20

Macon Co.: 14

OMG, it looks like my prophecy of picking Macon Co. games is good. I picked a 21-7 win last week for Trousdale Co. against Macon Co. The final was 21-12 so I missed it by 5-POINTS. This week I picked a 20-14 win for Westmoreland and the final was 21-14. That's a total of 6-POINTS in two weeks that I have missed the actual scores by but in the end the winner is right on the money. What do you have to say now 1buck2???????

I wonder how I should pick the game next week for Macon Co. when Pearl Cohn comes calling. Better yet, I wonder what type of mood the Firebirds will be in coming off of an embarassing shutout loss to Maplewood

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to buy a ref off, just call the Macon Co. field house, I think they have a direct link to the TSSAA referee head quarters. This game almost turned out to be a photo copy of last years debockle. Westmoreland up by 14 run a punt back for a touchdown 21-0 no wait, come on back boys. Then, huge possession for Macon. Westmoreland stops Macon on 4th down no wait, unsportsman like conduct, Macon 1st and 10 move the ball to the 30, lets let these boys try and get at least 1 touchdown. Macon finally scores to make it 14-7. Jump forward to the next time Macon scores, the quarterback lays the ball on the ground Westmoreland's ball, wait, let's call it an incomplete pass and give them 1 last shot at the endzone from the 4, they deserve it. All this being said, our young Eagles and the big hero of the game Cody Green who intercepted the 2nd pass of the overtime period showed some intensity on defense tonight. I was very proud to be an Eagle after we showed the will to overcome penalties and adversity of losing momentum at key points in the game. Wix had an excellent game. To bad he had to set out the DCA game. The regional title is at stake next Friday night. I hope we keep improving and I think we are going to have a fun and exciting year this season. GO EAGLES!!!!!

wow if this isnt the most ignorant thing i have ever read then i dont know what is macon co wouldn't ever pay anyone off cause we know how to play the game right ...if you didnt see the block in the back then you weren't watching the same game i was or maybe ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say you had a bad angle if a ref calls unsportsman like conduct it is most likely something that cant be seen but it is usually heard most of the time players are even given warnings if macon had put the ball in the hands of the true playmaker,Lance Reid, then it wouldn't have been a problem at all to score but it seems as if the coaching staff gets a little confused at times. hmm. the last time i checked if the ball is in forward motion from the qb's arm and it hits the ground it is incomplete so once again the refs made a good call yes that interception was beautiful no way to deny that but if the coach hadn't of audibled at the line the ball would have gone to the playmaker,Lance Reid, who would have known not to give the position to the defender but it was done the score isnt going to change so great victory eagles and goodluck

Who is the Offensive Line Coach for MCHS? The first half was a PITIFUL excuse for blocking. After watching the boys come off the line, they rarely made contact and pushed W'moreland back at all. HELLO!!!!!! What happened to "HIT SOMEBODY!" If Laf had played the first half more like the second, the game might have been different. Why not run the ball alittle more? You've got the hosses, put em' to work. Where was the Head Coach? Headed for the press box, I heard. Is this a scene from the "Waterboy"? Did he put on a pair of high heel shoes and head for a corner and start sucking his thumb? Couldn't stand the heat, I guess. After all. age and experience will overcome youth on most days. After looking at their schedule, it's going to get worse....MUCH WORSE!

If anyone wants to buy a ref off, just call the Macon Co. field house, I think they have a direct link to the TSSAA referee head quarters. This game almost turned out to be a photo copy of last years debockle.

Postal nut if you want to believe that nonsense be my guest. You are making a complete idiot of yourself posting it here for all to see. I could say that my Tigers should win out after getting out played by the mighty eagles and not sound as ignorant as you. You don't get to keep the touchdown if you get caught cheating. You obviously don't understand the game.

It was a good effort from both sides last night. The better team won. I'm sure all the coaches will try to fix the problems they saw. I have some suggestions but I believe I'll not make a fool of myself sharing them here.

I LIKE MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN WESTMORELAND BUT THAT GUY WHO POSTED THE THING ABOUT THE REF'S IS AN IDIOT!

ANYWAY, THERES ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE IN EVERY CROWD!!!

I WISH MACON THE BEST BUT SOME OF THE THINGS I SAW WAS

1. THEY ARE "TRYING" TO RUN AN OFFENSE BUILT FOR COLLEGE PLAYERS

2. #13 THE MAN IN THE SLOT DID NOT HAVE A DEFENDER ON HIM FOR ABOUT 75% OF THE PLAYS AND

MACON DIDN'T "JUST ONCE" HIT HIM WITH A QUICK PASS. THEREFORE THE MAN THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

COVERING HIM WAS LEFT INSIDE TO STOP THE ATTEMPTED RUN

3. #36 AND #25 ARE THE PEOPLE WHO NEED TO GET THE BALL "AT LEAST" 50% OF THE TIME BECAUSE THEY ARE

PLAYMAKERS.....GET IT TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TIGERS.....HUNKER DOWN NEXT FRIDAY....PEARL COHNS COMING TO TOWN

So who won??? Even though Macon stunk against us last week I would like to see them win???

MACON WAS DOWN 14 - 0 AT HALF...TIED IT UP AT 14-14...THEN LOST IN THE FIRST OVERTIME

AND YOU'RE RIGHT....MACON DID STINK AT TROUSDALE....WHY DON'T SOME OF YOU COME UP FROM THE

RIVER AND SHOW US HOW TO PUT SOME MIS-DIRECTION IN AN OFFENSE...

Guest Termite

Classic......win the game and STILL make excuses... And if I understand him right........he is blaming the refs for a Westmoreland WIN??? You shouldn't have already burned that excuse...that's a good 1...it's the refs fault. It will be hard to use that 1 again